DAN A4-SFX v4.1

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
What is the purpose of the low voltage adapter?
The Low Voltage Adapter looks like this and simply reduce the voltage output to 5v. That way the fan motor can't get more voltage than that, so it spins slower. Be sure that you don't have it so your system can reach full speed if necessary.

Reactions: 91Mackmr2 and jrkd

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Does it fit in any other orientation, such as the fins in a vertical position for optimal heat dissipation?

BlackRidge only fits in that position (at least on this motherboard) because of the heatpipes curvature and the extended "above RAM" piece of fins, that would collide in any other position.

Be aware that the fin orientation on this type of heatsinks are not important, because the "fin part" is floating above the motherboard, so the air can bounce 360º once it hits his base and to find the easiest exit.

Reactions: Ranker

againstodds

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2019
Has anyone tried the 9900k with the 645lt inside dan case v4 ? What temperatures should i expect at stock settings without the 95 watt limit ? Will it thermal throttle ? What is the best recommended cpu for gaming for 645lt ? Thanks in advance

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Can anyone with an Asetek 645LT comment on if it’s possible to route the tubing around non low profile memory, such as the GSkill Trident Z Neo?

Regarding this question...I've worked during the last few weeks a lot inside the DAN A4 together with the Asetek 645LT.
...and during my RAM Testing I've also was able to use Trident Z (44mm height) and Patriot Viper Steel Series (also 44mm in height) inside the DAN A4
and route the tubing of the Asetek 645LT over the RAM (YES: OVER!)...it was tight but there was a comfortable amout of room so the pannel could close
without squishing anything together. I was even able to remove the RAM without a ful disassembly...helped me out a lot during the tests! :D
The last time I had a 545LC it was not possible, but as the tubing of the 645LT has more lenght and is perhabs some mm thinner (?) it fits just perfectly.
You just have to route the tubing like I've did so you don't end up with to tight squished bends or to much tubing sticking out.
So there is no need to route the tubes somewhere around the RAM! :) Hope that info helps some of you out!

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Has anyone tried the 9900k with the 645lt inside dan case v4 ? What temperatures should i expect at stock settings without the 95 watt limit ? Will it thermal throttle ? What is the best recommended cpu for gaming for 645lt ? Thanks in advance

I've done some tests not directly inside the DAN A4 but with Asetek 545LC (basically same temps as 645LT)

againstodds

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2019
I already saw your video but because i dont know the german language and also cant figure out the numbers on your screen could you please post your findings here

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Stock settings you're looking at 60-80C idle and you'll be throttling due to hitting thermal limit on load.

LoserCard

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
@againstodds I run a 9700k with a 645LT custom setup which allows me to use a 92x25mm fan and cool up to a 150-160W package. I am able to run my system at 5.0GHz 1.360v (-0.030 offset) in Realbench at 80C and Prime95 (non-AVX) at 85C (>30 minutes) or AVX loads with AVX offset -2. A 9900k runs roughly 15-25W higher than the 9700k so I would estimate you could run at either 4.8-4.9GHz with my kit depending on your silicon quality.

Here are my benchmark results:

Last edited:

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I just had a nightmare-ish experience while setting up my Dan A4, though it is at 0% due to the case itself but to the AMD platform I chose.

I bought initially a 3700x with an Aorus x570 ITX. Everything worked straight out of the box and I got the pc working in a few hours. The next day, I bring my shoebox to work in order to do some compilation test in a pc bag.
I come back home, and the wifi adapter on the motherboard could not be detected anymore by Windows. Wifi is a must have for me, I cannot have RJ45 cables at my desk due to our flat disposition. Usb adapters are a total nogo for me, I had terrible experiences with them. That's why I paid the premium price of the x570: Wifi 6 onboard.
I spent 3 days trying everything I could to make the adapter work again: CMOS reset, Windows reinstallation, even installing Ubuntu and trying out a Fedora boot drive. Nothing was detecting the adapter.
I gave up and opened a ticket at Gigabyte, they basically told me to RMA the card. My shop tells me that it shall come back by the end of Summer. Of course, this delay is just unrealistic for me, I need this pc. I sent the mb but I needed something now.

I go to another shop yesterday evening to get a cheap Asrock b450 and an old gen CPU to do the bios upgrade. I read carefully Asrock instructions and start to upgrade the bios from p1.3 to p1.7 first, before I can upgrade to p3.3 for my 3700x.
The upgrade to p1.7 is a peace of cake. But then, the bios refused to detect the p3.3 bin file on the same stick! I tried another stick, reformatting the stick, and I even tried their Internet bios upgrade using the ethernet port with DHCP. No new bios was detected...
I then tried something their website mentions as impossible: downgrade to p1.3. It worked fine and once on p1.3, the bios p3.3 was detected correctly, great right?
So I upgraded from p1.3 to p3.3. I put my son to sleep during the upgrade and come back. Impossible to boot the board to the bios anymore...
The board boots up with CPU fan starting and then after 30 seconds reboots without any signal on USB or on screen. I tried then everything I could, stuck in infinite loop. I go to bed, disgusted by my experience and another wasted evening on the pc.
I wake up this morning and start from scratch: I redo all the wiring, remove the RAM sticks and use only one etc.
Nothing works of course. So I decide to try out the 3700x on the b450, normally the bios is now compatible with it.
I remove it from the box and... my wife yells something at me from the bedroom. I thought she was sleeping and I dropped the brand-new 3700x on the floor.
As AMD is still using CPU pins, my first worry was for some bent pins. And of course there are 3 of them. It's so small that I need to use my full frame camera with a macro lens to see them. The pins are so small that we could not find something that would stick between them to unbend them.

My wife had the idea to ask our jewellery store if they can fix the pins. No idea if that has a chance to work. I spent a lot of money on AMD gears and I end up with nothing that can work. I have 2 motherboards to RMA...

I know it's maybe stupid, but AMD is now on my blacklist. I don't like what Intel did to the market in the last decade, but I never had any issue setting up an Intel rig, and they don't use CPU pins anymore.
While reading the web about Ryzen 3000 and motherboards, I realized many users have lots of problems with immature bios.

Now, what can I do to still enjoy my Dan A4? I need a fast CPU for work and gaming, but I refuse to continue with AMD. What is the fastest Intel CPU I can put in that I can cool down? Even if it means using an Asetek 645LT...

Adelon

Case Bender
New User
Aug 1, 2019
Quick question for all DAN A4-SFX V4 users. When using the riser card my FPS take a hit and games become unplayable. Im using a 5700 XT with 3600 and B450 (Gigabyte Wifi model) motherboard. Is my riser defective or should I look elsewhere?

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
I had the same issue. 20 FPS in BF5 with low setting!

I fixed it it by removing Windows HDR setting and Windows variable refresh rate.

Now I enjoy 120+ FPS in Ultra.

Adelon

Case Bender
New User
Aug 1, 2019
I had the same issue. 20 FPS in BF5 with low setting!

I fixed it it by removing Windows HDR setting and Windows variable refresh rate.

Now I enjoy 120+ FPS in Ultra.

Removed? Or turned off? And how does turning VRR off impact Freesync?

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
I just had a nightmare-ish experience while setting up my Dan A4, though it is at 0% due to the case itself but to the AMD platform I chose.

I bought initially a 3700x with an Aorus x570 ITX. Everything worked straight out of the box and I got the pc working in a few hours. The next day, I bring my shoebox to work in order to do some compilation test in a pc bag.
I come back home, and the wifi adapter on the motherboard could not be detected anymore by Windows. Wifi is a must have for me, I cannot have RJ45 cables at my desk due to our flat disposition. Usb adapters are a total nogo for me, I had terrible experiences with them. That's why I paid the premium price of the x570: Wifi 6 onboard.
I spent 3 days trying everything I could to make the adapter work again: CMOS reset, Windows reinstallation, even installing Ubuntu and trying out a Fedora boot drive. Nothing was detecting the adapter.
I gave up and opened a ticket at Gigabyte, they basically told me to RMA the card. My shop tells me that it shall come back by the end of Summer. Of course, this delay is just unrealistic for me, I need this pc. I sent the mb but I needed something now.

I go to another shop yesterday evening to get a cheap Asrock b450 and an old gen CPU to do the bios upgrade. I read carefully Asrock instructions and start to upgrade the bios from p1.3 to p1.7 first, before I can upgrade to p3.3 for my 3700x.
The upgrade to p1.7 is a peace of cake. But then, the bios refused to detect the p3.3 bin file on the same stick! I tried another stick, reformatting the stick, and I even tried their Internet bios upgrade using the ethernet port with DHCP. No new bios was detected...
I then tried something their website mentions as impossible: downgrade to p1.3. It worked fine and once on p1.3, the bios p3.3 was detected correctly, great right?
So I upgraded from p1.3 to p3.3. I put my son to sleep during the upgrade and come back. Impossible to boot the board to the bios anymore...
The board boots up with CPU fan starting and then after 30 seconds reboots without any signal on USB or on screen. I tried then everything I could, stuck in infinite loop. I go to bed, disgusted by my experience and another wasted evening on the pc.
I wake up this morning and start from scratch: I redo all the wiring, remove the RAM sticks and use only one etc.
Nothing works of course. So I decide to try out the 3700x on the b450, normally the bios is now compatible with it.
I remove it from the box and... my wife yells something at me from the bedroom. I thought she was sleeping and I dropped the brand-new 3700x on the floor.
As AMD is still using CPU pins, my first worry was for some bent pins. And of course there are 3 of them. It's so small that I need to use my full frame camera with a macro lens to see them. The pins are so small that we could not find something that would stick between them to unbend them.

My wife had the idea to ask our jewellery store if they can fix the pins. No idea if that has a chance to work. I spent a lot of money on AMD gears and I end up with nothing that can work. I have 2 motherboards to RMA...

I know it's maybe stupid, but AMD is now on my blacklist. I don't like what Intel did to the market in the last decade, but I never had any issue setting up an Intel rig, and they don't use CPU pins anymore.
While reading the web about Ryzen 3000 and motherboards, I realized many users have lots of problems with immature bios.

Now, what can I do to still enjoy my Dan A4? I need a fast CPU for work and gaming, but I refuse to continue with AMD. What is the fastest Intel CPU I can put in that I can cool down? Even if it means using an Asetek 645LT...

That's unfortunate, I hope you can get things working soon. I wouldn't blacklist AMD because of some issues though, I've had plenty of issues with Intel systems but my AMD build was painless. New builds could go either way really; Always something to RMA, always something that doesn't work out of the box as expected.
┐(´ー`)┌

I haven't looked at Intel stuff in a while but the 9700k comes to mind. Double check on that though eh.

Reactions: Vilmir

Vilmir

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I hear you. I am sure I had some serious problems with Intel bios in the past and I just forgot about it.
After hours of attempts, I could straighten up all my pins and make the 3700x work again.
I used a cutter blade and my camera on a tripod in super zoom mode.
Still, the b450 is bricked and the x570 wifi adapter is broken.

Edit: I come back from the playground, plug a usb stick with the latest firmware in the b450 and.. it boots with my 3700x!!!
Edit 2: I figured out that if my keyboard or mouse are connected to the black USB 2.0 ports on the Asrock b450 ITX/AC it won't boot up!

Last edited:

lilclie

Caliper Novice
Jul 14, 2019
Its probably been discussed here already however how does a fan under the motherboard impact the temps?

Waiting on the RAM to arrive but my setup comprises of the following:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB MINI ITX OC Video Card
Case: DAN Cases A4-SFXv4 Mini ITX Desktop Case
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Custom: Asetek 92mm 645LT AIO Cooler

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Its probably been discussed here already however how does a fan under the motherboard impact the temps?

Waiting on the RAM to arrive but my setup comprises of the following:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB MINI ITX OC Video Card
Case: DAN Cases A4-SFXv4 Mini ITX Desktop Case
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Custom: Asetek 92mm 645LT AIO Cooler

I haven't tested myself but I've read it can help with 2-3c cooling. However I'm just using a small 40mm fan.

btsfreak

Cable Smoosher
Apr 1, 2019
Hey guys! I got an issue trying ot run a Gigabyte B450 Aorus with Asetek 645LT. The basic issue is that I need three fan connectors (1 x pump + 1 x 645lt fan + 1 x chassis fan) but the motherboard only has 2 fan connectors. Is there any other connector I can use or maybe solder the pump and fan cable together?

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
Hey guys! I got an issue trying ot run a Gigabyte B450 Aorus with Asetek 645LT. The basic issue is that I need three fan connectors (1 x pump + 1 x 645lt fan + 1 x chassis fan) but the motherboard only has 2 fan connectors. Is there any other connector I can use or maybe solder the pump and fan cable together?
Get / connect a Y splitter to MB, and then, connect 2 fans to that. Best to use the same fans. The pump will connect other header on the MB.

Reactions: btsfreak

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2016
I haven't tested myself but I've read it can help with 2-3c cooling. However I'm just using a small 40mm fan.

How are you keeping that fan in place? Also, what is that tie you are using to keep the tubes in place? I need to replace the "wire tie" I am using. :)