DAN A4-SFX v4.1

mobie1211

Chassis Packer
Mar 29, 2019
There are many websites that offers 3d prints as a service. Go on a 3d print service site in your country, upload the file from my website chose the material and color and place your order. A good price is between $10-15.

With best regards
Daniel
Hi Daniel
When SFFLabs available order v4 case?
Thanks

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018

Got my (dan's) high ram fan duct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanook

Ze-goldfish

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 11, 2019
@Villani & @Cyruz
For the v4 routing over the GPU side is default and the best way. It will also work on the motherboard side, but this will result in higher force on the riser cable.
For v1, v2 & v3 routing over motherboard side is default because the cable is different to v4.

Is it possible to install the new riser cable on the GPU side in the v3?

Considering to purchase one such that it does not restrict airflow behind the motherboard (M.2 mounted there).
And also because it covers more of the top mesh over the motherboard than nessesary (restricting airflow) because it needs to do a bend in the cable instead of a 180 degreee as the new riser

PalaSicka

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019
Hi,
I received my DAN A4 v4 and I was impressed by the quality. On the other hand, I really didn't like the black back on all aluminum case, so I've decided to do something about it. I went with the "Bang & Olufsen Beolit 17" look - I didn't want to use aluminum paint, cause that would be hard to match.
I used Molotow Pebble Grey for the color, Molotow Clear Coat Matt and Spray Max 1K Adhesion Primer (Clear) to prime it.

Because I accidentally bought a lame motherboard, I've decided to "cross" it's IO panel design too.

You can see the entire process here: DAN A4 v4 BACKPAINT

PalaSicka

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019
And just one more thing, the thermals are nearly perfect. With the bottom 14mm fan and the duct, I am on the "open case" stats from my much bigger case. So if Noctua N9 is enough for you on open setup, it will be working perfectly with the duct and bottom 92x92x14 push out. I am returning the 92x92x25 which was meant to be under the PSU - it's absolutely unnecessary.

These are the only things to improve on the air cooling:
1. 120 mm bracket - the only issue of this case occures when the CPU ends with the heavy load and all the fans "stop" spinning. Because the aluminum case is still hot, it tends to warm the inside of the case and there is nothing to cool it down so the temperature rises in idle for a few minutes. So right after the stretch, the temperature is higher than within the actual stretch about +5-7 degrees. The problem is the top of the unit and the side where the 120 mm bracket should be. The bracket would help to cool this "on the go". It's a small issue, but if you like things perfect...

2. Because the top part builds up the temperature too, I am a little bit worried about the SSD. I am currently thinking about a double of 4cm fans tunneling this part (in-out). Still not sure where to mount them tho.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
And just one more thing, the thermals are nearly perfect. With the bottom 14mm fan and the duct, I am on the "open case" stats from my much bigger case. So if Noctua N9 is enough for you on open setup, it will be working perfectly with the duct and bottom 92x92x14 push out. I am returning the 92x92x25 which was meant to be under the PSU - it's absolutely unnecessary.

1. 120 mm bracket - the only issue of this case occures when the CPU ends with the heavy load and all the fans "stop" spinning. Because the aluminum case is still hot, it tends to warm the inside of the case and there is nothing to cool it down so the temperature rises in idle for a few minutes. So right after the stretch, the temperature is higher than within the actual stretch about +5-7 degrees. The problem is the top of the unit and the side where the 120 mm bracket should be. The bracket would help to cool this "on the go". It's a small issue, but if you like things perfect...

2. Because the top part builds up the temperature too, I am a little bit worried about the SSD. I am currently thinking about a double of 4cm fans tunneling this part (in-out). Still not sure where to mount them tho.

It's been confirmed through multiple tests across a number of people here:

If air cooling, set bottom fans to exhaust and cpu fan to intake.

If liquid cooling, set bottom fans to intake.

Both should result in acceptable temps for your M.2 SSD.

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019

Did you post somewhere all the hardware you used inside the case? I'd like to know to give me an idea of how I should go about building mine. What CPU, GPU, PSU, and did you get custom cables? Thanks.

Reactions: Dazr87

PalaSicka

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019
Did you post somewhere all the hardware you used inside the case? I'd like to know to give me an idea of how I should go about building mine. What CPU, GPU, PSU, and did you get custom cables? Thanks.
I am not sure. Anyway here are the specs:
Motherboard: ASRock Z390M-ITX/AC - Intel Z390 (lame, I wanted a different one, made a wrong drop in a basket, but whatevs), still pretty good MB

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 - I didn't take 8700K on purpose, as the non-overclocked differences are negligible, but 8700 is way cooler and I don't plan to overclock or delid. I wanted to stay aircooled too.

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 AERO ITX 8G OC, 8GB GDDR5 - I could have fit a better one, again I didn't find the difference in the performance in anyway big enough.

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Grey 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 - Always Crucial!

PSU: Originally I bought Fortron Dagger - 600W, but it was tooooo noisy so I swapped it for Corsair SW600 Platinum.

SSD: ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro - Although I am not a fan of ADATA by far, love the performance and design for the price of this unit.

FANs: Noctua NH-l9i and Noctua 92x92x14, as mentioned, I am returning the 25mm, cause I know it won't make any difference.

+sanded fan duct

I am planning to get custom sleeve cables when the bracket is out, cause I believe it can heavily help with the airflow in the box - not for the CPU but for the other parts. At this moment, all the DAN A4 customsleeved are soldout.

I am on 54-59 degrees on average in Apex Legends max settings with peaks to max 72 degrees on the CPU and around 70 on the GPU, which is amazing achievement considering it was close to 80 in the open box in a hot day. My only concern is the top part of the box, whereas I mentioned the "environment temp" gets to 60° so I can only guess what are the temperatures on parts, PSU and SSD.

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
I am not sure. Anyway here are the specs:
Motherboard: ASRock Z390M-ITX/AC - Intel Z390 (lame, I wanted a different one, made a wrong drop in a basket, but whatevs), still pretty good MB

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 - I didn't take 8700K on purpose, as the non-overclocked differences are negligible, but 8700 is way cooler and I don't plan to overclock or delid. I wanted to stay aircooled too.

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 AERO ITX 8G OC, 8GB GDDR5 - I could have fit a better one, again I didn't find the difference in the performance in anyway big enough.

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Grey 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000 - Always Crucial!

PSU: Originally I bought Fortron Dagger - 600W, but it was tooooo noisy so I swapped it for Corsair SW600 Platinum.

SSD: ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro - Although I am not a fan of ADATA by far, love the performance and design for the price of this unit.

FANs: Noctua NH-l9i and Noctua 92x92x14, as mentioned, I am returning the 25mm, cause I know it won't make any difference.

+sanded fan duct

I am planning to get custom sleeve cables when the bracket is out, cause I believe it can heavily help with the airflow in the box - not for the CPU but for the other parts. At this moment, all the DAN A4 customsleeved are soldout.

I am on 54-59 degrees on average in Apex Legends max settings with peaks to max 72 degrees on the CPU and around 70 on the GPU, which is amazing achievement considering it was close to 80 in the open box in a hot day. My only concern is the top part of the box, whereas I mentioned the "environment temp" gets to 60° so I can only guess what are the temperatures on parts, PSU and SSD.
Thanks for the information. I ordered a set of unsleeved custom cables like LoserCard used in his build, hoping for better air flow compared to the sleeved version. BTW, great job on the build!!!!

PalaSicka

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2019
Here's my build:
That is really cool! I especially like the PSU riser. At this moment, I feel like the space under PSU is kinda problematic.

To attach it is everyone just using the 25mm screws that come with the L9i?
Be careful! They need to be shorter or you will damage the heatsink... you will bend a rib on each of the holes. I realized this too late. It doesn't have any actual impact so far, but I would suggest to cut these screws a little bit or get some new ones!!!

91Mackmr2: i'm gonna check that! TX

Reactions: Muddy Mudskipper