DAN A4-SFX v4.1

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@dondan is it possible to put another case fan underneath the PSU (in addition to a 92mm x 14mm Noctua fan under the mobo)? I'm thinking about routing my custom cables so that there is good clearance between the PSU cables and bottom of the case. Is there any benefit of running 2 case fans? Or is it totally negligible?

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
If you're willing to sell one I would be interested.
Got my 3D printer to redo the modified duct with lower layer height of 0.14mm (and in black) and it looks great!!!

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@Hanakuso it's probably too much hassle to get these out to you... The last print that I got (black color) had the best results... 0.14mm layer height with ABS material with 100% fill.

If @dondan is going to make another fan duct for high profile ram, then you'll be better off waiting for his design as it will have all the pretty fillets/chamfers etc. The original fan duct from Dan's website was structurally the strongest as it had a full circle/cone which provided a lot of rigidity. My modified design felt more flimsy because it didn't have the full circle/cone structure... but since this part is stationary, it won't be that big of a problem.

Reactions: PeGys

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
If you're willing to sell one I would be interested.
@Hanakuso it's probably too much hassle to get these out to you... The last print that I got (black color) had the best results... 0.14mm layer height with ABS material with 100% fill.

If @dondan is going to make another fan duct for high profile ram, then you'll be better off waiting for his design as it will have all the pretty fillets/chamfers etc. The original fan duct from Dan's website was structurally the strongest as it had a full circle/cone which provided a lot of rigidity. My modified design felt more flimsy because it didn't have the full circle/cone structure... but since this part is stationary, it won't be that big of a problem.

Might just be more interesting to get the .STL file and have it printed localy. I know, giving your design to others isn't always fun as you can get some earnings out of it :)

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@PeGys I don't worry about the money... I just care about having the best design for others. Dan provides his duct design for free, so I'm not trying to capitalize on some slight modification. I just know when working with my 3D printer guy, the STL file that I originally outputted from FreeCAD was missing the wall feature where I cut the part of the cone.. I tried exporting another STL file which had an extrusion that my 3D print guy deleted roughly in his solid modeling SW.

I just know whatever Dan puts out will be much more cleaner and ready for print just like his original design.

Hanakuso

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Getting the files would be awesome. If that ever becomes available i'll probably try it out.

I really wanted to use my Gentle Typhoon on my NH-L9i but it seems like using a duct will be better for noise.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
?? Look what came in today at my hotel in Taiwan...

I actually got the package before SFFLab had the chance to send me ship info/confirmation! Perks of being on business travel in Taiwan.

Unfortunately, I got the package today (Friday)... This is the day I fly back to home for family time... So I won’t get to build the in the V4 until next Monday evening. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer and advblue

Stryprod

Cable Smoosher
Mar 17, 2019
@PeGys I don't worry about the money... I just care about having the best design for others. Dan provides his duct design for free, so I'm not trying to capitalize on some slight modification. I just know when working with my 3D printer guy, the STL file that I originally outputted from FreeCAD was missing the wall feature where I cut the part of the cone.. I tried exporting another STL file which had an extrusion that my 3D print guy deleted roughly in his solid modeling SW.

I just know whatever Dan puts out will be much more cleaner and ready for print just like his original design.

If there is some way to get a complete file to share, please do, because there is no guarantee Dan will make a shroud for high profile RAM. You're the first one that I know of, so if you could share, that'd be great.

yqliang

What's an ITX?
Apr 30, 2019
I am new to the community and also anxiously waiting for the v4 now. I have not built an SFF system since 2014. Love the stuff here. I can help on CAD design. If anyone has something need to be worked on let me know.

Reactions: icymind

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Is the extra fan under the motherboard 14mm fan only ? or 15mm fan will works ? On the official V4 pics it looks like a 15mm fan.

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Im cautiously optimistic about it being able to support something like the slim noctuas, like the same kind as are on the kit from overclockersuk with the 645lt bundle.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
I have a 92x14mm Noctua that I will put in on Monday. What I would like to know is if 2 makes it better....