DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Good idea. Think I'm gonna do that with mine as well when I also add a NF-A9x14.

Anyone revert back to air from an AIO in their V3 for any particular reason?

Reactions: PeGys

CZero

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2018
I`ve done this. From an Custom Modified AiO „back“ to the Alpenföhn Black Ridge with an 120mm Fan and VLP RAM.

Reason?
1. I really like the BR.
2. I will install a 120mm AiO on my 2080Ti which i ordered.

I only have to Undervolt the Card a lot because my System runs with a 330W Powerbrick from Dell XD

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017
Is there any comparative data for the bottom fans being intake vs. exhaust?

I've configured them as intake as that seems to be how most are using them, but I'm wondering if the pure positive pressure results in hot air being recycled from the sides (e.g. being sucked in then pushed out the sides from the positive pressure).

I've seen some recent YouTube videos that suggest a bottom exhaust configuration may be beneficial to temperatures, against common wisdom.

CZero

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2018
I cant speak for the Dan A4 but i always got better Temps in Cases if i had more exhaust then intake.
But i also got a bit more Dust ^^.

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Trick is that hot air exhausted out the sides from the positive pressure will tend to disperse rather quickly into the surrounding ambient air as its not moving very fast and has no real quick path that doesn't involve it being heavily diluted with ambient air. This is because it has to overcome 3 90deg turns before it can re-enter the case and the shorter you make that path the faster it has to be moving which lessens the volume of air that can be moved because its not mechanically constrained and insulated.

Whereas in an bottom exhaust setup your immediately mechanically forcing the air to make a 90deg turn meaning it only has 2 90deg turns to make before it can enter the case.

meganfarr

Efficiency Noob
Feb 6, 2019
I have the Dan Case v4 with 2080 Ti and Asetek 645LT but I am struggling with temps. I have another 14mm noctua fan, what is the best configuration for noise and temps with the cpu cooler fan speed, additional fan speed, and then possibly any changes to the cpu itself for optimal cooling and noise levels?

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Well, things are getting interesting...

Asus announced the ASUS ROG Strix X570i today...

Looking forward to see some thermals of the Zen 2 architecture CPU's. Planning to put one in my DAN A4 when it launches...

Reactions: Vrekgar

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
So I have a Dan v4 on its way. With the USB-C on the front, do I need a board with specific USB-C header on it? Or does it just plug into USB 3.0 header?

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019

USB 3.0 header.
Nice one. Thanks! I wasn't sure ?

Any mini itx motherboards to stay away from when using the Alpenföhn Black Ridge at all?
And what about the m.2 heatsinks, such as on the Asus ROG Strix boards, and aorus, are they compatible with it?

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
Im betting the new Asus crosshair VII impact wont fit in the dan,

But its looking like the Strix should.
Yeah the Strix looks like it's a standard mini itx size. But the impact is a mini dtx isn't it?

Either way, most of the new x570 lineup looks so much better than most of the x470s imo

BenzTVS

Efficiency Noob
Apr 17, 2019
I`ve done this. From an Custom Modified AiO „back“ to the Alpenföhn Black Ridge with an 120mm Fan and VLP RAM.

Reason?
1. I really like the BR.
2. I will install a 120mm AiO on my 2080Ti which i ordered.

I only have to Undervolt the Card a lot because my System runs with a 330W Powerbrick from Dell XD

Would you mind to share how you install 120mm AiO on your 2080ti?

I has a plan to install BR on the CPU and was curious whether I can utilize the 645LT with NZXT G12.

My current hardware setup
CPU: Ryzen 2700x + C7 CU Graphene
Mobo: AORUS B450i
RAM: ADATA VLP 8GB*2
GPU: RX580 4GB (Upgrading soon)
Storage: Crucial M2
PSU: SF600 Platinum

Pending stuff
645LT
Black Ridge (Really hard to find a seller that ship to Asia)

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Yeah the Strix looks like it's a standard mini itx size. But the impact is a mini dtx isn't it?

Either way, most of the new x570 lineup looks so much better than most of the x470s imo

Yeah, the imapct is Mini-DTX, meaning it's higher than a Mini-ITX board.
Strix should fit just fine.

Reactions: Dazr87

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
So i'm currently stuffing my Dan V4 with all the hardware and I found that you have to choose either having the under psu fan or the HDD case.
Not satisfied with that I decided to play with my Dremel and some screws to make my owns.
Here is the result wich allow you to have both fan and HDD case all mounted on the original rubber pads.
Hope you like it.