DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
Had no idea the new case came with a USB 3.1 header. I won’t be able to use the front USB port unless a new adapter comes out that is vertical or I get an ITX mobo with a 3.1 header. The only adapter I’ve seen can’t be used due to the PSU in the way.

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Had no idea the new case came with a USB 3.1 header. I won’t be able to use the front USB port unless a new adapter comes out that is vertical or I get an ITX mobo with a 3.1 header. The only adapter I’ve seen can’t be used due to the PSU in the way.
The ones I’ve seen plug into the usb 3.0 header and essentially turn the 2 usb 3 into one usb 3.1

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
The ones I’ve seen plug into the usb 3.0 header and essentially turn the 2 usb 3 into one usb 3.1
I'm not sure you're understanding the issue.

Look at the USB 3.0 adapter on my X570 mobo. https://static.gigabyte.com/Product/2/6892/2019062610315505ff4a5d2efcf8b626b8162eb7c933cccb_src.png

Look at the USB 3.1 to 3.0 header adapter. Amazon link

Do you understand why this is an issue now? The PSU is right next to this connector. It's not possible to use this right angle adapter, but I have not found any other variations.

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
I'm not sure you're understanding the issue.

Look at the USB 3.0 adapter on my X570 mobo. https://static.gigabyte.com/Product/2/6892/2019062610315505ff4a5d2efcf8b626b8162eb7c933cccb_src.png

Look at the USB 3.1 to 3.0 header adapter. Amazon link

Do you understand why this is an issue now? The PSU is right next to this connector. It's not possible to use this right angle adapter, but I have not found any other variations.
Which way will the connector on the adapter face once connected? I guess I understood it would face away from the psu. I’m glad you said something, I may be in the same boat. I was gonna use the ASUS X570 strix.

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
The 3.1 header connector on the adapter will be facing the PSU leaving no space to plug it in. The best solution I can think of currently, if it works, is using a 3.1 to 3.0 header adapter + 3.0 to 2.0 header adapter. Not sure if that actually works. I'll let someone else confirm before I waste my money.

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
The 3.1 header connector on the adapter will be facing the PSU leaving no space to plug it in. The best solution I can think of currently, if it works, is using a 3.1 to 3.0 header adapter + 3.0 to 2.0 header adapter. Not sure if that actually works. I'll let someone else confirm before I waste my money.
You right, I did some lookin and the connector faces the wrong way on that adapter and probably others like it. I know I’ve seen usb 3.0 extension cables but I’m sure they’d be too long

paper1x

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2019
congrats guys! @Heckapoo and @fullnet85

Based on the tracking, mine is still stuck at customs for examination. No idea when it will be processed. Customs here in my country is notorious for very slow processing and sometimes even not processing the parcel unless you physically visit their office. And their office is 110KM away from me.... sadlife..

Reactions: Heckapoo

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
congrats guys! @Heckapoo and @fullnet85

Based on the tracking, mine is still stuck at customs for examination. No idea when it will be processed. Customs here in my country is notorious for very slow processing and sometimes even not processing the parcel unless you physically visit their office. And their office is 110KM away from me.... sadlife..
That’s no good. Let’s hope you get it soon.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
@GucksTV: Impossible, the v4.1 will be in Casekings Lian Li November container shipping so it will be in stock early Dec.

Now Caseking has updated the shipping date...
it says 18.12.2019 so a bit later then expected but depending on the arrival of the RYZEN 3950X maybe even perfect in time!? ;)

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
inverted power supply
I fully understand the reason behind inverting the PSU related to cable management, but from experience, that little fellah blows a fairly hot air that, in this layout impacts directly on the radiator so he can't use anything but hot air to cool itself, even hotter that the average warm air inside a such small case. I sincerely suggest you to consider unbraided cables that allows you the needed tight bent to avoid the radiator.

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
I'm very pleasantly surprised with the temps in my A4 so far. I haven't done any intensive gaming + streaming as of yet, but it's done far better than I expected in benchmarks. Only hit 58C CPU and 70C GPU on the Time Spy benchmark. 3700X + 645LT and a EVGA 2070 Super Black.

Much better than my temps in the M1 using the same CPU cooler. That isn't that surprising because the 645LT is meant with the A4 in mind, and I purchased the 2070 Super Black with the A4 in mind as well. Only used them in the M1 because I wanted to test everything out and make sure it worked while I waited for the new case.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It looks like Thermalright is working on a new heatsink in the sub 50mm height class:

fullnet85

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Hey @dondan do you have any recommendations on using the internal usb 3.1 header in the 4.1 with a motherboard they doesn’t have one? Other than jumping to an intel platform that is.

geforce6200

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2019
I wonder if anybody knows more info in terms of how to make window kit for Dan A4. I saw the guide on Dan's website, but I am still not sure how to modify the non-glass part of side panels.