DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
As far as I know it's a relay click.
When powering on the PSU, the relay makes contact and when you power off it breaks contact.

Most high quality PSU's do it so it's a good sign ;)

Reactions: bobokun

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Hellow

1) First screenshot: Current Temp with 51°C all cores @ ~3500 is completely ok. As you can see you have also clocks in the 4,3Ghz region that create these 71°C spikes. This is also very normal for Ryzen. I have similiar results. Do you use power plan AMD Balanced or AMD High Performance? With Balanced the idle temps are lower because the CPU can clock lower.

2) In your Prime Screenshot check Custom and write 8 for Min FFT size and 8 for Max FFT. Check Run FFTs in place. Click Run

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
What I´m doing with my 3700x is to manually overclock it. After much testing I´ve found it stable at 1.25 v and 4150 mhz which is in practice much fresher than letting the CPU do its thing ... because it goes all the way from 1.48v with light loads to 1.38v under full load.

It´s true that you can see spikes of 4350 mhz or so under light loads that should make it a bit faster, but I´ve monitoring it while working and, in my case at least, it sit most of the time at 1.48v and one or two cores at 4.300 mhz which I think it´s too much vcore for being there 90% of the time... and of course 55º at idle... I don´t like that.

norbip

Case Bender
Aug 9, 2019
Are v4/v4.1 (silver) cases available somewhere or will expected to be available? CaseKing would be the most convenient for me, but it shows unknown status for all available types (v4.1 for silver, v4 for black).

leMadZSE

Cable Smoosher
Aug 4, 2019
Are v4/v4.1 (silver) cases available somewhere or will expected to be available? CaseKing would be the most convenient for me, but it shows unknown status for all available types (v4.1 for silver, v4 for black).

Dan-cases.com says "available in November" on the homepage and "The A4-SFXv4.1 will be available on Caseking, OverclockersUK, SFFLab and Dirac - Japan in November/December 2019." if you click on "buy".

Reactions: norbip

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
I'm using AMD balanced power plan and I've set my PowerPackageTracking to 80.
95°C in less than 1 minute… I obviously stopped the test

PalaSicka

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019
Does anyone here know if SFFLab ships to FPO addresses? I just found out that Overclockers UK does not so the Dan A4 and Asetek 92mm AIO I ordered just got refunded so now I am out a cooler and a case for some time. I already ordered my other parts so a Dan A4 is pretty much the only case I want.
Have you tried Caseking.de? I made the mistake I ordered from Overclockers, payed superexpensive shipping and then it came from Caseking where if I was ordering it from directly, I would pay 1/3 of the price :DDD

EDIT: so caseking has nothing on stock, srry

norbip

Case Bender
Aug 9, 2019
Have you tried Caseking.de? I made the mistake I ordered from Overclockers, payed superexpensive shipping and then it came from Caseking where if I was ordering it from directly, I would pay 1/3 of the price :DDD

Yep, that's the case. Although I just sent them a quick question if there is any chance that they have V4 around in silver. I would not wait till Oct/Nov; worst case I'll go with V3 which is in stock in some stores in my country.

Rice_chaser

Efficiency Noob
Aug 9, 2018
Yep, that's the case. Although I just sent them a quick question if there is any chance that they have V4 around in silver. I would not wait till Oct/Nov; worst case I'll go with V3 which is in stock in some stores in my country.
Same. I cannot wait until Oct. I am willing to take any version of the Dan case right now. I hope there will be another round of V4 supply before V4.1.
If you do not mind, would you message me about which store still have V3?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I'm using AMD balanced power plan and I've set my PowerPackageTracking to 80.
95°C in less than 1 minute… I obviously stopped the test

I think your black ridge isn't mount correctly. With 120mm fan you should get better temps as with the L9a.

msv

What's an ITX?
Aug 10, 2019
Hello! Is there still a v4 restock coming to SFFLab in a few weeks? Or is v4.1 going to be the next release already? A couple of weeks ago there was feedback that a restock would come in 8-9 weeks. Waiting to buy a case so just figured I'd ask. Thanks!

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2019

I am deciding to go with the ncase m1 with this first itx build. I will surely get a dan case sometime in the future though since I love how small the thing is.

kowalzk1

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 11, 2019
I am looking for a RTX 2080 Super card to fit this case. I thought i saw a post earlier where someone mentioned what fits and what not but could not find it again. Was looking at Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super Gaming OC but it's a tad too thick. Any help is appreciated !

Last edited:

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019

Here's another Black Ridge V2 on the Dan A4-SFX.

CPU Fan: Noctua A9x14 2500 RPM Version
Case Fan: Stock Black Ridge Fan under the motherboard, set as exhaust

Ambient: 27C
Gaming Load Temps: 55-65C
Synthetic Load Temps: 80C
BIOS/UEFI Settings: All stock for the CPU, with Manual RAM timings at 3600 C16 (Ballistix Sport LT)