DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
As cool as the new revision having front USB C is, there are few itx boards with that header on them. Will the previous revision panel with 3.0 type A be available anywhere or as a purchase option?

Similar question. What header(s) am I looking for on a motherboard's spec sheet to hook up the front panel USB C? I don't mind if it operates at a slower speed, I just would like for it to work in some capacity.

glow

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2019
As cool as the new revision having front USB C is, there are few itx boards with that header on them. Will the previous revision panel with 3.0 type A be available anywhere or as a purchase option?
Similar question. What header(s) am I looking for on a motherboard's spec sheet to hook up the front panel USB C? I don't mind if it operates at a slower speed, I just would like for it to work in some capacity.

It uses the old header, not the USB-C header.

Reactions: Titeywitey

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
The A4-SFX v4 uses a standard USB 3.0 header -- same as for type A.

There's no 3.1 Gen2 connector because there's not a standardized header (e.g. the one on ASUS boards is not a standard).

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
My ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-itx/ac has a USB 3.1 Gen1 (aka USB 3.0 aka USB 3.2 Gen1 as listed on Dan's website) which is only 5 Gbps transfer speed. There are 4x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A ports on the IO and also 1x TB3 which is also USB 3.1 Gen2 compatible.

I don't mind the USB-C port on the front... I built my SFF because gaming on a Macbook Pro is not really ideal. So I didn't really have a shortage of USB-C devices. But then again, I don't find myself using the USB-C port as much since I still use my MBP for all my photo editing and other activities which require connecting my external USB 3.1 Gen 2 drives

Marenoc

What's an ITX?
New User
May 29, 2019
@fabio when were you able to get these Ameri-Rack bifurcation risers? I contacted them today and they state "we only sell to approved system integrators." Any thoughts?

Ophiuchus

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2018
Probably a dumb question, but do you have any plans on doing a sort of design refresh sometime in the far off future? The C4 you're working on really nails the design for me, never been overtly fond of the brushed metallics or curvature -mind you I understand why it was done working with Lian-Li.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
So additional fan underneath motherboard help to cool components by how much?
Don't expect wonders but some is better than none.
I have my fan on the same header as my cpu-fan (radiator fan) so it will only go harder when cpu temps rise.
Mostly because my second fan header is kind of a dick and doesn't do what I ask it to do...

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
I believe the problem isn't sufficient intake, but rather exhausting the hot air. Depending on how you have the fan setup it changes the dynamic.

Ideally if you wanted to cool components on the board you would want to blow directly straight down on them, but thats not exactly very easy, plus you would want a path to get that warmed air out and into the wider atmosphere instead of trapped inside the case or in some circumstances just recirculated back into the case by a 92mm aio.

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
What do you guys think about the Silverstone AR11 ?

It's not in the DanCase heatsinks list, but it should fit in the case with no problem.

I'm curious to know how it performs against a Cooltek LP53. I wanted to buy the Cooltek, but it's almost impossible to find it.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
It should work, but 47mm tall, hmm be aware of hard noise because of turbulances

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
It should work, but 47mm tall, hmm be aware of hard noise because of turbulances

Turbulances ? What if I use a Noctua A9x14 instead of the stock fan ?

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Will be too close to the side pannel. Look at the Cryorig C7, it's got the same problem.

And it will be a problem ?

I had a discussion with someone on Reddit who used the Silverstone AR11 with the Noctua A9x14 and he had very good results.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
So additional fan underneath motherboard help to cool components by how much?
I have two 92x15mm fans in exhaust mode at ~1400 rpm and when the system is loaded with a heavy game or benchmark they push a good amount of very hot air that otherwise would have to find their way itself to the exit. I really think that the case needs it. My temps so far never reached 60Cº on CPU (i5 9600k) with BlackRidge and 85Cº on GPU (RTX2070GOC) just gaming. On sintethic cpu benchmarks I'll see how far the BR can handle. If you want photos or some benchmark just ask ?

Reactions: mfgillia