DAN A4-SFX v4.1

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
I currently work on the C4-SFX a ~10L case with similar size. Furthermore I plan to redesign the A4-SFX next year/end of the year completely with support for the Noctua L12S in 8L
@dondan I don't think you should redesign the A4, beyond 7.2L, unless you're creating a new product. I believe your product should evolve within the constraints of it's existing demensions. The appeal of the A4 is that it is restricted to 7.2L but accommodates a full sized GPU; this is why I source products like the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATC and 400W AC-DC brick. Adapting and innovating components to your design are what breeds creativity in our niche, not conformity to the demands for change to the existing demensions.

Reactions: Kilrah and LiYonJin

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
I also think that it should be a new line.

The A4-SFX as it is now is unique, is getting to be near-perfect, especially with all the new products that support it.

There's already a lot of similar competing products if the A4 becomes bigger.

Reactions: glow

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
An SFXL perhaps? Enough room for a 120mm AIO instead of the 92mm as well? Of course, once you get to that size, you're competing with both the Ghost S1 and the Mjolnir. But there's not enough internal room in the Ghost S1 to fit an AIO and you should be able to be both smaller, lighter and much cheaper than the Mjolnir, while also supporting the larger Noctua L12S that neither of those cases can support. I can definitely see a spot for it and definitely something I'd consider.

LiYonJin

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2019
@dondan I don't think you should redesign the A4, beyond 7.2L, unless you're creating a new product. I believe your product should evolve within the constraints of it's existing demensions. The appeal of the A4 is that it is restricted to 7.2L but accommodates a full sized GPU; this is why I source products like the HDPLEX 400W DC-ATC and 400W AC-DC brick. Adapting and innovating components to your design are what breeds creativity in our niche, not conformity to the demands for change to the existing demensions.

I totally agree, the case litre size at 7.25L can be kept the same its the perfect size, we already know what can be done on the next design, like flipping the case upside down to drop the temp by 10c, addtional vent holes at the back for a x1 40mm fan, moving the type c port to the gpu side for more clearance, bigger cutout from 92mm to 100mm fan under motherboard but in this case above(if the case flipped) a delete on the sdd bracket as I feel the future is m.2 and we should push forward to better tech along with the case. thats my 2cent

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I totally agree, the case litre size at 7.25L can be kept the same its the perfect size, we already know what can be done on the next design, like flipping the case upside down to drop the temp by 10c, addtional vent holes at the back for a x1 40mm fan, moving the type c port to the gpu side for more clearance, bigger cutout from 92mm to 100mm fan under motherboard but in this case above(if the case flipped) a delete on the sdd bracket as I feel the future is m.2 and we should push forward to better tech along with the case. thats my 2cent

I'm with you on everything except I wish Dan would offer a power button only version. I'd honestly have a Dan A4 already if it didn't have the front USB connection. I thought V4 was going to grab me since the type C connection is so small, but even that still really bothers me. I realize that's super nit-picky, but I've been so close to buying an A4 so many times, and it's the deal breaker every single time. It just ruins an otherwise stunning design for me.

Reactions: Multiplexer

glow

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2019
Yikes, here I am hoping the existing case will eventually add a 3.5mm front panel audio jack. Even a sideport near the front would be palatable to me.

btsfreak

Cable Smoosher
Apr 1, 2019

I dont really understand why so many people want to eradicate 2.5" drives. If you do you will kill every market for people who actually want to do work with those cases. As long as you M.2 doesnt offer 8TB for under 300USD, please keep the option of 2 x 15mm drives (which will give you 8TB of storage at (near-)SSD speed in RAID 0 configuration)

Stryprod

Cable Smoosher
Mar 17, 2019
I'm only using a M.2 drive, but I agree.

The bracket is already optional, so it can be used or deleted by the user.

I dont really understand why so many people want to eradicate 2.5" drives. If you do you will kill every market for people who actually want to do work with those cases. As long as you M.2 doesnt offer 8TB for under 300USD, please keep the option of 2 x 15mm drives (which will give you 8TB of storage at (near-)SSD speed in RAID 0 configuration)

Darch

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2018
Guys, I'm on the verge of pre-ordering an A4, but I just want to ask about GPU temps.... Existing A4 owners, who are running high end cards, are temps okay with only a dual slot cooler? What have your experiences been like?

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
Guys, I'm on the verge of pre-ordering an A4, but I just want to ask about GPU temps.... Existing A4 owners, who are running high end cards, are temps okay with only a dual slot cooler? What have your experiences been like?

With the evga 1080ti sc with a little bit of OC 60 on core 550 on memory, highest I got is 68 degrees and fans are set to 50-60%. Without OC it stays usually around 64 degrees. Fan speed around 50%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darch

OVauny

What's an ITX?
Apr 12, 2019
You only need to order the 120mm AIO bracket if you need it (It will be available in April on SFFLab). Everything else is included.

Hey dan, just a quick question if you wouldn’t mind. Do you think the NZXT Kraken M22 aio cooler would fit in the V4 with a Corsair sfx PSU and a full sized graphics card? NZXT claims that the m22 block is 48mm tall which is what you claim is the limit for the V4 however I’m unsure whether the radiator will still fit with the internal PSU and a full sized gpu. If not do you have any suggestions? Thanks :)

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
Anyone got the asetek 645LT already? can someone confirm if you can install taller ram sticks and tuck it below instead of the common top config? 645 have a longer tube than 545. No one has a clear answer yet if it can go on the bottom of the ram stick and not above it.

meganfarr

Efficiency Noob
Feb 6, 2019
I have just pre-ordered the Dan Case V4 and got the Asetek 645LT bundle from Overclockers - I have a i7-9700k, and want a 2080Ti - my question is, what is the best card? I was thinking blower style or EVGA Black?

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Tried the new ADT riser today on my A4, and had difficulty making sense of it. If I route the riser on the GPU side, it will put pressure on the GPU, and push it towards the sidepanel. And if I route it behind the motherboard, it puts so strong pressure against the motherboad panel that the panel deforms. I am a bit worried if this ADT riser gets shipped by default with the v4 revision.

Anyone else having a similiar experience with the ADT riser? I went back to the original 3M riser that seems to work best.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Anyone got the asetek 645LT already? can someone confirm if you can install taller ram sticks and tuck it below instead of the common top config? 645 have a longer tube than 545. No one has a clear answer yet if it can go on the bottom of the ram stick and not above it.

I've got mine yesterday and did a small unboxing (in german tho :D )
but if you're just interested in the look and bundle which is sold by Overclockers UK...check it out!

In my opinion the tubing can be arranged more flexible around the mainboard and with those 90 degree fittings used on the radiator you can now mount the radiator with the tubing to the right side (closer to the mainbaord) before the 645LT you had to rout the tubing with the 545LC from left to right and with that short the tubing leangth even more! The tubing itself has the same diameter as the one before but is a few cm longer. (the main benefit in lenght will come from the radiator orientation and routing of the tubing!) So I will try it out as I have some Trident Z here (3600MHz CL15 ready for RYZEN 3000 :D ) and my Corsair LPX for general testing purposes. The issue: I dont have the Dan A4 v4 here and will have to wait for the upcomming month and the availablity through Caseking!

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
I've got mine yesterday and did a small unboxing (in german tho :D )
but if you're just interested in the look and bundle which is sold by Overclockers UK...check it out!

In my opinion the tubing can be arranged more flexible around the mainboard and with those 90 degree fittings used on the radiator you can now mount the radiator with the tubing to the right side (closer to the mainbaord) before the 645LT you had to rout the tubing with the 545LC from left to right and with that short the tubing leangth even more! The tubing itself has the same diameter as the one before but is a few cm longer. (the main benefit in lenght will come from the radiator orientation and routing of the tubing!) So I will try it out as I have some Trident Z here (3600MHz CL15 ready for RYZEN 3000 :D ) and my Corsair LPX for general testing purposes. The issue: I dont have the Dan A4 v4 here and will have to wait for the upcomming month and the availablity through Caseking!

So would it be possible for you to rotate the tubing from the end of the radiator? If you change the orientation, the tubing will be facing away from the board isn't?

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
So would it be possible for you to rotate the tubing from the end of the radiator? If you change the orientation, the tubing will be facing away from the board isn't?

Yes. It’s 360 degrees rotatable! :) so both fittings can be arranged as you need it and the radiator can be mounted as you desire. (biggest change from the 545LC to 645LT in my opinion and a great one tho...sure it’s 6th Gen pump and quieter for sure! :D ) Cheers

Reactions: AseDen

J-R

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2019
Yes. It’s 360 degrees rotatable! :) so both fittings can be arranged as you need it and the radiator can be mounted as you desire. (biggest change from the 545LC to 645LT in my opinion and a great one tho...sure it’s 6th Gen pump and quieter for sure! :D ) Cheers
Awesome! Thanks mate, just placed my order. This is gonna be great!

Darch

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2018
With the evga 1080ti sc with a little bit of OC 60 on core 550 on memory, highest I got is 68 degrees and fans are set to 50-60%. Without OC it stays usually around 64 degrees. Fan speed around 50%.
Thanks J-R. I'm currently thinking of the 2080 SC, so that should be fine then, if the 1080 Ti equivalent works well. Cheers!