DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
What's everyone's delta between their motherboard temps and their CPU temps in HWMonitor?

In my Dan V4 + 8700k delidded + Asus STRIX 370-i + Asetek 645LT:

Idle
Motherboard sensor = 37C
CPU sensor = 44C

Gaming Load (Rainbow Six Siege)
Motherboard sensor = 45C (52C Max)
CPU sensor = 68C (82C Max)

Are these temperatures abnormal or normal?

I'm running a delidded 7700K (temp spike edition) with a Corsair H55 and I think thats about the same thing.
As I don't have my external PSU at the moment I can't close the case to measure exactly but I think it won't be far off.

It is a very compact case with high-end specs so you can't expect great thermals.
Everything is toasty at all times...

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
I'm running a delidded 7700K (temp spike edition) with a Corsair H55 and I think thats about the same thing.
As I don't have my external PSU at the moment I can't close the case to measure exactly but I think it won't be far off.

It is a very compact case with high-end specs so you can't expect great thermals.
Everything is toasty at all times...

If it's normal, I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
Will any old GPU fit into v4? I tried this card but can't move it 1-2mm more to the left so it fits into the slot. Am I doing something wrong? The white plastic on the right side on the riser, I moved it a bit to the right but does not make any difference. Thanks. Also, the card is about 42mm thick, but the website says 35mm which is strange.

Khanza

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2019
Will any old GPU fit into v4? I tried this card but can't move it 1-2mm more to the left so it fits into the slot. Am I doing something wrong? The white plastic on the right side on the riser, I moved it a bit to the right but does not make any difference. Thanks. Also, the card is about 42mm thick, but the website says 35mm which is strange.

any gpu should fit on dancase adt riser. but if you have problem like that, may be you can pull out the screw on the riser so it can fit to the gpu (no screw on riser)

jakkuftw

Chassis Packer
Apr 16, 2019
I think you do something wrong, when I first time installed gigabyte 1060 g1 gaming, I had something like this, but check everything closely it should fit.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Yeah, Pci-express x16 cards are standarized so it should fit perfectly. If it were different it wouldn't fit in any case/motherboard.

First, unscrew the riser connector, second remove the small cover for the gpu i/o shield mount.

Once thats done, it should fit without an issue.

Only if a card is to high it might touch the side panel mounts but you can remove those. Even a large card like my Gtx1080ti ftw3 doesn't have an issue with that.

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
I was encountering something similar with my new 5700xt and it took a little jiggleing to find the right angle to get it deeper in. I found it helpful to remove the PSU to get angle to it. Also the Riser was exerting some pressure on the backplate but a bit of squishing and gentle tugging got it to extend into the motherboard area nicely.

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
Thanks all it worked. :)

Would you choose Asus B450 with two M.2's or much cheaper Gigabyte B450 with one M.2 and one SSD in front bay? Pairing that with Ryzen 5 2600/L9a and GTX 1660, no OC. Trying to understand if separate SSD would improve temps in the case?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Thanks all it worked. :)

Would you choose Asus B450 with two M.2's or much cheaper Gigabyte B450 with one M.2 and one SSD in front bay? Pairing that with Ryzen 5 2600/L9a and GTX 1660, no OC. Trying to understand if separate SSD would improve temps in the case?
Having one m.2 in the backside of the motherboard is asking for high temps and possible thermal throttling of the m.2 drive (ask me how I know).

Thats why front mounted m.2 + ssd would be the way to go for me. Second drive is storage most of the time anyway.

I got a 512gb 970pro on the motherboard and a 1tb 850pro mounted in the front. Works fine...

Reactions: advblue and Vrekgar

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
After I've presented you the previous king in the 47mm height range, I couldn't resist and had to get my hands on the new Cryorig C7G which is a better revision of the C7CU. Completly made out off copper and coated in graphite. In this video I've done just a quick comparison with my results of the Thermalright AXP-100 Copper, but I promise the overview withAsetek 645LT and Alpenföhn Black Ridge will follow soon to find out who can cool down 140W TDP inside this small formfactor most efficiently! :) Enjoy!

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
After I've presented you the previous king in the 47mm height range, I couldn't resist and had to get my hands on the new Cryorig C7G which is a better revision of the C7CU. Completly made out off copper and coated in graphite. In this video I've done just a quick comparison with my results of the Thermalright AXP-100 Copper, but I promise the overview withAsetek 645LT and Alpenföhn Black Ridge will follow soon to find out who can cool down 140W TDP inside this small formfactor most efficiently! :) Enjoy!

I'm glad I understand some German ?
You're doing that quite well though.

Reactions: Vrekgar

Jovogdiar

Caliper Novice
Apr 29, 2018

I really appreciate the noise test on this. Please also include a noise test with the Asetek 645LT. My choice between the Cryorig C7G and the Asetek 645LT will come down to the difference in noise between the 2.

SoulTribunal

Caliper Novice
May 19, 2019
What's happen if you use x570 + new AMD Zen2 + RX 5700 XT ?
I know you've to switch in BIOS PCIE4 to PCIE3, but how do you if you've black screen because the riser isn't compatible with out of the box PCIE4 ?

It should work regardless, I have that exact combo and I had no problems(x570 + 3600 + RX 5700 XT). The 5700 XT will operate in 2D mode, capping it to ~200MHz, allowing you to enter the bios and switch over to PCIE3.

Reactions: Vrekgar

tarfeef101

Efficiency Noob
Apr 5, 2019
- Edit -

Quote failed so reposted something. So here's some random temps in my new build for the V4:

Running TimeSpy stress test, 3600x on an evga clc 120 hit 4.2 GHz (PBO), 55-65 degrees C (25C ambient)
Gigabyte 2070 Mini maxed out at 77 C, 1950 MHz

Once I get a better 120mm AIO (corsair h55 has rotating fittings on the cpu block so the tubes can be flatter), and the mounting bracket for the AIO (just stuffing the extra space with bubble wrap ATM), I'll repaste the GPU and CPU with better stuff, and see if that helps.

Last edited:

tarfeef101

Efficiency Noob
Apr 5, 2019
Use the integrated graphics, if possible.
Or, more likely (since there isn't much reason to buy the new APUs), get an old GPU to do that with. Or an older APU. Or, ask the store to let you do that if you're using a physical store to get your parts. Some are nice and will do that for you.

tarfeef101

Efficiency Noob
Apr 5, 2019
@dondan I am using the V4 case, and am having some weird behavior with the type c port on the front.

I have a usb type c hub. It works perfectly with my Chromebook. It works perfectly with my motherboard plugged directly into the back.

I have a type c port on the front of the case (as I'm sure you know). This works perfectly with my USB key that I use for random file transfers. This USB key also works through the hub on my motherboard and my Chromebook.

Somehow, though, I cannot use things through the hub with the front panel connector. Each individual part works, but somehow combined they're not working. The light on the usb lights up briefly as I plug the hub in, but does not come back on.

Any idea what is going on with that?