DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I have a V2. I saw the 120mm AIO bracket is available separately. I know the V2 doesn’t have the connection points for it, but has anyone tried to retrofit it? Is it a matter of tapping some holes or is it more significant than that?

I’m thinking about stepping up to the 3900x and need a major cooling improvement to get there.

Dan's response from upthread:
Hey, @dondan, what sort of modding would be required to back-fit the AIO bracket onto a v2 case... just drilling some holes, or more involved surgery?

You need to drill four holes and you need to counter sink them.

leMadZSE

Cable Smoosher
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah I just read that, unfortunally after odering the new Version of the Case. I currently have no Idea how to get the Front IO working without any support for this header.

Last edited:

FaKe_VirTual

Cable Smoosher
Sep 1, 2019
Unfortunatly this Adapter works in the exact opposite direction as needed. This one turns the old USB 3.0 into the 3.1 Header which goes into the Mainboard. So I`m still left open with the unabitlity to plug the IO into the Mainboard. But thanks for the Respond!

leMadZSE

Cable Smoosher
Aug 4, 2019
Unfortunatly this Adapter works in the exact opposite direction as needed. This one turns the old USB 3.0 into the 3.1 Header which goes into the Mainboard. So I`m still left open with the unabitlity to plug the IO into the Mainboard. But thanks for the Respond!
Of course, you're right. I got the wrong one. I meant something like this:

FaKe_VirTual

Cable Smoosher
Sep 1, 2019
Of course, you're right. I got the wrong one. I meant something like this:
This one should work pretty well. Thank you!

croat1986

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 5, 2019
@ Vilmir you can 't go wrong with EVGA , even RTX 2080Ti can fit easily.

Just watch out that the card is 2 slot ( 2.5 and 3 slot cards don't fit in the case)

... it also has aditional sensors

Last edited:

croat1986

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 5, 2019
Guys is this the same adapter that you mentioned post abbove ?

... but in half the price 20 $

+

Nobody noticed that, that even if you connect adapter to MBO you dont have any clearance from PSU to connect front USB case cable.

Blue extension cable needs to go first , then ADAPTER , then lasty Front USB cable.

20 pin (on) MBO USB connector >> Extension Cable >> ADAPTER >> Front USB case cable

Last edited:

FaKe_VirTual

Cable Smoosher
Sep 1, 2019
@croat1986 Yes youre right. Although this isnt a pretty solution, it will only work this way.

Beside that, does anyone know if a AM4 Socket Motherboard with USB 3.2 Gen2 Header will come out in the near future?

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Hello!
Is there a list somewhere of RTX 2080 Super that fits reasonably well in the Dan?

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Thanks but this post only mentions the 10X0 and 20X0 generations. Apparently the limit for the width is about 4.6 cm. Almost no 2080 super respects this limit in the cards available in my country.

snailonni

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2019
Hi guys, I purchased the case a few minutes ago and can't stop to wonder what should I do with the front 3.2 type C port? Or is there any gadget using I can I put on it without disrupting the clean aesthetic? How did you guys plan to use it?

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys, I purchased the case a few minutes ago and can't stop to wonder what should I do with the front 3.2 type C port? Or is there any gadget using I can I put on it without disrupting the clean aesthetic? How did you guys plan to use it?
I use it to plug an android device for app debugging. You can also put a hub with different ports that can be easier to access than the rear ports.

Reactions: snailonni

FaKe_VirTual

Cable Smoosher
Sep 1, 2019
After a lot of researching I coulndt find any other way to solve the Problem with the lacking USB 3.2 Gen 2 on AM4 boards.
So does anybody know if you can buy the Front Panel Cable with USB 3.2 gen 1 from the A4 SFX V4 seperatly?
This could be a cleaner solution in my Case, because I dont wanna cramp all these adapters in the already pretty thight chassis.