DAN A4-SFX v4.1

keyboard_cat

Caliper Novice
Sep 30, 2019
I'm building my machine now. I just want to say, whoever said the ASETEK 645LT was designed for this case was full of shit. Believe me when I say I'm trying to stay positive.. but..

One of the circulation hose fixtures binds at the graphics card, deflecting it towards the case side panel -- the center (spinning) hub of one of the card's fans is definitely going to be rubbing the panel while it's spinning! I can make it work by removing one of the two snap-in female receptacles that helps to keep the case's side panel in place, the one from the power supply side (leaving one plus the two screws on each side... which should be OK, but kludgey). Guess I'll find somewhere else to drill a hole for a new screw to make up for it (countersunk, even.. this will be fun :/ ) . The cooler still touches, but not so bad. Why couldn't they have just moved it over? I guess that would be a full redesign of the radiator, and who knows what else.

Without doing the above, the cooler also binds at the power button, and I'm pretty sure the screws of the "recommended" Noctua A9-14 slim (installed on the cooler) intrude into the pcie 2-width form factor (lucky the heatsink cowling for the card tapers in as it comes off the card!). Forget about using the stock PSU cables (Corsair SF600), and I'm doubtful that there is more than a millimeter between the Molex connectors and the cooler's fan, so even that seems unlikely. I know you guys with custom cables have done this, but wow. Unless I've missed something, it seems like removing that snap connector is the only way to do this right.

So three hours in, going to try again tomorrow. I just love how the box came with an ad for this cooler too.. No instructions to support it though, from either company, haha! I wills say however that I am impressed by the quality of the case build and the production value of the case instructions.. fwiw

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
I managed to do it earlier this week with the stock SF600 Platinum cables. Not saying it was easy. Took longer than I expected. But I don't have any of the issues you are claiming. Looking forward to the arrival of my shorter unsleeved cables though. ?

keyboard_cat

Caliper Novice
Sep 30, 2019
I managed to do it earlier this week with the stock SF600 Platinum cables. Not saying it was easy. Took longer than I expected. But I don't have any of the issues you are claiming. Looking forward to the arrival of my shorter unsleeved cables though. ?

How long is your video card? Mine's about the maximum. Yeah I guess folks with 2080 ti won't have as much trouble.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@keyboard_cat: I can only agree. It is very very hard to install the 92AIO without custom cables. This is why I don't have a manual or a example configuration for it on my website. Also in the forum or on my website I recommend mostly Noctua L9a/i or a 120mm AIO with ITX GPU inside the A4. Don't get me wrong the 92AIO is a great product, but the installation is not user friendly.

Maybe this will help:

Reactions: Erikdayo and PHE

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
How long is your video card? Mine's about the maximum. Yeah I guess folks with 2080 ti won't have as much trouble.
I have a EVGA 2070 Super Black. According to their specs it is 269.83 mm (10.62 in). My biggest issue was figuring out what to do with the 24 pin cable. I tried to route it behind the mobo and through the cutout between the radiator and mobo but had a lot of issues getting my GPU actually in the slot. It seems possible for me only if you separate every cable on the 24 pin so they're in a straight line with each other and perfectly flat. Making that happen wasn't working out.

Ended up routing the 24 pin forward all on the mobo side instead. My cable management looks like crap honestly. I wouldn't ever consider a window with my current setup. When I get the custom unsleeved cables it'll be back to the drawing board to see what works and what doesn't. I hope to have something that looks less messy.

The one real issue I did have besides the 24 pin was having to remove the A4 side panel clips on both sides of the radiator. This isn't really important since the panels are also held in with screws in the same area but certainly less than ideal

aga98

Caliper Novice
Jun 15, 2019
Hi I am trying to sell my V3 Build with a 9800X, Asetek 645LT AIO, 64GB RAM, and an EVGA 1080 TI SC BLACK EDITION
Looking to get $3500
Everything I have included is close to $4000 retail value
The link for the components and everything included is here - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qFGcq3
Contact me via email at austinalford98@gmail.com and I can send pictures of everything
Thanks

Last edited:

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
Upon everything I've seen and read about the 92mm I think I'll just bite the bullet and stick with air cooling for now.

This just does not look ideal: https://gyazo.com/a3a7aa60b20e84f4427c252b1b79e32d

Really depends on your needs. My temps with the AIO are 25-30C lower under load than with the L9A. GPU might be a few C higher due to have the bottom fans set as intake with the AIO, but it seems very worth it for my needs.

jduritsc

Case Bender
Nov 8, 2019
Just finished my first build.
Specs:
  • Asus Strix Z390-I
  • Intel i7-9700K
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge Heatsink (modified to work with motherboard)
  • 2x Noctua NF-A9x14 Chromax fans (one for heatsink and one for underneath motherboard)
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb, 3200mHz
  • Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti FE
  • Corsair SF750 PSU
  • Samsung 970 Pro 512gb SDD (boot drive)
  • 2x Samsung 860 QVO 4tb SSDs (storage)
  • Sleeved power and Sata cables from Corsair (shortened to fit in case)
I ended up sanding the base of my case to create a well worn look. Then I used parts from the silver and black case to create a two tone style that goes well with the sanded parts of the base. I swapped the case feet and used NFC Mini feet.

mobie1211

Chassis Packer
Mar 29, 2019
After 3hrs. Good enough for first sff builld?

Specs:
- Ryzen 5 3600 - undervolted (forgot how much)
- Aorus B450i pro wifi
- Aorus 2x8gb 3200mhz
- Pulse RX 580 8gb
- SF600
- Intel 600p m.2 512gb

i might change the case fans as you next week
make it exhaust should be better imo

yj668

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2019
Build done up in late may thought I'd like to share this DAN A4 V4 build.

i7-9700K lapped IHS & die
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
KLEVV Bolt X 3200MHz 16GB @ 3900MHz C18 2H Stressapptest
EVGA RTX 2070 Blower
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Crucial P1 1000GB
Corsair SF750W Platinum
Asetek 645LT 92MM CLC
3x Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM

I have requested for a custom BIOS from ASRock back in early may (P4.00 based) with IA (Core) AC/DC control for adaptive mode (offset) based OCs. The checksums are in place obviously as with regular production BIOSes. Gigabyte/Asus has this option already exposed. As the default VIDs when used with positive offsets cause tremendous VID boosting and wild vCore fluctuations beyond what adaptive does.

Setting IA AC/DC value to 1 (by AMI Aptio V BIOS values) is the equivalent of setting 0.01 on asus

Use at your own risk.
Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX_ac(P4.00B).zip

Second A4 SFX build, first for my girlfriend. Moved my ITX custom loop into A4 SFX. Absolutely love this case. ☺
Improved cable routing vs the first rig in regard to AIO airflow.
24 pin motherboard to 30 pin (PSU side) was routed via small gap between MB and PSU from front chamber to back chamber, I've sewn the cables from the PSU side to a flat 1x30 layout to minimise space use between PSU back and GPU backplate, it worked out.

No cable cutting or use of custom cables for the PSU. The slight excess length (maybe 2-3CM per MB cable) were tucked around the 24 pin connector as seen in the picture, you'd have problems closing case windows if the excess cable length were sandwiched between. Due to pinout reasons, each cable will have a variable length sandwiched between the 2 chambers. Even if you could straighten the 30 pin portion from the PSU in a 1x30 layout, tucking excess length between GPU backplate and PSU back is not ideal so leaving excess length near the 24 pin connector was probably one of the better approach.

i7-8700K delid (Was running 1.312V 5.2GHz in custom loop)
Currently on P4.20A custom BIOS I've requested from ASRock TSD with IA AC DC Loadline control
(Adaptive mode, vCore up to 1.264V, Per Core ratio 52,52,51,51,50,50 uncore 45)
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
KLEVV Bolt X 3200MHz 32GB @ 4000MHz C18 2H Stressapptest, these Hynix C dual rank kits were better than the 8GB variant surprisingly requiring only 1.35V in BIOS vs 1.4V on the other kit
NVidia RTX 2060 Super FE
Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Corsair SF750W Platinum
Asetek 645LT 92MM CLC
3x Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM

First rig absorbed very mild warping of the top panel from the mid frame due to space constraints and cable routing. The second rig had zero warping, all panels sit flush.

Many thanks to @dondan everyone that made this case great.

Last edited:

RoxasShadow

Case Bender
Nov 12, 2019
Hello,

I am planning to buy the following build as soon as Caseking will be ready to ship the Dan A4 + Black Ridge bundle. Most of the components will come either by Caseking.de or Scan.co.uk and I have some questions that I would like to ask you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Alpenföhn BLACK RIDGE 47.1 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card
Case: DAN Cases A4-SFXv4 Mini ITX Desktop Case
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A9x14 29.72 CFM 92 mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan

My goal is to build an enough silent and powerful mini-itx gaming computer that a couple of times per year I can put in my personal cabin luggage like I used to do with my RVZ02 (and ideally even more easily being the dimensions smaller) and make it fly with me.

I will put two 120mm noctua fans on the bottom of the case to exhaust and replace the black ridge stock fan with a hopefully more silent 92mm placed to intake. I am aware that a 120mm would be more performant but I am not sure if I want to deal with a VLP ram sticks. Based on this post I don't think it's worth for a couple of degrees less. Actually, going with straight with the full-Noctua solution probably could make sense too as the temperatures look almost the same when mounting the same 92mm fan. I don't plan AIO as it is definitely not ideal for being carried around I believe.

I probably will replace the 970 Evo Plus with a Sabrent Rocket, but I want to read more about it first.

For the GPU, I think the EVGA Black Gaming is the only viable choice as I am not aware of any 2080S mounting a triple fan solution that fits the case. I have seen that 2080ti Gigabyte Windforce 3X is reported to fit the Dan A4 but the 2080S Gigabyte Windforce seems to be a bit bigger that its predecessor.

Said this, based on the build and what I have written above, do you see something wrong, that does not make much sense or it can be improved?

I am here to get feedbacks from you - thank you so much in advance.

Reactions: PHE