DAN A4-SFX v4.1

rohitruls

Case Bender
Jan 14, 2019
Hi DonDan, I am new to the Forum and very excited to get my First PC build up. I am waiting for the A4-SFX v4 to be out fr the build.
Do you have an estimate of how long it might take to finalize and manufacture the A4 sfx v4 cases? and approximately which month they will become available for purchase? :)

HeedHunter

Case Bender
Feb 14, 2019
I'm moving from a small a lot modded Phenom M to A4 this spring. Planning to go Corsair SF600, Gigabyte Windforce RTX2080, hopefully 3600x if they come early, some 3200Mhz RAM and propably AsRock Fatal1ty B450 mobo. Should be a decent build, defitinely with 3600x and I'll propably be running them stock as the gaming performance hasn't improved by a ton by OC. NH-9L for the CPU cooler.

Glass panel, top panel from PC, 7600k delid @4,7Ghz/1,24Vcore/under 60c on gaming, MSI 1070@2114Mhz/8800Mhz/48-50c on gaming.

Just a upgrade addiction, would love to play games with youtube too as it starts to lag sometimes with the 7600k. It's super custom build and cool but the tiny air cooled powerhouse would be better. And I'd go to LAN parties at times too.

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
@rohitruls: I hope they will be ready on SFFLabs end of March. For OcUK and Caseking 1 month later.

@dondan Can't wait til this comes out! I literally made up my mind for a SFF build with the A4 just a few hours ago (spent the last 3 days going back and forth between that and a SFF+eGPU). This V4 news was the final nail in the coffin for me...

Scuph

Chassis Packer
Feb 14, 2019
In the original post about the V4 additions, one addition was for "adding mointpoints over the motherboard for 120mm AIO bracket to be able to mount a 120mm fan above motherboard". Are there any renders of this, or possibly any pictures?

Last edited:

HeedHunter

Case Bender
Feb 14, 2019
I spent some money from savings too and got the rest of the parts for the build. Will post pics of finished product hopefully mid next week.

Btw an opinion of the case from a guy from Finland. It was 250 euros at Finnish gaming store. Got the last black V3. It was "a bit pricy", but after seeing the build quality, reading the custom stuff with riser, the front usb, compability with PSU's, AIO's etc I feel it's pricing is pretty fair.

I defitinely knew what I was buying and this case does deliver just that. Interesting to see noise levels and temps are with this case.

rohitruls

Case Bender
Jan 14, 2019
@rohitruls: I hope they will be ready on SFFLabs end of March. For OcUK and Caseking 1 month later.

@dondan : Thanks for the prompt update. I will wait to order the parts till the Case is ready for sale. :)

It would be amazing to see a special order or an early access link for the forum members to order from the first production batch (if possible ofcourse)

Thanks again! Can't wait to order it. :)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@dondan Hello Dan! I would like to as one thing:
On a full AIR config, so a Noctua L9i and a 92mm fan under the PSU, it's better to use VLP ram for airflow, or doesn't matter?

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Good timing for your that question fabio. I just finished my build and my objective was to maximize air volume within the case. Did that by using stock ribbon cables, LPX ram, modding the daisy chain of sata power connectors (for front mounted ssd), removed the m.2 heatsink which I was not using to allow air to flow out of the vertically oriented noctua L9i fins, tried to keep the ribbon power cables in a vertical fashion or to deflect air from the bottom case fan towards the motherboard. Intel tuning utility reports that my cpu at idle is 32 degrees celcius. Is that any good for this case? I haven’t had time to run any stress tests yet. Running an i5 8400 stock with thermal grizzley kryonaut.
[/url] [/IMG]

Reactions: advblue

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Good timing for your that question fabio. I just finished my build and my objective was to maximize air volume within the case. Did that by using stock ribbon cables, LPX ram, modding the daisy chain of sata power connectors (for front mounted ssd), removed the m.2 heatsink which I was not using to allow air to flow out of the vertically oriented noctua L9i fins, tried to keep the ribbon power cables in a vertical fashion or to deflect air from the bottom case fan towards the motherboard. Intel tuning utility reports that my cpu at idle is 32 degrees celcius. Is that any good for this case? I haven’t had time to run any stress tests yet. Running an i5 8400 stock with thermal grizzley kryonaut.
[/url]
[/IMG]
I don’t k is for the 8400, but seems very good to me!
My plan is to use or the tall G.Skill Trident Z or the Innodisk VLP UDIMM and trying to Overclockers them a bit. For the cable I got some Pslate custom ones non sleeved.
And the plan is to use 25mm fan. But the CPU will be a 9900k, power limited to 120/140 as the Noctua website suggest!

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Sorry this is a better angle to see the cabling.

I don’t k is for the 8400, but seems very good to me!
My plan is to use or the tall G.Skill Trident Z or the Innodisk VLP UDIMM and trying to Overclockers them a bit. For the cable I got some Pslate custom ones non sleeved.
And the plan is to use 25mm fan. But the CPU will be a 9900k, power limited to 120/140 as the Noctua website suggest!
I was building this case for work (limited space) and wanted it quiet as possible - hence the i5 8400. This setup is as close as possible to zero DB. I can’t even hear it - quietest build i have ever done. I was amazed after reading all the posts about noisy fans in other dan case builds

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Sorry this is a better angle to see the cabling.

I was building this case for work (limited space) and wanted it quiet as possible - hence the i5 8400. This setup is as close as possible to zero DB. I can’t even hear it - quietest build i have ever done. I was amazed after reading all the posts about noisy fans in other dan case builds
Indeed! The noise start when the fan are very close to the panels. This is the best case I had till now, and the most flexible and compatible for my needs!

Reactions: SkyhookJr

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
@SkyhookJr - which GPU is that? Those 3 fan cards are looking awesome in A4 when they fit whole width of the case. Especially the black card in silver case. I wanted to get Asus RX580 with 3 fans but seems to expensive compared to Sapphire RX580 Pulse.
Edit: Just noticed that all RX580 from Asus are 2.5 slot.

Last edited:

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
@SkyhookJr - which GPU is that? Those 3 fan cards are looking awesome in A4 when they fit whole width of the case. Especially the black card in silver case. I wanted to get Asus RX580 with 3 fans but seems to expensive compared to Sapphire RX580 Pulse.
Edit: Just noticed that all RX580 from Asus are 2.5 slot.
Thats my son’s old asus strix 1060 - perfectly fine for 1080p monitors. Didn’t have to take the case apart to get it in (just squeeked in by a hair). At idle the fans don’t spin so it keeps the case super quiet. The 3 fans also probably help improve air exchange in the case. Will report results on stress testing later.

Last edited:
Reactions: advblue and fabio

xpt11

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 28, 2018
Love to see if there is any noticeable temp improvement on the v4 components (ie, cpu, gpu vrm) on having additional a9 fan underneath the MB.

Reactions: icymind

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Dang. Ran prime95 Small FFTs for 30 minutes. Cpu temp maxed at 70 degees celcius. No thermal throttling but there was a yes to power limit throttling in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. I have a Asrock z390i motherboard, cpu i5 8400.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Next day: turns out the auto setting in the bios was throttling the cpu - set higher limits and no more power limit throttling. Just need to figure out how to undervolt the cpu and have it saved permanently. Can do it in the intel ETU but it is not permanent. Don’t see the same setting in the bios to reduce the offset. Is anyone has an asrock board please share if you know how to do it.

Last edited: