DAN A4-SFX v4.1

blno

Efficiency Noob
Nov 27, 2018
I have just finished the initial build in a Dan A4 v2. I must say the case is very well designed. When building I definitely noticed little features everywhere that were well thought-of (like the oblong hole at the front top which allows to route GPU power cables in the front for example).

I have one suggestion for the next version @dondan : drill holes in the middle plate in front of the motherboard heatsink screws. That would allow to disassemble the CPU heatsink without removing the motherboard. It's much easier to remove the GPU than the motherboard (which is impossible to remove without removing the PSU and many cables).

If I dissassemble one day I'd definitely drill those holes.

Reactions: anttip and fabio

Admiral

Cable Smoosher
Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys here are all changes for A4-SFX v4

- changed to the drive bay so it will support 15mm thick drives

With best regards
Daniel

Please consider the space occupied by that drive cage. There is a lot of space there — instead of a bracket accommodating just one 15mm drive inside the cage, with a second 15mm drive clinging to the top, give a try to a double-decker cage which holds two 15mm drives and an optional third drive clinging to the top.

The 4TB and 5TB 2.5" drives are 15mm. Allowing us to cram in up the three of them makes the case very usable for a video workstation. Not all of us are gamers.

eder13

What's an ITX?
Jan 6, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a Dan Case A4 v1 since almost 2 years and I still love it!
But now I want to put a 120mm AIO together with the HDPLEX 400 in it.

I can cut the mounting holes by myself, that wouldn't be that hard but I would need this AIO shield from the v3
to install the radiator - is there any way to get this AIO shield seperately?

I somewhere read that it will be available at sfflab, can anyone say when?

Cheers,
eder

jiroda

Case Bender
Jan 7, 2019
Hi, I recently got my Dan A4 SFX and I have a couple questions related to building it and would be
very grateful if some one here could answer them for me.
Parts List : https://pcpartpicker.com/user/jiroda/saved/#view=mxsLkL

I am using a Asetek 545 LC for AIO cooling the CPU

1. The power switch cable (2 PIN ) on the DAN A4 Sfx is very small for me to connect all the way to the ports on my mother board Asus ROG STRIX Z390 - I .From reading the manual , I think the port is located below the PCIE slot and above the NVME SSD but iam not sure exactly which ones, can some one help me identifying these ?. What would be the solution for increasing the length of the power cable on the DAN case ? Do I need to get an extension wire? If so can you provide me a link ?

2. I have the corsair SF 600 platinum which came with braided cables and I spent close to 3 hours to arrange them such that they dont block the fans but I am unsuccessful, can some one point me to a build with detailed instructions and pics ? Should get some custom sleeved cables of shorter lengths from cablemod or mode-one ? I also need the lengths for these cables if any one has already tried custom sleeving.

Cheers,
Jiroda

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes Caseking will have the black version. The bracket will be available through SFFLab.

Reactions: JDK

Desertf0x9

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 13, 2018
You can fit the aio with the stock sf platinum individually sleeved cables. Took me several hours of trial and error but I got it done. I'll post pictures later showing how I did it.

I can also fit the power pin onto the Asus strix z390 I'll take a pic of it as well.

jiroda

Case Bender
Jan 7, 2019
You can fit the aio with the stock sf platinum individually sleeved cables. Took me several hours of trial and error but I got it done. I'll post pictures later showing how I did it.

I can also fit the power pin onto the Asus strix z390 I'll take a pic of it as well.

Thanks that will be great !

seamon

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2017
Somebody asked me how did I fit 3 x 5TB 2.5" drive inside the Dancase, I say "Courage!"

Specs are

Intel core i9 9900K
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
2x16GB Corsair LPX 2800Mhz RAM
Corsair SF600
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Crucial MX500 2TB
3x Seagate 2.5" 5TB HDDs

Seriously though, I feel I am addicted to cramming. Where do I go from here? There's nothing left to upgrade :(

Reactions: Drnrcr

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019
Somebody asked me how did I fit 3 x 5TB 2.5" drive inside the Dancase, I say "Courage!"

Specs are

Intel core i9 9900K
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
Corsair SF600
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Crucial MX500 2TB
3x Seagate 2.5" 5TB HDDs

Seriously though, I feel I am addicted to cramming. Where do I go from here? There's nothing left to upgrade :(

Hell yA I love this. Looks great and spec wise honestly impressive.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Have you guys seen the angled 24pin from Cooler Master here at CES? That might make a lot of sense for the Dan Case A4 wiring.... Especially for liquid cooling with the 545LC (and new one we're coming with)

Drnrcr

Caliper Novice
Jan 1, 2019
Have you guys seen the angled 24pin from Cooler Master here at CES? That might make a lot of sense for the Dan Case A4 wiring.... Especially for liquid cooling with the 545LC (and new one we're coming with)

Not yet hopefully a picture can be posted in here to see.

phantoms7

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 27, 2018

Specs are

Intel core i9 9900K
Nvidia RTX 2080Ti
Corsair SF600
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB
Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Crucial MX500 2TB
3x Seagate 2.5" 5TB HDDs

Hi seamon,
What is your CPU cooler assembled of?
What are your CPU temps under Aida64 or any other CPU temp test?
I see you changed the PSU fan with Noctua NF-A9, does it make sense? Noise reduction?

Last edited:

Florens

Chassis Packer
Jan 9, 2019
Yes Caseking will have the black version. The bracket will be available through SFFLab.
That's great news, with it being completely unlisted I thought they were going to stop selling them. I'm still very torn between the Dan A4 and S4 Mini (no offense :p), I guess it's ease of building and lower price vs more compactness.

Unrelated: I'm very new to this all and I've seen people talk about installing an HDPlex 400 in this case. I thought that the HDPlex was a DC-DC converter, why do you need that in a case that has room for a full SFX AC-DC power supply?

JDK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
That's great news, with it being completely unlisted I thought they were going to stop selling them.
I was also worried they'd just sell the silver version. ^^

Unrelated: I'm very new to this all and I've seen people talk about installing an HDPlex 400 in this case. I thought that the HDPlex was a DC-DC converter, why do you need that in a case that has room for a full SFX AC-DC power supply?
It saves space in the case. That way you can install a better cooler for example.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Just ordered the new riser cable because the one shipped with my v3 is just way to long imho.
Next week I'll be receiving my asetek 545LC and I can start rebuilding it.

Looking forward to finally be able to close the case and use it as my daily driver.

Been looking forward to building this case for so long and I can only say, great job designing this case dondan !

Just found out about the C4 today, so I'll be keeping an eye open when that one comes out as the only regret I have is not being able to watercool my GPU.

Reactions: AseDen