DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Finally got my custom cables from CableMod. Unfortunately, even after emailing them and asking for a custom 145mm 24PIN, instead of their minimum 250mm, I still received the 250mm. So, now I got a big ass PSU paracord hulking out that hopefully I'll be able to reorganize and guide out the GPU side and then back under the MOBO without too much trouble.

Also have to reroute the power cable up top and in turn hopefully get rid of that slight bump in the top panel there.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Finally got my custom cables from CableMod. Unfortunately, even after emailing them and asking for a custom 145mm 24PIN, instead of their minimum 250mm, I still received the 250mm. So, now I got a big ass PSU paracord hulking out that hopefully I'll be able to reorganize and guide out the GPU side and then back under the MOBO without too much trouble.

Also have to reroute the power cable up top and in turn hopefully get rid of that slight bump in the top panel there.

email them back. They did pretty good on my set and mistakes happen!

icymind

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2018
@dondan hello, I preorder a v4 case on sff.
Will AIO bracket available before the case begin to ship? It will be perfect if case and bracket ship together.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
From my side everythink is ready. Product information and pictures also the production is done since yesterday :)

So you have to wait til SFFLab update the shop and movement of inventory from Taiwan to China is done.

Cyruz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2019
Hi, i ordered my v4 from sfflab. Can‘t wait anymore, so i began with mounting from the rest. Now i stand before question Blackridge or L9i with shroud. I can only use a 92fan ( corsair lpx ) Which is better to cool a 9900k ( delidded and i know that i must throttle the CPU a bit , but the cpu is from my old system and already here )
I use a asrock phantom or a strix ( must modify blackridge fins for strix but thats ok for me but love the look of the board)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
To get a real thermal improvement with the black ridge you need VLP ram and a 120mm fan under it. So the easy way would be the Noctua L9i or LP53 with fan duct.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
To get a real thermal improvement with the black ridge you need VLP ram and a 120mm fan under it. So the easy way would be the Noctua L9i or LP53 with fan duct.

Hello and thanks in advance for your atention. I’ve seen the 120mm config and it is hands down the more powerfull one. Nonetheless I’m in a similar situation that Cyruz with the LPX Corsair, so the only option is a 92mm fan.
Perhaps this had been asked before but... on an identical scenario, wich is 92mm blowing towards motherboard + duct mod there is always preferable to choose coolers like I9i/LP53/Dynatron 129 over the rest or BlackRidge would also perform similar (without any chance of turbulence issues due to panel clearance)?
Thank you

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
From my side everythink is ready. Product information and pictures also the production is done since yesterday :)

So you have to wait til SFFLab update the shop and movement of inventory from Taiwan to China is done.

@dondan Great! So SFFLab would transition the cases to China to distribute? If I’m delivering to Taiwan, the cases would still go through China? I’m confused...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Tsuchinoko I am not "Asetek @AseDen" and I am not "SFFLab @Wahaha360" so I can only answer questions about "DAN Cases" products.
@omardesu For more details please ask SFFLab.

@SiKiaTriK: For a 92mm build your best option would be L9i/L9a/LP53 or Dynatron 129 because with Fan-Duct they outperform the BlackRidge. Furhtermore only heatsinks like the Cryorig C7 that comes very close to the side panel has turbulence issues.
- Keep in mind that my offered 3D Fan Duct file will only fit on L9i/L9a.

Candyhands

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 26, 2019
So I see that the new version of the A4 has a new mount for a 92mm case fan under the motherboard. Is that the same slot the the 92mm aio would go? So would it be possible to do both. And if not, would the AIO for a noctua cooler+case can fare better for the system?(I'm planning on using a 2700x)

Tsuchinoko

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2018
you need to bleed it better, by moving it about as you fill it to remove the air bubbles
That is one of my mistakes. But if you turn the pump all the air will be hidden in the radiator.
I am planning to purchase Asetek 645LT and will go along with gray coolant and BitsPower Fitting (for coolant replacement).
The Asetek 545LC is a very nice AIO, but it is very difficult to handle without distorting the tube.

Cardant

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2019
@dondan
Hi, do you recommend a blower style GPU in the A4v4 ?
I'll be running a 9600k with an asetek 645lt.
Also, should I use a low profile 92mm fan or a normal sized one under the motherboard ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@dondan
Hi, do you recommend a blower style GPU in the A4v4 ?
I'll be running a 9600k with an asetek 645lt.
Also, should I use a low profile 92mm fan or a normal sized one under the motherboard ?
Onlt for noise, I sugggest a NO blower style GPU.
And Under the motherboard you cna only mount a slim fan.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
That is one of my mistakes. But if you turn the pump all the air will be hidden in the radiator.
I am planning to purchase Asetek 645LT and will go along with gray coolant and BitsPower Fitting (for coolant replacement).
The Asetek 545LC is a very nice AIO, but it is very difficult to handle without distorting the tube.

I think that with the 645LT you can route the cable under your ram without doing your custom tubes!

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
For all those that pre-ordered the V4, SFFLab just sent an email saying they will start to fulfill orders from 5/3 to 5/8, so make sure your shipping addresses are correct!

Can't wait!!!

Reactions: xpt11