DAN A4-SFX v4.1

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think I may need to go with the Asetek also...

If your CPU temps are 75-85°C while gaming there is no need to switch. You can also try to play with "Long Power Duration Limit" and Undervolting. Please check out the FAQ section on dan-cases.com

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Hello everybody.

It seems that the black version of the A4 is back on SFFLab

But the Silver version is still out of stock..

Do we have any idea when it will come back ? Thank you.

Reactions: HFoletto

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
I'm noticing my 970 Evo hits the mid 70s with a fan below it. The SSD is behind the mobo.

I don't have the stock copper heatsink (Label) since I had an EK heatsink on it but I just ordered a slim heatsink. I'm hoping it fits and reduces the temps.

It helps a lot!

Reactions: Hissitx

xprometheusx

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2019
Gotta say, I love this Dan Case. Thanks so much Dan, you designed an amazing case that was surprisingly easy to work in. Compact, powerful, and pretty good cooling.

Got all the components in on Sunday, and took it for work travel on Monday in my carry on and it is a beast. Overall the cooling has exceeded my expectations. Playing PUBG, I think max temp for CPU (8600K) was mid 70 degrees while gaming, but averaged around mid 50's. The cooler i used was an LP53 with a noctua fan fins oriented parallel to the RAM. I am planning on replacing the thermal paste with Grizzly Kryptonaut and hope it will reduce the temperature a little bit more. The GPU (1080ti FTW3) never went over 65 degrees celcius. Not sure if i made that much of an impact, but I also have a noctua under the PSU and under the motherboard tho.

CZero

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2018
I also had some problems with my Crucial MX500 M.2 on my Asus B450i.

Always gets over 70 Degrees. This never changed, no matter how i cooled my CPU (Water, Black Ridge etc.)
One of the Reasons is probably the chipset underneath the M.2 Slot.

As much as i like this Soundcard/M.2 Design, as much i ma hating it inside the Dan A4.

If the Crucial would be an NVMe i would install it behind the Motherboard and connect it with Thermalpads to the Case.
Could help or even make it worse.

Now i am using an M.2 to 2,5“ Adapter... ?‍♂️

Btw. Im using the Black Ride with 16GB Kingston VLP RAM (OC: 1,28V 3400mhz CL16) and an Ryzen 2600x 4 Ghz @ 1,21V

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Does anyone know if the countersunk screws for the case panels are typical or unique to Lian Li? It would be nice to buy screws that color match the case closer.

IIRC, the NCase M1 countersunk screws have a slightly different angle compared to standard M3 screws

LiYonJin

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2019
I still have the DAN A4 v1 and thinking about just ordering the 120mm AiO kit. Is it possible to just drill the four holes and install the AiO bracket? Or are there any other changes to fit a 120mm Aio?
you have to remove the front usb as it be in the way, probably better off with a fan cooler.

anttip

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2019
Just received custom PCIE bifurcation riser from C_Payne (https://peine-braun.net/shop/). Splitting the sole x16 PCIE slot to x8 GPU and x8 10Gbs Ethernet:

18-core stress test heats the components so that the 10Gb/s goes down to ~8.5Gb/s. Better component placing and cooling should reduce this loss. With x8 the maximum bandwidth is ~62Gb/s (~7.9GB/s), so this would be the max transfer bandwidth you can get with the DAN A4.

Cram time next. To be continued ...

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Just received custom PCIE bifurcation riser from C_Payne (https://peine-braun.net/shop/). Splitting the sole x16 PCIE slot to x8 GPU and x8 10Gbs Ethernet:

18-core stress test heats the components so that the 10Gb/s goes down to ~8.5Gb/s. Better component placing and cooling should reduce this loss. With x8 the maximum bandwidth is ~62Gb/s (~7.9GB/s), so this would be the max transfer bandwidth you can get with the DAN A4.

Cram time next. To be continued ...
I am super interested in this! Can you upload some pictures how did you fix the bifurcated riser and how it is linked to the pcieX riser!?? Thanks a lot!

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
I ended up buying a cheap heatsink and it reduced the temps dramatically. Around 20-25C in gaming for both temp sensors on the SSD. Here's what I bought.

It's about 1mm to thick so it does push on the motherboard stand slightly.
I'm noticing my 970 Evo hits the mid 70s with a fan below it. The SSD is behind the mobo.

I don't have the stock copper heatsink (Label) since I had an EK heatsink on it but I just ordered a slim heatsink. I'm hoping it fits and reduces the temps.

Reactions: Killinger

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
This should very strange to me! Is it possible that a tiny aluminum piece drops the temps of 20 degrees????
I never reinstalled the original Samsung copper heatsink/label. I'm guessing that made it perform worse. But yeah i'm still suprised by the temp drop since the temps in the Dan A4 is worse compared to my old M1 case. Then again maybe the bottom fan is helping to move around air behind the mobo.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
As he's mounted its ssd on the back of its mobo, this tiny piece should touch the gfx/mobo aluminium separator that finally act like a more bigger heatskink

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
As he's mounted its ssd on the back of its mobo, this tiny piece should touch the gfx/mobo aluminium separator that finally act like a more bigger heatskink
It's touching the "separator" but I don't know how much heat can transfer by just touching. I have some extra thermal tape I could try later. I was afraid to do this since I would expect the GPU to heat it up.

Btw, I got a fan duct printed up and I realized I didn't even need the high profile ram version but it worked out perfectly in my case. The high ram profile side lines up perfectly with the ventilation holes on the side panel