DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Hey ! I have a new question for people that already own an A4-SFX.

My memory sticks are very tall... With an height of 50mm.. so I was wondering if they can fit in the case ? I'm a bit afraid because I know that the max height for coolers is 48mm.

Can someone check their case and tell me if it will fit ? Or maybe @dondan can give more info ? Thank you.

HFoletto

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2019
Hey ! I have a new question for people that already own an A4-SFX.

My memory sticks are very tall... With an height of 50mm.. so I was wondering if they can fit in the case ? I'm a bit afraid because I know that the max height for coolers is 48mm.

Can someone check their case and tell me if it will fit ? Or maybe @dondan can give more info ? Thank you.

According to the the specs on the website, the max memory height is 52 mm.

Just out of curiosity, what's the ram you have?

LiYonJin

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2019
It's touching the "separator" but I don't know how much heat can transfer by just touching. I have some extra thermal tape I could try later. I was afraid to do this since I would expect the GPU to heat it up.

Btw, I got a fan duct printed up and I realized I didn't even need the high profile ram version but it worked out perfectly in my case. The high ram profile side lines up perfectly with the ventilation holes on the side panel

your fan duct facing the wrong way

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
your fan duct facing the wrong way
He mentioned he has it oriented like that because it lines up with the case ventilation since he doesn't have high profile RAM.
It doesn't really matter which way he has it as long as it isn't upside down.

Reactions: fabio

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
If your CPU temps are 75-85°C while gaming there is no need to switch. You can also try to play with "Long Power Duration Limit" and Undervolting. Please check out the FAQ section on dan-cases.com

Yep. I will definitely try that and possibly undervolting.

Thanakun

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
www.reddit.com
can anyone with the 645lt tell me if having the fan as an intake or outtake is better?
and
can anyone tell me if having the second fan under the motherboard as an intake or outtake is better.
(im ok with lifting the case up with longer feet if thats a problem.)

Reactions: Hissitx and Khanza

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Done tinkering with the accessories for now...

Now that I picked up a new 'gaming' monitor (AOC G2590PX), it's time to play games, benchmarks, and system tweaking to make sure my temps stay under control.

Reactions: renecop545

anttip

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2019
I am super interested in this! Can you upload some pictures how did you fix the bifurcated riser and how it is linked to the pcieX riser!?? Thanks a lot!

I'll send pics once the setup is fixed. The model I got was this: https://peine-braun.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_59&product_id=54. This is the narrowest model, but there's no space for this either at the motherboard PCIE slot or at the GPU-side PCIE slot. So I plan to put another 5cm extension cable to have this card on the top GPU side, with Ethernet card connected facing down, and the other slot connected to the standard 30cm cable leading to the GPU a the bottom, through the standard route.

Aside from cramming one PCIE card on top of the GPU side and one on the bottom, you could use 2 low-profile devices, so both would have proper PCIE slots. I didn't find a bifurcation card that would fit, and many of the unbranded cards on eBay were reported not to work in some forum threads. Ameri-rack sells risers that could fit: http://www.ameri-rack.com/ARC2-PELY423-C7_m.html, but they don't respond to requests, and you can't find the risers from online. C_Payne custom makes the designs and is active in forums, so maybe he could make one especially to fit the Dan case.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'll send pics once the setup is fixed. The model I got was this: https://peine-braun.net/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=65_59&product_id=54. This is the narrowest model, but there's no space for this either at the motherboard PCIE slot or at the GPU-side PCIE slot. So I plan to put another 5cm extension cable to have this card on the top GPU side, with Ethernet card connected facing down, and the other slot connected to the standard 30cm cable leading to the GPU a the bottom, through the standard route.

Aside from cramming one PCIE card on top of the GPU side and one on the bottom, you could use 2 low-profile devices, so both would have proper PCIE slots. I didn't find a bifurcation card that would fit, and many of the unbranded cards on eBay were reported not to work in some forum threads. Ameri-rack sells risers that could fit: http://www.ameri-rack.com/ARC2-PELY423-C7_m.html, but they don't respond to requests, and you can't find the risers from online. C_Payne custom makes the designs and is active in forums, so maybe he could make one especially to fit the Dan case.
Actually, I've just received 3 bifurcated risers from Ameri-Rack. Ordered from their contact page, paid after their email through PayPal and received in 2 days. 4 Days for everything!
I got the 30cm and the 5cm. I think I will use the 30cm with these: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-uni-holder-50-70.
I hope will work!

Reactions: anttip

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Does anyone here know if it's possible to fit two 2.5" SSD in the DanCase if you have an Asetek AIO in it ?

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@dondan or anybody else: how do I go about changing the Long Duration Power Limit? In my BIOS, I see the setting which is set as AUTO, but it is grayed out and not selectable (can't modify). Do I need to enable something else first?

The trend with gaming is that my 1070 Ti is the bottleneck, and my 9700K sits around 60% usage @ ~72C. My goal is to bump down the CPU so that it only needs to have a little overhead on the GPU. Is this a good approach? If so, any ideas on how to accomplish that?

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
Hmmm, after actually checking it, I think there's room for another 2.5" drive under the motherboard, in place of the fan. But you'd need to figure out how to fix the drive in place. And the SATA power cable from the PSU should be thin and flexible to reach there.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
I already have the SSDs.. they come from my actual build with a Phanteks P400s

I was going to put in 2.5" SATA SSD in my case, but then I saw the power cables and data cables and I eventually decided to go with 2 M.2's.

Original plan was 512Gb M.2 + 256Gb 2.5" SATA
Final result was 1Tb M.2 + 512Gb M.2 + no extra cables/management needed!!

I would recommend you to go with at least 1 M.2 to use for your boot disk. Startup is insanely immediate.