DAN A4-SFX v4.1

yaj

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 6, 2018
I recommend installing the radiator and fan first. Fan should be pulling air through the radiator. Plug in the front I/O next. Route the PWR and usb3 cables as best as you can. Followed by slowly angling the PSU, with all the cables already plugged in, into place. The PSU cables will be very tightly bent. The radiator tubing will able be bent very tightly. Just make sure the tubing isn’t kinked, and no cables are inside the fan. Secure PSU. Plug the PSU cables into motherboard last. If you want to push air through the radiator out of the case, you'll need to get a 92mm fan grill to keep cables and tubing out of the fan. But space will be even tighter with the grill. Some of the excess 24pin and 8pin cables may be tucked under the motherboard. You’ll also need low profile ram in order to close the side cover.
Good luck!

Thank you very much for your answer. Will try it again. maybe i have to be more rude concerning the cable bending....
Anyway the free space on your picture looks pretty good. do you have 2x PCIE cables plugged in? Does the cable tucked under the motherboard affect anything (temperature of motherboard etc.)?
Greetings.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Thank you very much for your answer. Will try it again. maybe i have to be more rude concerning the cable bending....
Anyway the free space on your picture looks pretty good. do you have 2x PCIE cables plugged in? Does the cable tucked under the motherboard affect anything (temperature of motherboard etc.)?
Greetings.
I only had one PCIE plugged in. Make sure you feed the PCIE over to the GPU side before trying to position PSU in place.
One other disclaimer is that I don’t have any SATA powered components, since I’m only using M.2 drives. So that’s two unused connectors in my Silverstone SX650.

voicesinyourhead

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 22, 2018
Hello! I'm currently building with a similar components like yours, just wanted to ask if are those the corsair vengeance lpx rams? I saw this current pic you posted and it looks like it fits with the 545lc nicely and can close the case with standard side panels w/o any problems.

Thanks and best regards!

I recommend installing the radiator and fan first. Fan should be pulling air through the radiator. Plug in the front I/O next. Route the PWR and usb3 cables as best as you can. Followed by slowly angling the PSU, with all the cables already plugged in, into place. The PSU cables will be very tightly bent. The radiator tubing will able be bent very tightly. Just make sure the tubing isn’t kinked, and no cables are inside the fan. Secure PSU. Plug the PSU cables into motherboard last. If you want to push air through the radiator out of the case, you'll need to get a 92mm fan grill to keep cables and tubing out of the fan. But space will be even tighter with the grill. Some of the excess 24pin and 8pin cables may be tucked under the motherboard. You’ll also need low profile ram in order to close the side cover.
Good luck!

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
Hey guys! Wanted to share my V2 build over here! Really like the build quality and size of the case. It makes the NCASE M1 feel huge in comparison! I need to come up with a better solution for CPU cooling as my 7700k hit 86C just tinkering around in Adobe Lightroom (it's delidded too). Anyway, I made the PSU cables for it myself and I'm pretty proud of them! Here are a few pictures:

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey guys! Wanted to share my V2 build over here! Really like the build quality and size of the case. It makes the NCASE M1 feel huge in comparison! I need to come up with a better solution for CPU cooling as my 7700k hit 86C just tinkering around in Adobe Lightroom (it's delidded too). Anyway, I made the PSU cables for it myself and I'm pretty proud of them! Here are a few pictures:

Really nice, clean build. Those cables look amazing with the Noctua fans. :thumb:

Reactions: pslate

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hello! I'm currently building with a similar components like yours, just wanted to ask if are those the corsair vengeance lpx rams? I saw this current pic you posted and it looks like it fits with the 545lc nicely and can close the case with standard side panels w/o any problems.

Thanks and best regards!
Thanks. Yes those are the Corsair Vengenxe LPX ram. Low enough to let the AIO tubing go over, and the side panel to close.

Sigurd

Chassis Packer
Jan 24, 2018
@Sigurd
May i ask how you connect your fan & AIO pins to motherboards ? in which port for each ? do you use splitters for fans on case side ?

How you can close case side since you have AIO cooler? Fit ok ? from threads i understand that we need Window kit to achieve fitting AIO cooler
i used a splitter for the fan yes, its follow with the Noctuna fan :) The case close fine, you just have to work the cabels and the tubes a bit !

gppanter

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2018
Hello, newbie here to SFF...
I just ordered the v3 and I am excited as it will be my first ever sff build attempt. I was hoping that someone (Dan, maybe??) would be able to advise on a cooling solution based on my planned parts list:

DAN SFX v3
ASRock Z370-i Fatal1ty Mobo
Intel Core i5 8600K CPU
Silverstone SST SX650-G
G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB (16GB)

A side question I have is, I know I will also be using an m2 drive (bottom of mobo) but will this case also support one or two 2.5" SSDs?
Thanks for any feedback!

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com

I'm really sorry if it gets asked often, but what cooler is this? I'm seriously looking to get rid of my Asetek 545lc (don't like the look, and planning on a 120mm rad some time in the future). In the meantime though, I'd like a beefy aircooler like this one, so can anyone tell me what it's called or maybe give me a suggestion on something similar? Thanks in advance!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I'm really sorry if it gets asked often, but what cooler is this? I'm seriously looking to get rid of my Asetek 545lc (don't like the look, and planning on a 120mm rad some time in the future). In the meantime though, I'd like a beefy aircooler like this one, so can anyone tell me what it's called or maybe give me a suggestion on something similar? Thanks in advance!
Thermalright AXP 100 Copper. I think it was a limited run, and not available anymore. It had to be modded slightly (removed bottom support bracket, and heatpipes slighty bent) to fit a 92mm fan underneath.

Woxys

Chassis Packer
Jan 20, 2016
I did search this thread and also on the [H] forum but maybe i missed it, any news on that new version of the case feet? I'm a owner of a V1 and i would very much like if i can replace the stock feet, they are very slippery. Can we buy them separately?

Pedro

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2017
I did search this thread and also on the [H] forum but maybe i missed it, any news on that new version of the case feet? I'm a owner of a V1 and i would very much like if i can replace the stock feet, they are very slippery. Can we buy them separately?

This is a good question. So I have a v3 running a Asatek 545LC radiator that pulls from the bottom of the case. When I moved the case from flat on my desk to a raised grated shelf the air flow under the case increased so much that the CPU saw a 3c temp drop (under gaming loads). I think a set of raised feet would do a lot for this case.

OR

If there was a bracket that allowed folding legs on the bottom of the case, like on the bottom of a keyboard. Steel of course & not plastic though.