DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
I was going to put in 2.5" SATA SSD in my case, but then I saw the power cables and data cables and I eventually decided to go with 2 M.2's.

Original plan was 512Gb M.2 + 256Gb 2.5" SATA
Final result was 1Tb M.2 + 512Gb M.2 + no extra cables/management needed!!

I would recommend you to go with at least 1 M.2 to use for your boot disk. Startup is insanely immediate.

Maybe I can use one M.2 behind the motherboard and one 2.5" with the bay on the front ? But then, I'm a bit afraid about the temperatures of the M.2...

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
I was going to put in 2.5" SATA SSD in my case, but then I saw the power cables and data cables and I eventually decided to go with 2 M.2's.

Original plan was 512Gb M.2 + 256Gb 2.5" SATA
Final result was 1Tb M.2 + 512Gb M.2 + no extra cables/management needed!!

I would recommend you to go with at least 1 M.2 to use for your boot disk. Startup is insanely immediate.

Do you have ASUS B450 board? What are the temperatures like of M.2 drives?
Edit: Noticed that you have ASRock Z390 in another post :)

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
I'm also interested.. I will have to put a M.2 behind my motherboard (z270i Gaming Pro Carbon AC) and I'm afraid about the temperatures..

I will probably use a M.2 Sata, but I'm still worried because the SSD will be between the CPU and the GPU...

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Hey guys, I found something that may be interesting.

While looking for more cooling solutions for the DanCase, I found the ID-Cooling IS-60. There is not a lot of reviews on it, but it seems to be a pretty good air cooler. And when you change the default fan for a Noctua NF A12x15, the results are even better, and it outperforms the Noctua L9i.

But it has a heigh of 55mm, so I was wondering if it would be possible to set it in the case with a window kit..

It could be a good alternative for some people.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
I'm also interested.. I will have to put a M.2 behind my motherboard (z270i Gaming Pro Carbon AC) and I'm afraid about the temperatures..

I will probably use a M.2 Sata, but I'm still worried because the SSD will be between the CPU and the GPU...

Might be able to help you with that.

See my thermal results of my Samsung 970PRO 512GB on my MSI Z270i Gaming Pro Carbon AC (rear mounted) in the DAN-A4 v3 with Corsair H55 on CPU and a Noctua 92mm fan under the motherboard after 2 performance benchmarks.

Reactions: advblue and Fazer

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Might be able to help you with that.

See my thermal results of my Samsung 970PRO 512GB on my MSI Z270i Gaming Pro Carbon AC (rear mounted) in the DAN-A4 v3 with Corsair H55 on CPU and a Noctua 92mm fan under the motherboard after 2 performance benchmarks.

Thanks for the info.

The temperatures are pretty hot..

I will go with a Sata M.2 instead of a NVME, so I guess I will have lower temps ?

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
I'm back with a new question for anyone that own an A4-SFX (sorry about the spam, I'm just so worried about my new build....)

I would like to use the Asetek 645LT AIO with the A4-SFX, but because of the height of my memory stick, I don't think that I will be able to make the AIO tubes go above the DIMM slots like on this build : https://i.redd.it/pzcavc2y08s21.jpg

So I was wondering if it would be possible to turn the pump to the other side and make the tubes go under the dimm slot. (like that : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/20/5/1558044052-original.jpg )

Hope you can understand what I mean, thanks.

Thanakun

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
www.reddit.com
I'm back with a new question for anyone that own an A4-SFX (sorry about the spam, I'm just so worried about my new build....)

I would like to use the Asetek 645LT AIO with the A4-SFX, but because of the height of my memory stick, I don't think that I will be able to make the AIO tubes go above the DIMM slots like on this build : https://i.redd.it/pzcavc2y08s21.jpg

So I was wondering if it would be possible to turn the pump to the other side and make the tubes go under the dimm slot. (like that : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/20/5/1558044052-original.jpg )

Hope you can understand what I mean, thanks.
im planning on doing the same thing as im using the gskill trident z.
i havent been able to find any sort of indication on here, but i asked the r/sff subreddit and i actually got asedan to respond to me showing me this build
its the only one i can find. but it does prove you can do it.

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
i havent been able to find any sort of indication on here, but i asked the r/sff subreddit and i actually got asedan to respond to me showing me this build

Awesome, just what I wanted to know, thank you.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019

I think the tubing on the 645 is longer as the 545 which makes it possible to do this.
On the 545, it was kind of impossible to do.

A friend solved this with an m2 extender!

Gues what I'm getting ;)
Thanks for the tip. Should have thought of that earlier.

Reactions: fabio and D10S

Thanakun

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
www.reddit.com
I was thinking with the ssd on the back and over heating issuses, if your running low profile ram and the noctua nhl9i, just use another set of motherboard stand offs and simply make the gap bigger. With a fan at the bottom. This should greatly improve temps.

I'm waiting for my case to arrive but I'm running the 645lt and some high profile ram. But I'm simply gonna run the tubes below the ram and lift the motherboard so my back ssd has more airflow with the bottom and top fan (modded top fan)

Reactions: Fazer

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
I was thinking with the ssd on the back and over heating issuses, if your running low profile ram and the noctua nhl9i, just use another set of motherboard stand offs and simply make the gap bigger. With a fan at the bottom. This should greatly improve temps.

I'm waiting for my case to arrive but I'm running the 645lt and some high profile ram. But I'm simply gonna run the tubes below the ram and lift the motherboard so my back ssd has more airflow with the bottom and top fan (modded top fan)

I'm exactly in the same case..

I wanted to go with an air cooler, but they all suck, or they can't be compatible with my (very) high profile RAM, so guess I will have to deal with the AIO despite the nightmares I already have about cable management...

Reactions: Thanakun

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019

Modded top fan? That requires a picture! Pleeeease? ?

Thanakun

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
www.reddit.com
Modded top fan? That requires a picture! Pleeeease? ?
im not the first to do this. its simply a 10mm fan up top and and 3d printed bracket.
im most likely gonna try fit a noctua 14mm fan up top by maybe, juts maybe vandalizing my case. but well will see when i get all the parts