DAN A4-SFX v4.1

LoserCard

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2019
That is really cool! I especially like the PSU riser. At this moment, I feel like the space under PSU is kinda problematic.

Be careful! They need to be shorter or you will damage the heatsink... you will bend a rib on each of the holes. I realized this too late. It doesn't have any actual impact so far, but I would suggest to cut these screws a little bit or get some new ones!!!

91Mackmr2: i'm gonna check that! TX

I am selling both a full kit (including full wiring kit, custom brackets, fan and hardware) as well as the PSU bracket by itself. Here is my post in the forum.

Also I have posted this kit on Reddit r/sffpc: HERE

If you own a 3D printer, I posted the STLs here (non-brass threaded insert versions): HERE

n3xus

What's an ITX?
Jun 27, 2019
Do anyone else have a noise problem with the fan under the motherboard? I have a NF-A9x14 as a intake there and I have tried all things that come to my mind to stop the noise it makes because it so close to the grill at the bottom. Or atleast I think that the noise comes because of that.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Make a solution for 2 x 15mm 2.5" HDDs and the Dan A4 will turn into a serious Rendering Workstation.
If you have access to a 3D printer and can print in abs or at least petg for some thermal resistance (as pla becomes soft at 60°c) solutions might be found. But... As I said, gimme some time ?

Muddy Mudskipper

Case Bender
Jun 24, 2019
I've got a Sapphire RX 470 Nitro OC 4GB - https://bit-tech.net/reviews/tech/graphics/sapphire-radeon-rx-470-nitro-oc-4gb-review/2/

According to specs it's 41mm deep, however the fan blades are hitting the side of the case. The tips of the fan blades do appear to extend a little from outside the shroud BUT I thought the limit for the Dan case was 45mm overall?

Also I see other builds with what appear to be much larger cards, thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
It looks like the Nitro has a very big back plate. Route the riser cable through the motherboard chamber than it should fit.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Do anyone else have a noise problem with the fan under the motherboard? I have a NF-A9x14 as a intake there and I have tried all things that come to my mind to stop the noise it makes because it so close to the grill at the bottom. Or atleast I think that the noise comes because of that.

Setup maximum fan speed for this fan to 30% or rotate the fan.

btsfreak

Cable Smoosher
Apr 1, 2019
Anyone knows if i can use the Asetek 645LT with RipJaws V RAM modules? Their height should be 42 mm which would give you 10mm clearance while the Asetek 645LT tubes are 10.7mm thick (not 100% sure on that, couldnt find official specs). But I thought since the top end of the RipJaws kinda has recesses, it might be possible to stick the tubes over it somehow.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Nop I only find the 80mm rev (AK-FN076), asked one seller why he doesn't sell the 92mm, he told be it's because it's been discontinued 2y ago :(

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
Anyone knows if i can use the Asetek 645LT with RipJaws V RAM modules? Their height should be 42 mm which would give you 10mm clearance while the Asetek 645LT tubes are 10.7mm thick (not 100% sure on that, couldnt find official specs). But I thought since the top end of the RipJaws kinda has recesses, it might be possible to stick the tubes over it somehow.

You can route the hoses under the ram sticks. Place tha pump with the hoses at 9 o clock

Reactions: btsfreak

irad

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2019
Hi,
Just to say i received my silver v4, and god it's a great looking piece of work !
I have no part yet, since i wanted to see the case for real, and check how it would be accepted at home :-) Coming from a laptop...
Now that that step is passed, i can move ahead :-)
Looking forward for build reviews with 3700x and L9A, to see if it' ok temperature wise. Otherwise i'll go for a 3600.
With a 2080 most likely, or a 2070S if i wait a bit for some custom version.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Yay, got mymotherboard back. But now my g-unique brick died :(
Luckily Gury is a great guy that will resolve the issue asap.

in the mean time I do have a my SF600 and I can continue with my M.2 extender solution. I made the mount for it, now I have to make the cooling solution work :D
More on that soon.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
For the PCIe gen 4.0 compatibility question:

I ordered x570, 3700x & 5700 to test it next week. I think it will be not compatible because the total length from the CPU to GPU is longer than 10 inch and the cable has no active retimer component. But it should be possible to change the linkspeed to gen3 in UEFI then it should work. The performance loss is not meassureable.

Regards
Daniel

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
For the PCIe gen 4.0 compatibility question:

I ordered x570, 3700x & 5700 to test it next week. I think it will be not compatible because the total length from the CPU to GPU is longer than 10 inch and the cable has no active retimer component. But it should be possible to change the linkspeed to gen3 in UEFI then it should work. The performance loss is not meassureable.

Regards
Daniel
Can you explain what you are talking about, I don't understand, what's not compatible , and a active retimer component?

What brand x570 mobo?