DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Well shoehorned my 5700xt into my Dan v4. Bit of a tight fit, had to remove the 645lt I had as the tubes are just a few MM too close to the card to allow it to actually seat in the riser. Its not the actual tubes its their connectors. I also had to pop out my PSU but once the graphics card was in I easily reinstalled the PSU and routed the cables up to the graphics card.

Now I'm just waiting for UPS to get the mobo and CPU here.... they have had the package since early monday but it just started moving at 9pm last night.

wallysimmonds

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2018
I recommend going for a setup similar to what I'm doing, if you're willing to put in the effort: ITX-sized GPU, 120mm AIO. If you have flexibility in your GPU choice, I feel that's the best way to get good CPU cooling, and from what I've seen (will be testing in the next week or so), the 2070 mini from gigabyte can offer quite a bit of GPU horses. Once my AIO bracket arrives for my V4 I'll put my full build together with a 3600x and I'll probably repaste the GPU as well for the best thermals possible. I'll make a post with the thermal results once that's done.

Yeah, I'm running a 2080TI so unfortunately that's a no go for me - should have clarified that.

Tbh, the heat thing is not really a huge issue because i'm not running hardcore workloads for sustained periods. I'm just presuming the 3700x will be slightly hardware to cool than my 2600, which was already pushing 80 in battlefield (haven't really observed what it'd be like under prime 95 or blender, but it probably won't be good).

It really comes down to whether the Alpenfohn (or something else equally quiet to my L9) will give it that extra, or perhaps I'd just be better off 3dprinting the fan duct mod.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
It really comes down to whether the Alpenfohn (or something else equally quiet to my L9) will give it that extra, or perhaps I'd just be better off 3dprinting the fan duct mod.
you'd have to dig into the heatsink thread, but I seem to recall that the black ridge with only a 92mm fan didn't perform much different than the l9 with a shroud. to use a 120mm fan you'd need to swap to very low profile ram.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I'm getting unexpected bad thermals and I'm not sure what the reason is.

i migrated from a Dan A4 v2 to a v4 and swapped out my pump from the 92mm Asetek 545LC to the 645LT. However, to my surprise, temps shot up through the roof. I swapped cases in hopes of getting better thermals with the added A9x14 under the motherboard tray. To my surprise and shock, my temps are now worse even with the fan and the new pump. Nothing else was changed other than swapping in Pslate custom unshielded PSU cables instead of Corsair stock ribbon cables.

Furthermore, I'm hearing a new whine/engine noise. I'm not sure if that's the turbulence from the added bottom fan or if that's how the 645LT is supposed to sound.

I'm at a loss on what may be the issue here:

Specs are
8700k delidded with aftermarket copper IHS
Asus Strix 370-i
Corsair LPX
Samsung 970 Pro 1TB
Corsair SF600 with Pslate custom cables
EVGA 2080 TI XC Ultra Gaming
Thermal Grizzly Kryptonaut
If I understood correctly you opened the loop to swap only the pump for the 645 version, keeping tubes and radiator from the 545? if that's the case perhaps the loop ended with too many air inside. With that little amount of liquid and the shortness of all the loop itself it could be a little tricky to purge it correctly. Perhaps you could use some kind of "T" or "L" connector with a third plug on one of the radiator fittings that allow you to empty, refill and purge the system easly. Something ressembling that (with the correct measures) could do the trick for you Fitting Example

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes for the AMD Perf. Combo the X570 is too expansive and the advantage of PCIe 4.0 is 0%

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
Within next 8-9 weeks. If you can't wait - it is available on ocuk.

Every data connection has two limiting factors shielding and wire length/connection count. If the shielding is bad you have cross talk between two close data wires or external influces that can corrupt the data packages. PCIe 4.0 has very high frequencies that limit the signal length because after some inches the signal and clock is out of shape, also every physical connection reduce the signal quality so you need a retimer or redriver to rebuild it.

The max length for PCIe 4.0 is 10inch this is 254mm. The A4-SFXv4 riser is 185mm so we have ~70mm from CPU to PCIE socket and GPU to riser socket. There is a bit of hope that this will work. With a bit of luck the Gigabyte x570 ITX has a retimer infront of the PCIe socket this will help alot.

Sorry I dont get the question.
Thank you Dan. What cpu cooler did you use for the 3700x?

tuete-w

Cable Smoosher
May 27, 2019
My bad, appears that Dan has cleared this up, its fine if you change it to UEFI 3.0

Well, he just wrote that the x570 + 3.0 Riser cable combo would work, if you change to the BIOS settings to use PCI 3.0, not the config with B450.

So, to be certain, the B450 will work with 3.0 Riser and 5700xt with the corresponding BIOS settings?

Edit: would there even be an option to set PCI mode manually with a B450 board?

wallysimmonds

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2018
As posted in the other 3600/3700x temps thread, I installed my 3700x last night and temps are all over the place. Idles at 41-50c, and browsing/taxing it in any way generally pops things up to 50-60. Cinebench gets up to 88.
When I get home tonight I'm going to pull it apart and reapply paste etc, as it's possible I didn't do a great job there (was in a bit of a rush installing it).

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Is it necessary plastic shield in DAN A4? Because with Asetek 645LT it's impossible to use with psu cables.
Its there to act as a shield between the motherboard and graphics card so any protruding bits dont accidentally contact each other and ground something out.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
If I understood correctly you opened the loop to swap only the pump for the 645 version, keeping tubes and radiator from the 545? if that's the case perhaps the loop ended with too many air inside. With that little amount of liquid and the shortness of all the loop itself it could be a little tricky to purge it correctly. Perhaps you could use some kind of "T" or "L" connector with a third plug on one of the radiator fittings that allow you to empty, refill and purge the system easly. Something ressembling that (with the correct measures) could do the trick for you Fitting Example

I swapped the complete kit: the entire 545LC to the 645LT, block + rad combo

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
What's happen if you use x570 + new AMD Zen2 + RX 5700 XT ?
I know you've to switch in BIOS PCIE4 to PCIE3, but how do you if you've black screen because the riser isn't compatible with out of the box PCIE4 ?

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
What's everyone's delta between their motherboard temps and their CPU temps in HWMonitor?

In my Dan V4 + 8700k delidded + Asus STRIX 370-i + Asetek 645LT + 2 Noctua A9x14 92mm fans @ 2200RPMs

Idle
Motherboard sensor = 37C
CPU sensor = 44C

Gaming Load (Rainbow Six Siege)
Motherboard sensor = 45C (52C Max)
CPU sensor = 68C (82C Max)

Are these temperatures abnormal or normal?

Last edited:

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
What's happen if you use x570 + new AMD Zen2 + RX 5700 XT ?
I know you've to switch in BIOS PCIE4 to PCIE3, but how do you if you've black screen because the riser isn't compatible with out of the box PCIE4 ?
Use the integrated graphics, if possible.