DAN A4-SFX v4.1

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I've been tinkering with my Dan A4 to lower the temperature of the top panel after gaming for a while. Build is a 3600 cooled with a L9a and the 3d print fan shroud, two exhaust fans at the bottom of the case, and an EVGA GTX 1070 Gaming SC.

To improve the case temperatures I did the tape mod on the side panels and installed 3 40x20x20mm fans as exhaust on the top of the case. I also taped the top of the 1070 so air flows down into the bottom exhaust fans. This all helped with temperatures a lot (gpu never goes over 69 degrees). However, long term gaming in FFXIV at max settings causes a gradual heating of the top panel. It's not as hot as before, but still hotter than I prefer.

I think the issue is heat from the L9a horizontal fin orientation gets trapped in the case and over time heats the top. My question is: will installing a 645LT with bottom fans as intake (and taping the bottom of the 1070 instead of the top) prevent excess heat from the cpu from heating the top panel as much? Or, since all the hot air is going up, will the top heat up the same or worse? I would do all this to test since I already have a 645LT, but that's a lot of work if anyone else knows the answer already.

Could you please provide Pictures ?

I have my 645 and over it I have mounted with screws a Noctua slim 92mm on the side panel blowing air inside and on the Heatsinks.

I also have both fans on bottom as Exhaust.
I don't get Heat on top
I also have for the moment two external 80mm fans inserting air to the Radiator side and I have very improved temperatures as I have continuous fresh airflow.

One thing I must do is find a way to build the custom PSU Mount from losercard to bring 5mm more clearance and place the fan Insise ?

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Could you please provide Pictures ?

I have my 645 and over it I have mounted with screws a Noctua slim 92mm on the side panel blowing air inside and on the Heatsinks.

I also have both fans on bottom as Exhaust.
I don't get Heat on top
I also have for the moment two external 80mm fans inserting air to the Radiator side and I have very improved temperatures as I have continuous fresh airflow.

One thing I must do is find a way to build the custom PSU Mount from losercard to bring 5mm more clearance and place the fan Insise

I have actually solved my problem by turning the case upside down and using some furniture rubber pads to elevate it a bit. Now the exhaust from the fans gets shot out from the top instead of rising up from the bottom. As a result the temperature on the surface of the case now feels warm instead of hot. PLUS, my cpu temps dropped 3 degrees and gpu temps dropped 5 degrees C.

yj668

Chassis Packer
Aug 13, 2019
How are you mounting that AF9x14 over the motherboard?

I've had 4 vibration compensators installed, 2 tugged between the heat spreader of Klevv Bolt X LP RAMs. The pan head end of the dampener sits against the side panel of the case and when the motherboard sits vertically the A9x14 leans against the side panel naturally, no screws or adhesives were used. No rattling noise with the dampeners.

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Thanks!

I dont hear the pc at all tbh. I am wearing open headset and have the pc on the desk.

I have a similar setup to you and I'm thinking of adding a case fan under the mobo as my case is getting pretty hot.

I've read that a few people have been noticing noise when the fan is installed. All okay with your setup? I'm fairly fussy when it comes to noise coming from a PC.

Daenny

Cable Smoosher
Jul 20, 2019
I have a similar setup to you and I'm thinking of adding a case fan under the mobo as my case is getting pretty hot.

I've read that a few people have been noticing noise when the fan is installed. All okay with your setup? I'm fairly fussy when it comes to noise coming from a PC.

Cant hear it. I have both fans as intake. It might depend on what motherboard ur using since my fan is almost touching the corners of the mobo. Only thing that makes noise from my pc is the gpu that I can barely hear is the gpu, and thats only on heavy load.(with out headset on)

Reactions: BennyBait

davidshon5

What's an ITX?
Aug 28, 2019
Hey guys, the Dan sfx cases are going to be on sale tomorrow on sfflab. Does anyone know how fast it runs out? There's a dan case on ebay that's on sale right now for about 230, and I'm wondering what I should buy between those two. Does it sell out rly fast?

Khanza

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2019
Hi everyone,
I found low price blackridge HSF sell in taobao with no packaging box.
Is that the real blackridge or just its clone?
Thanks btw

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Hi everyone,
I found low price blackridge HSF sell in taobao with no packaging box.
Is that the real blackridge or just its clone?
Thanks btw
If you could paste the offer link or at least a couple photos to see some details maybe we can help you

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Looks really slick. Congrats. Was surprised to see a 3 fan GPU in there.
Looks pretty small for a 3 fan GPU. :p

(old picture)

Khanza

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2019
If you could paste the offer link or at least a couple photos to see some details maybe we can help you

Last edited: