DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Daenny

Cable Smoosher
Jul 20, 2019
Hey I have 2 questions If anyone could help me out, thanks!

1. Will the Gigabyte rtx 2060 super gaming OC triple fan fit in the Dan a4 v4 with asetek 645lt? I heard with the triple fan strix gpu it can hit the tubes or the radiator.
2. Ist better to route the PCie riser in the Dan A4 behind the motherboard or keep it as default going behind the gpu?

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019

1. Will the Gigabyte rtx 2060 super gaming OC triple fan fit in the Dan a4 v4 with asetek 645lt? I heard with the triple fan strix gpu it can hit the tubes or the radiator.
2. Ist better to route the PCie riser in the Dan A4 behind the motherboard or keep it as default going behind the gpu?

1. Think it'll be too long. The card is 280mm and the length you need is 275mm. However, looking at images of the card, the PCB is slightly shorter than the card so who knows.

2. I believe Dan said a few pages back that its best to leave it behind the GPU in default position on the v4.

Daenny

Cable Smoosher
Jul 20, 2019
1. Think it'll be too long. The card is 280mm and the length you need is 275mm. However, looking at images of the card, the PCB is slightly shorter than the card so who knows.

2. I believe Dan said a few pages back that its best to leave it behind the GPU in default position on the v4.

Thanks for your reply

Yeah i recently saw this video seems like he is using one of the gigabyte gpus and it fit fine for him, however im not sure if its same dimensions.
The dimensions of the car im thinking of getting is:
  1. width 4.024 cm
  2. Length 28.035 cm
  3. Height 11.645 cm

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Thanks for your reply

Yeah i recently saw this video seems like he is using one of the gigabyte gpus and it fit fine for him, however im not sure if its same dimensions.
The dimensions of the car im thinking of getting is:
  1. width 4.024 cm
  2. Length 28.035 cm
  3. Height 11.645 cm

Yeah looks the same so sounds like it would work

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Build done up in late may thought I'd like to share this DAN A4 V4 build.

i7-9700K lapped IHS & die
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac
KLEVV Bolt X 3200MHz 16GB @ 3900MHz C18 2H Stressapptest
EVGA RTX 2070 Blower
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Crucial P1 1000GB
Corsair SF750W Platinum
Asetek 645LT 92MM CLC
3x Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM

I have requested for a custom BIOS from ASRock back in early may (P4.00 based) with IA (Core) AC/DC control for adaptive mode (offset) based OCs. The checksums are in place obviously as with regular production BIOSes. Gigabyte/Asus has this option already exposed. As the default VIDs when used with positive offsets cause tremendous VID boosting and wild vCore fluctuations beyond what adaptive does.

Setting IA AC/DC value to 1 (by AMI Aptio V BIOS values) is the equivalent of setting 0.01 on asus

Use at your own risk.
Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX_ac(P4.00B).zip

How are you mounting that AF9x14 over the motherboard?

Reactions: Vilmir

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018

Less cards are compatible with the 645LT than they are with the 545. After switching from the 545 to the 645, an issue i had with the 645LT is that the right angle fittings/tubing interfered with my PNY 2080 RTX Ti XLR8's backplate. While it was perfectly compatible and fit inside my Dan V2 and V4 with the 545, I couldn't get it to fit with the 645. Fortunately, I had a few other 2080 Ti's in my other builds and swapped in an eVGA XC.

TL:DR while RTX cards may technically fit in the Dan, the right angled fittings of the 645 may interfere and not allow for its installation where a 545 would

Reactions: Vilmir and Daenny

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
I just had a nightmare-ish experience while setting up my Dan A4, though it is at 0% due to the case itself but to the AMD platform I chose.

I bought initially a 3700x with an Aorus x570 ITX. Everything worked straight out of the box and I got the pc working in a few hours. The next day, I bring my shoebox to work in order to do some compilation test in a pc bag.
I come back home, and the wifi adapter on the motherboard could not be detected anymore by Windows. Wifi is a must have for me, I cannot have RJ45 cables at my desk due to our flat disposition. Usb adapters are a total nogo for me, I had terrible experiences with them. That's why I paid the premium price of the x570: Wifi 6 onboard.
I spent 3 days trying everything I could to make the adapter work again: CMOS reset, Windows reinstallation, even installing Ubuntu and trying out a Fedora boot drive. Nothing was detecting the adapter.
I gave up and opened a ticket at Gigabyte, they basically told me to RMA the card. My shop tells me that it shall come back by the end of Summer. Of course, this delay is just unrealistic for me, I need this pc. I sent the mb but I needed something now.

I go to another shop yesterday evening to get a cheap Asrock b450 and an old gen CPU to do the bios upgrade. I read carefully Asrock instructions and start to upgrade the bios from p1.3 to p1.7 first, before I can upgrade to p3.3 for my 3700x.
The upgrade to p1.7 is a peace of cake. But then, the bios refused to detect the p3.3 bin file on the same stick! I tried another stick, reformatting the stick, and I even tried their Internet bios upgrade using the ethernet port with DHCP. No new bios was detected...
I then tried something their website mentions as impossible: downgrade to p1.3. It worked fine and once on p1.3, the bios p3.3 was detected correctly, great right?
So I upgraded from p1.3 to p3.3. I put my son to sleep during the upgrade and come back. Impossible to boot the board to the bios anymore...
The board boots up with CPU fan starting and then after 30 seconds reboots without any signal on USB or on screen. I tried then everything I could, stuck in infinite loop. I go to bed, disgusted by my experience and another wasted evening on the pc.
I wake up this morning and start from scratch: I redo all the wiring, remove the RAM sticks and use only one etc.
Nothing works of course. So I decide to try out the 3700x on the b450, normally the bios is now compatible with it.
I remove it from the box and... my wife yells something at me from the bedroom. I thought she was sleeping and I dropped the brand-new 3700x on the floor.
As AMD is still using CPU pins, my first worry was for some bent pins. And of course there are 3 of them. It's so small that I need to use my full frame camera with a macro lens to see them. The pins are so small that we could not find something that would stick between them to unbend them.

My wife had the idea to ask our jewellery store if they can fix the pins. No idea if that has a chance to work. I spent a lot of money on AMD gears and I end up with nothing that can work. I have 2 motherboards to RMA...

I know it's maybe stupid, but AMD is now on my blacklist. I don't like what Intel did to the market in the last decade, but I never had any issue setting up an Intel rig, and they don't use CPU pins anymore.
While reading the web about Ryzen 3000 and motherboards, I realized many users have lots of problems with immature bios.

Now, what can I do to still enjoy my Dan A4? I need a fast CPU for work and gaming, but I refuse to continue with AMD. What is the fastest Intel CPU I can put in that I can cool down? Even if it means using an Asetek 645LT...

A delidded 8086k with Asetek 645 and if you are using normal GPU and not blower style swap your bottom fans to exhaust and add a Noctua A9x14 on the side to Fill up your Motherboard area with Fresh air.

Bottom fans will Exhaust hotness and side Fan on the motherboard side and fans of the GPU will be the Inlet.

Reactions: Vilmir

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Can anyone with an Asetek 645LT comment on if it’s possible to route the tubing around non low profile memory, such as the GSkill Trident Z Neo?

Little late but I got Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB with Asetek 645LT it works fine below the dimms , you just have to install all your PSU Cables on the CPU side and not near the Radiator Hoses.

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
Anyone have crucial ballistix elite memory and the Asetek 645LT? Seems like it would just fit if I route the tubing over the memory, but only just. (Trying to avoid side panel bulge)

blkonblk17

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2019
Here's my recent build.

Dan Case

MOBO: Asus Strix X470-i
CPU: Ryzen 3900x
Cooler: Asetek 645LT w/ Noctua Fan
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB 3000Mhz
PSU: Corsair SF600
GPU: Nvidia 2070 Super
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512 GB
Case: Dan V4 A4 w/ Window Kit
Cables: PSlate Custom

blkonblk17

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2019
Hey , what is your bios version?
Is your ram running normally at DOCP?
Have to checked it does ?
What are your temps ?
I have the x470 I with 3700x and it's a living hell

I’m running the latest bios version.
Actually, the only complaint is that my ram is slightly under speed but honestly it doesn’t affect my performance at all, at least for me. At least for me anyways. I run every game pretty much at ultra settings and don’t have a problem. It’s a known issue with Corsair and AMD. I believe my ram is running at 2133MHZ but I’ll have to doublecheck to be sure. Other than the ram, everything is honestly flawless. My temps are 45-60 at idle. Nothing over 80 while gaming.

blkonblk17

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2019
You should route the hoses under the ram, man.

Edit, link to picture:

I suppose to each their own. I rather have a straight shot across opposed to work against gravity. Even though it’s a pump and all but I guess it’s personal preference. Nice setup btw.