DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Tsuchinoko

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2018
Hello. I have an A4-SFX with a configuration of 9900K / 2080Ti FE / Asetek 645LT.
In this case, is the blower type 2080Ti more advantageous in terms of temperature?
I use the Window Kit acrylic side panel.

Insanity

Chassis Packer
Oct 7, 2019
www.twitch.tv
Hey guys, got some questions about the Dan Case and one off-topic question.
Will those feet fit the Dan Case A4 4 / 4.1? And if so, will it make a difference when the bottom 2 92mm noctua's are used as an exhaust?
Since im ordering my Dan Case A4 4.1 from Caseking, I can get a Alpenföhn BlackRidge for just 10€ more, I did read the fan isnt exactly silent so if I go for it I will swap it out for an Noctua 92mm aswell, is it true that I also should swap it from exhaust to intake? And the last question is regarding my mainboard of choice, its the "Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi" it comes with an ugly WiFi dongle, can I replace that with any RP-SMA antenna?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey @dondan could I ask if the new 3M PCIe 4.0 will be black? Or at least short like the ADT one?

EDIT: Just passed the night going back in the thread, and found the answer. Sorry! :D

Thank you!

Last edited:

paper1x

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2019
Hi, I noticed that the product page for the preorder on SFFLab has changed its shipping information. From 'Preorders placed by October 13th are shipped by October 18th' to 'Preorders placed by October 27th are shipped by November 8th'.

Will this affect my preorder placed last September 17th? On the email it says, 'Expected to ship by October 18th'.

Can you confirm @dondan ?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Hi, I noticed that the product page for the preorder on SFFLab has changed its shipping information. From 'Preorders placed by October 13th are shipped by October 18th' to 'Preorders placed by October 27th are shipped by November 8th'.

Will this affect my preorder placed last September 17th? On the email it says, 'Expected to ship by October 18th'.

Dondan is not sfflab. You should check with sfflab.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Hey guys, got some questions about the Dan Case and one off-topic question.
Will those feet fit the Dan Case A4 4 / 4.1? And if so, will it make a difference when the bottom 2 92mm noctua's are used as an exhaust?
Since im ordering my Dan Case A4 4.1 from Caseking, I can get a Alpenföhn BlackRidge for just 10€ more, I did read the fan isnt exactly silent so if I go for it I will swap it out for an Noctua 92mm aswell, is it true that I also should swap it from exhaust to intake? And the last question is regarding my mainboard of choice, its the "Gigabyte B450 I Aorus Pro WiFi" it comes with an ugly WiFi dongle, can I replace that with any RP-SMA antenna?
- Those feet are identical to the ones I have and some other users posted it from different stores. 20mm x 8mm, with m3 hole. The rear feet are a stright replace: unscrew the old ones and screw the new ones. The front ones, on the other hand, require either a new hole on the case (~3mm to the rear from the original) or to broaden slightly the original one in order to move the feet slightly to the rear of the case (~6mm ish). If not the top-front cover will end under the feet, making it quite impossible to unscrew it and remove that cover. Answering your second question: presumably the easier the path for the exhausting air to escape the case, the better, so it must be. There is no comparison chart or review I could find back in time when I was considering it.

- I'm not aware of the amount of noise an original noctua 92mm do, but at full speed the original BlackRidge fan IS audible, it moves quite a lot of air though with good pressure... Either way you MUST mount the fan as an intake to follow the A4 airflow design (cool from sides, hot on top and bottom)

- As far I know, you can use any type of RP-SMA antenna. I have the Gigabyte z390 and the dongle serves very well it's function, never lost signal and the bandwitch is excellent, although the router is placed like 20m far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Insanity

paper1x

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2019
- Those feet are identical to the ones I have and some other users posted it from different stores. 20mm x 8mm, with m3 hole. The rear feet are a stright replace: unscrew the old ones and screw the new ones. The front ones, on the other hand, require either a new hole on the case (~3mm to the rear from the original) or to broaden slightly the original one in order to move the feet slightly to the center of the case (~6mm ish). If not the top-front cover will end under the feet, making it quite impossible to unscrew it and remove that cover. Answering your second question: presumably the easier the path for the exhausting air to escape the case, the better, so it must be. There is no comparison chart or review I could find back in time when I was considering it.

How did you go about screwing the front ones?

EDIT:
Can't you screw in the top-front panel first then screw the feet with the side panel removed (with longer screws and washers between case and feet if neccessary) then screw in the side panel? Like this?

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
How did you go about screwing the front ones?

EDIT:
Can't you screw in the top-front panel first then screw the feet with the side panel removed (with longer screws and washers between case and feet if neccessary) then screw in the side panel? Like this?
Absolutely, washer was my first approach but the front panel screw was too close to the feet himself and I was worried of scratch the black anodized so I just put Dremel in action to slightly move the holes towards the HDD ruber pads. Now all sits nice and can be mounted and unmounted without interfering each other.

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Has anyone found a replacement riser cable that supports pcie 4.0? (edit - I should add "and has actually bought it and installed it themselves". I'm aware of the ADT one on taobao, but I'm somewhat sketched out by listings that I'm only able to read through Chrome's translation - however, if someone has actually gone through the process of ordering one and installing it, I want to know!)

I don't care too much about the color. I'm concerned about getting the proper length - not finding many 30cm models.

Last edited:

paper1x

Chassis Packer
Sep 17, 2019

Got an email regarding this. Apparently all of preorders will follow the new dates.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Got an email regarding this. Apparently all of preorders will follow the new dates.
Yes, I've received it as well.
BTW, Someone knows if "it's normal" that with a 9900K, locked to intel specs so 95/119w, the Asetek 645lt gave me the same temp than a Cryorig C7G, with the same fan on top?

I wanted to use the 645LT to have less noise, but actually right now is the same, and the same temp!

Thanks!

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
That sounds unlikely, but I have no personal experience with the C7G. I get about 20C lower average in my Ncase M1 wih the 645LT vs L9A. Difference would be even higher if I increased the fan and pump speeds. Granted maybe the air cooling temps are likely higher than they would be in the A4 because the L9A is far from ideal in the M1. I just tried them both since I am waiting for my new A4.

And yes. I too received the email. Not a big deal to me though though it would have been nice to get the case sooner.

Reactions: fabio

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Yes, I've received it as well.
BTW, Someone knows if "it's normal" that with a 9900K, locked to intel specs so 95/119w, the Asetek 645lt gave me the same temp than a Cryorig C7G, with the same fan on top?

I wanted to use the 645LT to have less noise, but actually right now is the same, and the same temp!

Thanks!
A properly purged watercool loop should make near zero noise, besides a soft "hummmmmm" from the pump. Check that the system is full of coolant.
If that is not the case, maybe you kept the same fan profile from when you had air cooling but it is too aggresive for the pump and is running too low on rpm?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
A properly purged watercool loop should make near zero noise, besides a soft "hummmmmm" from the pump. Check that the system is full of coolant.
If that is not the case, maybe you kept the same fan profile from when you had air cooling but it is too aggresive for the pump and is running too low on rpm?
I think the. "noise" was because I was using the fan coming with the L9i. Using the "normal" A9x14 is way better. The 645LT without Undervolt can dissipate around 120/125W continuously inside the DAN during AVX load, and staying under 90 degrees.

I have one important question @dondan : Are planning to sell the previous USB 3.2 gen1 apart or under request???
The X570 itx has not at all the new Type-A header. Thanks a lot for the answer!

S2000Gan

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2019
Hello Everyone!
I recently ordered an A4-SFX V4.1 and am excited for it to arrive.
I've been reading through this thread and wanted to say hi.

I currently have an Asrock Z87E-ITX with an i5-4670K that I recently picked up for $60 and $40 respectively.
I threw in some spare ram and a GPU I had laying around. (2x8GB of Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz) and a GTX 780
I also bought a 1TB mSata Samsung 850 Evo for $120 on ebay, as well as a Corsair 450SF platinum and Noctua L9i on Newegg

I currently have it all in a Rosewill Ranger-M case that I got on sale for like $20 a long time ago and while its a pretty crappy case I have been impressed with how light it is and relatively small for MATX it is.

I recently switched my main rig to a Fractal Design Define R6 with tempered glass and did a custom water cooling loop and don't really feel like bringing it to every LAN party i attend. Especially when I also have to manage transporting my girlfriend's PC which is in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic. Hence the desire to do a Mini-System.

Unfortunately I wont be able to use the front USB-C port unless I get the 3.0 header to 3.2 header adapter board and 3.0 header extension cable which I dont think I'll bother with at least for now. I dont even know what I would plug into it anyway. But ideally I'll upgrade to a newer platform at some point and will be able to use that front UCB-C port for something.