DAN A4-SFX v4.1

kowalzk1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 11, 2019
Is there a specific way i should route the riser cable, from the mobo side or from gpu side ? Don't want to short anything.
Also on the power button which wire is + and -, black or black/white or it doesn't matter how i connect it to mobo ?

RoxasShadow

Case Bender
Nov 12, 2019
@dondan thanks for your reply. I will get two 92mm and the Noctua L9a then (although the ridge bundle could be actually a little bit cheaper). Any plan to update the GPU list with the Super?

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
On this site you can filter sup 140mm tall, sub 300mm length and Dual-Slot cards. If you skip the water cooled solution this list should help:

Reactions: PHE

Mr.Hai

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 13, 2019
@yj668

How did you mount the NF-A9x14 to the pump?
And did you notice considerable improvement to the motherboard thermals from it? I've seen a couple of posts where m2/board temps are greatly increased due to the 645L.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Google for this: 8KC3-0726-0250 it is the 250mm default version. It will fit but very very close. This is why I used a custom 300mm version.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Just finished my first build.
Specs:
  • Asus Strix Z390-I
  • Intel i7-9700K
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge Heatsink (modified to work with motherboard)
  • 2x Noctua NF-A9x14 Chromax fans (one for heatsink and one for underneath motherboard)
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb, 3200mHz
  • Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE
  • Corsair SF750 PSU
  • Samsung 970 Pro 512gb SDD (boot drive)
  • 2x Samsung 860 QVO 4tb SSDs (storage)
  • Sleeved power and Sata cables from Corsair (shortened to fit in case)
I ended up sanding the base of my case to create a well worn look. Then I used parts from the silver and black case to create a two tone style that goes well with the sanded parts of the base. I swapped the case feet and used NFC Mini feet.

Do you have pictures of your modded Blackridge? I've literally the exact same build and want to figure out how to get the components to fit as the Blackridge hits against the components of the Asus motherboard.

jduritsc

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
Do you have pictures of your modded Blackridge? I've literally the exact same build and want to figure out how to get the components to fit as the Blackridge hits against the components of the Asus motherboard.

I don't have any actual pictures and prefer not to take apart my PC to get some. However, I've edited these images to show what part of the heatsink I removed to get it to fit on the Asus Z390i. These are estimates. I kinda figured it out through trial and error. The parts in red, I removed using a dremel. I then sanded the edges to help make the edges not as sharp. Just need to be sure to remove all metal shavings when finished.

Reactions: D90 and Ranker

see4

Caliper Novice
Nov 14, 2019
Hi guys, been following this community for the last few months, finally today got my Dan A4 v4.1 case, it is a beauty.
I'm gonna transfer my current build to the case in the coming week, hopefully I can post some pictures later on

Reactions: PHE and fullnet85

Ranmaz

What's an ITX?
Nov 16, 2019
Found about this case through Optimum Tech. So I'm new to the whole sff thing. Can anyone confirm for me if this gpu will work?

Gigabyte Radeon 5700 XT GAMING OC 8GB

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Is there a specific way i should route the riser cable, from the mobo side or from gpu side ?
? Hi! If possible, the riser cable should be routed through the GPU side, making the bendings less tight. Although, some GPUs have a quite thic rearplate that takes too much room and the cable can't be routed because then it pushes the GPU too much. Then you'll have to route it through the Mobo side, wich is more difficult and will require patience making the bendings. I used a pencil as a "template" to slowly bend the cable over it and avoid harming anything. You'll do just fine, I'm sure

Reactions: kowalzk1

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@kowalzk1 For v1, v2, v3, v4.1 route it on the motherboard side for v4 route it on the GPU side.
@Matvey Just removing the top part of the M.2 part would be much easier than modding it ;)