DAN A4-SFX v4.1

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I think the stock feet are just glued on? FWIW, I don't have an issue with my case sliding. I have my case on a laminate desk surface, and the desk has a raised edge all around.

duke00

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2016
Rly nice build, which material you use for the frames? And which cpu and gpu cooler you are use?
The only think that i dont like be the visible screws on the sidepanal

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
This looks so neat. I always liked the gray case over the black one but the community generals like the black. This might be the best looking one to me. Did you 3D print the frames? Cpu cooler seems like an NH-L9i with 25mm high pressure Noctua fan.

sam_no90

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 22, 2018
Rly nice build, which material you use for the frames? And which cpu and gpu cooler you are use?
The only think that i dont like be the visible screws on the sidepanal

This looks so neat. I always liked the gray case over the black one but the community generals like the black. This might be the best looking one to me. Did you 3D print the frames? Cpu cooler seems like an NH-L9i with 25mm high pressure Noctua fan.

I use 10mm thick transparent black acrylic panel for these frame, And they are maching with laser cutting. Laser cutting is much lower cost than 3D print, these 2 frames only cost me 90 rmb (almost 15usd). You also have a lot of color to choose from. But I have to use screws.

As the frame is 10mm thick, I can us 58mm cpu cooler. I choose gamer storm Gabriel for this build. This heatsink is 40mm without the fan. I use Noctua A12x15(I paint fans into black), So the total height is 55mm. Gabriel have great capability over ITX mobo, And it also performs good. The room temp is 25℃, It can keep a de-lidded i7 8700 at 75℃.

My GPU is powercolor vega56 red dragon. It only fit without fan shield. I also use an acrylic frame to mounting the fans.

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2018
Ok, so am modifying my build a bit. Instead of the core i-5 8600K I am going to go with the core i-7 8700K as a CPU. Do you all think it's still safe/acceptable to stick with the NH-L9i Noctua? I am not going to delid as I have zero experience with doing that and dont want to risk damaging the CPU.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Don't expect it to be super quiet and keep your fan curve conservative until you have a good idea of what to expect under various loads.

sam_no90

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 22, 2018
Ok, so am modifying my build a bit. Instead of the core i-5 8600K I am going to go with the core i-7 8700K as a CPU. Do you all think it's still safe/acceptable to stick with the NH-L9i Noctua? I am not going to delid as I have zero experience with doing that and dont want to risk damaging the CPU.

An delided 8700 with L9i will reach 100℃ in summer. I think you should change a CPU cooler and delid your CPU.

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2018
An delided 8700 with L9i will reach 100℃ in summer. I think you should change a CPU cooler and delid your CPU.
What cooler would you suggest? Also, I have not liked the idea of delidding as i said, since I have zero experience with it. I've watched a few youtube videos. Let me ask this: do you or others on this forum suggest that it's really not that difficult? I definitely dont want to burn things up. If I should use a better cooling system I will.

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
What cooler would you suggest? Also, I have not liked the idea of delidding as i said, since I have zero experience with it. I've watched a few youtube videos. Let me ask this: do you or others on this forum suggest that it's really not that difficult? I definitely dont want to burn things up. If I should use a better cooling system I will.
Delidding is not difficult at all, did it twice on my own without any previous experience - everything went as planned and none of the CPU's died. In fact, they both got almost 15° cooler!

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2018
Delidding is not difficult at all, did it twice on my own without any previous experience - everything went as planned and none of the CPU's died. In fact, they both got almost 15° cooler!
Interesting. I am kind of waffling again on the CPU. Recent reading and research I've done seems to suggest that an 8600K is actually quite capable for what I want to do (gaming) and the bump to the 8700K isn't worth the extra $$ (and potentially heat management) in this case. No pun intended. Still, I do want to cool things properly and for me, money is no object on the cooler. if the Noctua or Cryorig are the best solutions I'll go with them. Maybe I'll also be a little more open-minded and look into the delidding a little more.

sam_no90

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 22, 2018

I think keep using 8600K is the best solution for you.

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the feedback. I consider myself somewhat proficient in PC builds, but this SFF build is a first for me and it's been very helpful to hear feedback and read through these forums!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I'm planning a build right now and wondering technically the v3 can fit 2 x 120mm rad if I go with HDPlex 400W and an ITX GPU like the Vega Nano? So like 2 x Alphacool Eisbaer LT120 possible?

Last edited:

duke00

Average Stuffer
May 27, 2016
Its not official support but its possible. You need to fit the hd plex on the bottom unter the gpu. Then you can mount a 120mm AiO on GPU and CPU side.

Reactions: thelaughingman

GenK

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 14, 2018
is there any better option for an AiO than the Astek 92er? (I don't want a 120mm AiO and that weird PSU or a shorter graphics card)

Shipping cost and time are very high...

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I think there is no room for the loop
I think there could be enough space, cause 1 loop is on the MB side, 1 loop is on the graphic card side. Heck I'm even thinking of leaving 1 radiator without fan and have 1 fan cool both radiators at the same time through horizontal airflow.