DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
In the picture of the AIO pump, what’s the fan in the top right cooler that looks like a M.2 cooling device?

Forgive me if it’s been mentioned previously.

Oh, thats just a simple 50mm radial fan (blower fan) I use on my 3D printer. I'm designing a bracket to fit onto the M.2 extender PCB so I can use it as a M.2 cooler.
Might look for an alternative fan for it as I noticed these ones make a ratling sound when not at 100% and are a little to noisy at 100%.

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
Oh, thats just a simple 50mm radial fan (blower fan) I use on my 3D printer. I'm designing a bracket to fit onto the M.2 extender PCB so I can use it as a M.2 cooler.
Might look for an alternative fan for it as I noticed these ones make a ratling sound when not at 100% and are a little to noisy at 100%.

Looks more slick than the other method I’ve seen of sticking a tiny Noctua fan above the heat sink

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
Try the Noctua rubber mounting nipples. They provide a little bit of extra clearance to help prevent fan blade issues.

The stock black ridge fan is really awful though — can’t stand the noise profile above 35%. I can see why everyone replaces them with the NF-A9x14 now.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Well, guess everything is on hold as my motherboard seems to have died.
I'm occupied with testing components (only GPU and CPU remain to be tested) and hoping they can replace the motherboard as Z270 ITX boards are getting hard to find...

Once that is resolved, I'll continue with the M.2 extender mounting design.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
With a 3d printer

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Oh WOW that is amazing!! Who has a machine like that?
Think your location will be the most important part. Printing won't be the cost. Shipping though...
You can check if there is a 3D printing service in your surroundings.

Haven't printed it myself as I'm not using an air cooler but seems an easy print.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
There are many websites that offers 3d prints as a service. Go on a 3d print service site in your country, upload the file from my website chose the material and color and place your order. A good price is between $10-15.

With best regards
Daniel

Reactions: mfgillia

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
There are many websites that offers 3d prints as a service. Go on a 3d print service site in your country, upload the file from my website chose the material and color and place your order. A good price is between $10-15.

With best regards
Daniel
Well, I didn't understand the process, so I ordered a fan duct from j-hack that someone recommend.

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
If you are or know a student you can try your local university as well. Our University of Technology offers free/cheap lab access to students.