DAN A4-SFX v4.1

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Well, Yes, I think is better. And also the 92mm, anyway, will push the air against the cable and the PSU. But the 120mm is bigger, and take fresh air fully from outside. The bottom mounted 92mm has limit on that position

I don't realy see the fans push air against he PSU cables when using a g-unique PSU instead of a normal PSU. OK, there will be some cables in the case but not like when using a corsair PSU for example.

The intake, I can agree that bottom intake isn't the ideal situation, I'm just thinking about all the factors.

The EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW I'm using is a beefy full size card that doesn't leave any room on the GPU side where as the RXT Titan you are using leaves some spare room on the GPU side of the case and won't block air flow that much.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks for the awesome respons AseDenTenCents... ;)

I'll be getting a second noctua fan then to get a push-pull config.
If it weren't for the long GTX1080Ti I'd stuff in 2 redux fans but I guess I'll have to go with the low profiles ones :)

Haha you're very welcome... And what a catchy name! One sec, gonna start a YouTube channel ;)

I imagine you could get some pretty killer performance with the 92mm + NF-A9 PWM in push/pull (if it'll fit under the GPU, otherwise push/pull with a9x14 would be interesting). Whether it's better to pull from the buttom or top, that's a testing matter. But personally I think it'll compete quite closely with a 120mm, due to the increased airflow.

Especially seing as you're removing the "large" PSU. which leaves "a lot" of room for cable management.

Reactions: PeGys and fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
quick question, is there any PSU smaller than SFX that able to power 2700k + 1080ti for this case?
A G-Unique or a KMPKT Dynamo combo. Both case, you need an external brick. I don't know about FlexATX support. Why the SFX is too big for you?

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
What is currently the best aircooling solution for the dan case A4 v3? The blackridge seems to be not available anymore. I was going to acquire an LP53 on ebay and put a noctua fan on it.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
St
What is currently the best aircooling solution for the dan case A4 v3? The blackridge seems to be not available anymore. I was going to acquire an LP53 on ebay and put a noctua fan on it.
I suggest to stay with Noctua L9. I never seen so much difference (3/5 degrees) between all other coolers, like the LP53, the cryorig with noctua fan, etc.

Reactions: SkyhookJr

Hub

Cable Smoosher
Sep 24, 2018
Well, I've been wondering if that would be the case, so when I would stick to the 545LC, I was thinking about some other things like would it perform better in push-pull config, fan under rad drawing cool air from the exterior blowing it through the rad into the case, or just as it is, with a thicker 92mm fan on it.

I am creating some spare space with a different PSU so I'm looking into options.

In case of 120mm AIO, the rad would be on the motherboard side in my build so I can see where the PSU might be blocking air in his case, decreasing performance...

Maybe you want to try smth like these? I want to see results :)) Or anyone! Maybe @AseDen with 120m Asetek rad. I know there are some thick ones

thickest 120m radiator might give good thermal results. Maybe we need v4 for this

Reactions: AseDen

SkyhookJr

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Just got my Dan case A4 v3. Love how small it is. Case below is the in win A1.

Also discovered postimage.org is a great free site for uploading photos so they can be posted to this forum.

MODERATOR EDIT: I've merged your posts, please don't spam the thread and use the edit edit button.

Last edited by a moderator:

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Maybe you want to try smth like these? I want to see results :)) Or anyone! Maybe @AseDen with 120m Asetek rad. I know there are some thick ones

thickest 120m radiator might give good thermal results. Maybe we need v4 for this

As you might have read in my previous posts, I will be having an external PSU so the HDplex isn't needed.

Besides that, I will have the room to put a radiator on the motherboard side but am limited in depth because the GPU is full size and will be blocking. That means, the H80i you're showing won't even fit as only the 2 fans will almost take the full available depth.

Alot of ppl already have 120mm setups but as I just received my 545LC (although I can't seem to find screws to mount the fans :(), I want to see how far I can get with it.

UPDATE: Well, this sucks... The 545LC cooler doesn't combine with my EVGA GTX 1080 ti ftw 3. The fitting om the radiator blocks the fitment of the GPU.

Besides that, @dondan, how do you fit the side panel fixation thingies on the bottom of the case when the 545lc is mounted. I can't seem to fit them in there...

All effort aside, I think I'll start looking for a 120mm solution when my g-unique PSU arrives Till then, it shall be air cooling...

Last edited:

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
UPDATE: Well, this sucks... The 545LC cooler doesn't combine with my EVGA GTX 1080 ti ftw 3. The fitting om the radiator blocks the fitment.

it doesnt? Hmm... I want the 545LC too and pair it with a noctua fan.. but is it better to put the fan on top of the radiator or at the bottom? And which graphics cards are compatible with the 545LC.. I got a 1060 gaming from EVGA now, but I'm looking for an upgrade since that thing is a disaster. I want atleast a dual fan though

MBLucid

Efficiency Noob
Dec 15, 2018
I’ve been looking at various 2060s and 2070s.
(1) Is the new asetek cooler going to get in the way of these? I hadn’t realized that the 545 could conflict with the GPU options. Does anyone know what the acceptable gpu dimensions are, if using one of these coolers?
(2) Can anyone recommend a silent (or near silent) 2060 or 2070 for the Dan case? Pricing to power, I lean toward the 2060, but don’t mind spending more for a 2070 if I can get something more quiet.

Thanks!

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
(1) Is the new asetek cooler going to get in the way of these? I hadn’t realized that the 545 could conflict with the GPU options. Does anyone know what the acceptable gpu dimensions are, if using one of these coolers?
(2) Can anyone recommend a silent (or near silent) 2060 or 2070 for the Dan case? Pricing to power, I lean toward the 2060, but don’t mind spending more for a 2070 if I can get something more quiet.

Thanks!
Nah, the issue with the FTW3 is that it goes all the way to the end of the case, something like a 2070 Ventus or ZotacZMini will be completely fine

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
As you might have read in my previous posts, I will be having an external PSU so the HDplex isn't needed.

Besides that, I will have the room to put a radiator on the motherboard side but am limited in depth because the GPU is full size and will be blocking. That means, the H80i you're showing won't even fit as only the 2 fans will almost take the full available depth.

Alot of ppl already have 120mm setups but as I just received my 545LC (although I can't seem to find screws to mount the fans :(), I want to see how far I can get with it.

UPDATE: Well, this sucks... The 545LC cooler doesn't combine with my EVGA GTX 1080 ti ftw 3. The fitting om the radiator blocks the fitment of the GPU.

Besides that, @dondan, how do you fit the side panel fixation thingies on the bottom of the case when the 545lc is mounted. I can't seem to fit them in there...

All effort aside, I think I'll start looking for a 120mm solution when my g-unique PSU arrives Till then, it shall be air cooling...

Really blows that you won't be able to fit your FTW3. I'm having a hard time visualizing how this happens, though - to my knowledge the tallest spot should be the top of the Noctua 14mm fan (potentially the fan grill, if you use such).

The included screws sadly won't fit a 14mm fan on the 545LC (as it was never its intended purpose). However, I can find the exact screw type, if you wish. They can be bought at any local hardware store - as we use standard sizes :)

as for the "fixation thingies" - they need to be removed where the AIO goes :) -Both sides.

Thanks!

I'm currently running the prototype in a Dan Case A4, with a full-length 2080 blowerstyle card. Easily fits... Well, as easy a fit as you get in the A4, of course ;)

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Really blows that you won't be able to fit your FTW3. I'm having a hard time visualizing how this happens, though - to my knowledge the tallest spot should be the top of the Noctua 14mm fan (potentially the fan grill, if you use such).

The included screws sadly won't fit a 14mm fan on the 545LC (as it was never its intended purpose). However, I can find the exact screw type, if you wish. They can be bought at any local hardware store - as we use standard sizes :)

as for the "fixation thingies" - they need to be removed where the AIO goes :) -Both sides.

I'm currently running the prototype in a Dan Case A4, with a full-length 2080 blowerstyle card. Easily fits... Well, as easy a fit as you get in the A4, of course ;)

Well, the ftw3 is, i guess, the tallest card that fits the dan a4.
As it runs like a millimeter from the case, the fitting of the radiator is blocking the card from fully getting into the case.

I already installed the original setup but I'll be replacing some cables soon. I will install the radiator and take a picture of the problem.

As for the screws, the overclockersuk set doesn't include any screws but the screws from ekwb can be used if shortened as they are 3 cm long. A standard m3 screw has a different thread and thats te screw you find in all hardware stores over here...

Reactions: AseDen

anttip

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2019
Well, the ftw3 is, i guess, the tallest card that fits the dan a4.
As it runs like a millimeter from the case, the fitting of the radiator is blocking the card from fully getting into the case.

I already installed the original setup but I'll be replacing some cables soon. I will install the radiator and take a picture of the problem.

As for the screws, the overclockersuk set doesn't include any screws but the screws from ekwb can be used if shortened as they are 3 cm long. A standard m3 screw has a different thread and thats te screw you find in all hardware stores over here...

For 545LC+NF-A9x14 the screws you want are 20mm DIN912-M3 screws. These were mentioned in the forums, so I ordered and tried these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/182022519670. Fits perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranker and AseDen