DAN A4-SFX v4.1

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I’m running the latest bios version.
Actually, the only complaint is that my ram is slightly under speed but honestly it doesn’t affect my performance at all, at least for me. At least for me anyways. I run every game pretty much at ultra settings and don’t have a problem. It’s a known issue with Corsair and AMD. I believe my ram is running at 2133MHZ but I’ll have to doublecheck to be sure. Other than the ram, everything is honestly flawless. My temps are 45-60 at idle. Nothing over 80 while gaming.

for rams just go onto bios and after enabling DOCP go ahead and change the FCLK Value from auto to half of your rams speed ,
for Example i got 3200mhz rams so i set them at 1600.
you will boot and it will run at the advertised speed.?
Version 2606 Bios.

im on 3700x and im trying to find ways to reduce temps in the dan a4
i Idle at 40 after a cold boot but after working on the computer i can go to 50.....with an asetek 645.

i just added on the outer side an extra 80mm fan to push air within the case at the radiator Area while i have the radiator fan on exhaust.... so far 5C down as i can see

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
Does anyone know if single SATA power cable exists for the Corsair SF series? The one that comes with the power supply has 4 connectors on it. I would like to simplify cables a bit.

Xan-Z

Case Bender
Aug 18, 2019
Hey y’all, what’s the difference between the riser cable in the v1 and the 4.1? The M3 riser in the v.1 was claimed to be able to support 4.0.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Does anyone know if single SATA power cable exists for the Corsair SF series? The one that comes with the power supply has 4 connectors on it. I would like to simplify cables a bit.

I bought a 20cm one on AliExpress... Works fine.

Hey y’all, what’s the difference between the riser cable in the v1 and the 4.1? The M3 riser in the v.1 was claimed to be able to support 4.0.

Same cable.

Reactions: Hissitx and advblue

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Thermal paste changed with the Noctua NT-H2 : no change at all with my temp.

idle around 40°C from a cold boot and stabilize at 50°C after some time. It goes up to 65°C with standard computing.

Prime95 small fft test jump my temp to the thermal limit after more or less 1min.

When I run the fan of my 5700XT more harder, I noticed a better temp on my CPU side!

Edit : Either I again didn't tighten enough or I have a defective heatsink...

Last edited:

Daenny

Cable Smoosher
Jul 20, 2019
Hey!
Whats the best setup of direction for the noctua fans in the Dan case?
I am using open style gpu(3fan), asetek 645 and 1 fan under the motherboard.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Yes, I am able to close it without any bulging
Just to confirm, it's the Gaming OC card and not the Windforce OC, right? The former is >50mm thick and I'm not sure how you could fit those. Also, any turbulence noise, since I'd imagine it will be very close to the side panel?

PseudoPsyche

Cable Smoosher
Jul 10, 2019
Has anyone had an issue with excessive noise from the fan mounted to the bottom of the case below the motherboard?

I’ve finally started getting my build up and running, and have noticed this fan (a Noctua) is very high pitched and much louder at idle (~1200 RPM) than even my GPU fan under moderate load. My other Noctua mounted to the 645LT doesn’t have this issue at the same speed (or even full load for that matter). I have both of these fans connected via a splitter and extension cable, but I don’t see a change when removing the splitter.

Is this just related to the fan being mounted against the case like this, or did I get unlucky with a bad fan?

Last edited:

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Has anyone had an issue with excessive noise from the fan mounted to the bottom of the case below the motherboard?

I’ve finally started getting my build up and running, and have noticed this fan (a Noctua) is very high pitched and much louder at idle (~1200 RPM) than even my GPU fan under moderate load. My other Noctua mounted to the 645LT doesn’t have this issue at the same speed (or even full load for that matter). I have both of these fans connected via a splitter and extension cable, but I don’t see a change when removing the splitter.

Is this just related to the fan being mounted against the case like this, or did I get unlucky with a bad fan?

The fan beeing immediatly mounted against the chassis is the most likely to be the cause. Though, the v4 has different perforation compared to previous models I think.

Mine is also running together with the AIO fan, though, I use a LNA on the case fan because of the annoying sound created by the bottom fan.
The fan beeing mounted immediatly against the chassis creates turbulence where as the fan on the AIO has some space between the fan and the radiator reducing this noise.

Reactions: 7empest

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Heya , meet Franky ! ( trying to figure how cool as much as possible a 3700x )
its mainly for fun , i will remove the side ones i guess although they proved to be usefull.

Specs :
Mobo : Strix x470 i gaming ( soon with an Aorus x570 )
CPU : Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU : EVGA 2080ti XC Gaming
Ram: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB
Storage : 250gb Samsung 960evo
PSU : Corsair SF750 Platinum
Cooling : Asetek AIO 645LT
Custom Sleeved Cables

Reactions: akz

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019

I think it applies to everyone. I've tried different fans under the motherboard as exhaust; stock Black Ridge fan (15mm, absolute maximum it can fit), Noctua A9x14 (Retail 2200RPM), and Noctua A9x14 (L9 Box Cooler, 2500 RPM).

All of them have this strong motor sound, probably from turbulence and close proximity of components, at least compared to the one under the PSU.

kkeevviinn

Efficiency Noob
Aug 11, 2019
Just to confirm, it's the Gaming OC card and not the Windforce OC, right? The former is >50mm thick and I'm not sure how you could fit those. Also, any turbulence noise, since I'd imagine it will be very close to the side panel?
this is actually the model number GV-N208TWF3-11GC, not the OC version. fan noise is not that noticable if youre browsing\youtubing but when youre game.. its loud and runs hot at around 84-86c underload.

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Heya , meet Franky ! ( trying to figure how cool as much as possible a 3700x )
its mainly for fun , i will remove the side ones i guess although they proved to be usefull.

Specs :
Mobo : Strix x470 i gaming ( soon with an Aorus x570 )
CPU : Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU : EVGA 2080ti XC Gaming
Ram: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB
Storage : 250gb Samsung 960evo
PSU : Corsair SF750 Platinum
Cooling : Asetek AIO 645LT
Custom Sleeved Cables

I'd set my bottom fans as intake, and mount them inside the case. ;)

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Update: I finally solved it. Following the advice of someone that posted in a Ghost S1 thread to turn the case upside down, my Dan case never gets hot. Now the exhaust from the fans gets shot out from the top instead of rising up from the bottom. The temperature on the surface of the case now feels warm instead of hot. PLUS, my cpu temps while gaming dropped 3 degrees (59 to 56) and gpu temps dropped 5 degrees C (69 to 64). Idle temps reported in Ryzen Master went from 43~45 to 42 ish. I'm very happy with air cooling a 3600 in Dan Case v4.

----------------------------------------------------

I've been tinkering with my Dan A4 to lower the temperature of the top panel after gaming for a while. Build is a 3600 cooled with a L9a and the 3d print fan shroud, two exhaust fans at the bottom of the case, and an EVGA GTX 1070 Gaming SC.

To improve the case temperatures I did the tape mod on the side panels and installed 3 40x20x20mm fans as exhaust on the top of the case. I also taped the top of the 1070 so air flows down into the bottom exhaust fans. This all helped with temperatures a lot (gpu never goes over 69 degrees). However, long term gaming in FFXIV at max settings causes a gradual heating of the top panel. It's not as hot as before, but still hotter than I prefer.

I think the issue is heat from the L9a horizontal fin orientation gets trapped in the case and over time heats the top. My question is: will installing a 645LT with bottom fans as intake (and taping the bottom of the 1070 instead of the top) prevent excess heat from the cpu from heating the top panel as much? Or, since all the hot air is going up, will the top heat up the same or worse? I would do all this to test since I already have a 645LT, but that's a lot of work if anyone else knows the answer already.

Last edited:

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
this is actually the model number GV-N208TWF3-11GC, not the OC version. fan noise is not that noticable if youre browsing\youtubing but when youre game.. its loud and runs hot at around 84-86c underload.
That is the normal Windforce card (you can see 'WF3' in the model number), not the Gaming card (GV-N208TGAMING OC-11GC). Windforce coolers are 2 slots while the Gaming cooler is 2.5 slots, which is why some of us were baffled that you said you could fit the Gaming card in the Dan A4. The latter seems to be decently cool and quiet according to some reviews, besting the flagship Aorus Extreme in those regards.

Alas there goes my hopes and dreams.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I'd set my bottom fans as intake, and mount them inside the case.

as i noticed they dont matter that much , maybe its even better as exhaust as they are exhaust the GPU air as well and not lettting it stay trapped inside the bottom.
As for the external bottom fan , well i had to do something so i can fit the radiator with my cabling and have space for the radiator to breathe.