DAN A4-SFX v4.1

marctrem

What's an ITX?
Dec 4, 2019
For those of us in North America that missed out of the 4.1 buy, when's the next one looking to be? SFFLab looks like it's undergoing changes right now.

They will be back end of Nov.

Hi, I'm also eager to acquire one of your cases! Would you have an ETA for when they are going to be available? I've been checking quite frequently and unfortunately, it still seems like SSFLab is undergoing changes. Thank you!

Reactions: fullnet85

Harrian

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 30, 2019
If you ever need to find a replace for real because a non backplate GPU or so... you could use some plastic file separator / file divider (you can even choose colours! ?) A fast template with ruler and pen over the thread holes and a couple of scissor cuts and you're good to go
Thanks for the tip!

keyboard_cat

Caliper Novice
Sep 30, 2019
Hi everyone. Quick question about compatibility that I can't seem to find any info on. I understand the maximum RAM clearance is 52mm in the A4-SFX, so I picked up some Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro sticks with a height of 51mm, which should just barely clear the side panel. However, I am also interested in getting the Asetek 645LT later on down the road (I currently have the Noctua L9i), but from what I can tell, almost everyone seems to route the tubing over the top of the RAM modules for a water cooling configuration; with mine being such tall modules, I'm afraid the tubing won't be flexible/long enough to go around the modules since there's no space to go over them. Does anyone know if this is possible with tall RAM? Or should the specification be updated that water cooling requires lower RAM height?
I think most people who don't have low profile ram will route the tubes around the ram, not above it or below it. I guess you could say below it, when the board is in the case and when the case is standing up properly..., And so around becomes below if that makes sense

Reactions: longmd

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
Some temps for the 3700X (boost disabled) with L9a, extra exhaust fan and cardboard shroud:

Idle/light work: 40~45C
Gaming: 50~55C
Prime95: 60C (80C+ with boost enabled)

Running it with boost enabled can cause extreme temp jumps during light workloads, which I didn't like. With the gimped clockspeed the PC is completely silent unless it hits 60C or the HDDs are spinning.

The chipset fan was previously the loudest part of the build, but with a bios update from Gigabyte I set it to silent profile and haven't heard it since. The NVME runs a bit hot 50-55C since it's wedged between CPU and GPU.

The GPU also runs hotter than I'd like (50C+ idle, 60C+ gaming) but still reasonable. Next year I'll upgrade to something with a bigger heatsink and 3 fans.

It's a leftover from my previous build (i5 4690K), where it idled 20C cooler. The i5 itself idled only 10C cooler, and it was watercooled with a 120mm AIO. Load temps were similar between the two builds. All things considered I'm surprised by how well this chip works with such a tiny cooler and case. This build is half the size and weight of previous (Cougar case), and much quieter. Pretty happy with it.

EDIT: Forgot to list parts

Case:
A4 SFX v4.1
Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a (intake, with ghetto duct)
Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 (exhaust)
Board: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X (undervolted)
GPU: MSI GTX 960
RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB @3200mhz
PSU: Corsair SF450
Storage: Corsair MP510 1TB NVME / 2TB WD Blue / 5TB Seagate Barracuda
Front USB C port: Can't even use it :)

Last edited:

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Hi, I'm also eager to acquire one of your cases! Would you have an ETA for when they are going to be available? I've been checking quite frequently and unfortunately, it still seems like SSFLab is undergoing changes. Thank you!
I happen to selling my v4.1 on eBay for any and all who’s interested, just let me know. Never mind, it’s already sold.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: marctrem

geforce6200

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2019
Custom fan duct... cardboard and electrical tape. Not much time for testing yet. Later I'd like to try the following and see if there's any difference.

For stock 3700X:
- L9a only
- L9a + A9x14 (exhaust)
- L9a + ghetto duct + A9x14 (exhaust)
- L9a + ghetto duct + A9x14 (exhaust) [case upside down]

Does this prevent the noise issue caused by narrow clearance?

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Does this prevent the noise issue caused by narrow clearance?
L9a has noise issues with an NF-A9x14? I've only heard of noise issues coming from the A9x25 and the cryorig c7 (any variant) with stock fan. The 92mm slim fan is fine. The duct is for better temps by preventing hot air from recirculating through the cooler. Personally, my L9a was fine, with and without the 3d printed fan duct.

dlstc

What's an ITX?
Dec 7, 2019
I bought both the motherboard and usb c pin adapter from the Dan buyers guide to make sure everything will work and now I find myself unable to make use of it as the power supply blocks it. Unable to link the picture for some reason but I can't be the only one?

Teduh

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2019
It is back on SFFLab

Hey Dan,

I'm leaving overseas for school around the start of January and I was wondering if it's realistic for the case to arrive in Vancouver, BC if I selected the AIR185 option? I sent you an email via. the sfflab email, thanks.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry I am not responsible for SFFLab so i can't help you with that question. They are a webshop (reseller) that sell my products.

Last edited:

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I have recently upgraded the GPU in my Dan A4-SFX v4 from the Asus Strix GTX 1080 A8G to the MSI RTX 2070 Super OC thanks to -20% off on Black Friday.

The Asus was so large that I had to leave the GPU panel off to cut the turbulence noise. The MSI is only slightly narrower, but it is enough to kill turbulence noise. I can now have my Dan fully closed.
In terms of perf, I only gained about 30-35%. Not a huge increase but I was really pissed off by the 1080 performances in some recent games like Red Dead Redemption 2.

Reactions: Mako

Teduh

Chassis Packer
Nov 21, 2019
Sorry I am not responsible for SFFLab so i can't help you with that question. They are a webshop (reseller) that sell my products.

Ah okay. Do you know then if my order will still ship by the 13th if I placed it by the 8th? The site now says orders placed by the 15th will ship by the 20th.

FranchuT

Efficiency Noob
Dec 9, 2019
hola, quiero comprar gigabyte rtx 2080 super windforce oc, es valido para dan a4 v4 ?? tamaño gpu 50mm
what gpu rtx 2080 super its compatible with dan a4?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@FranchuT

Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER AMP
Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Twin Fan
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Black Gaming
EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER XC Gaming
INNO3D GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC X3
ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Evo