DAN A4-SFX v4.1

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thank you for the quick response.
On water The 120mm is the minimum to unlock the full potential of this little beast!
With a 240 I remember that with Auto offset (2) I was around 76 degrees, 220W powerdraw

Last edited:

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
On water The 120mm is the minimum to unlock the full potential of this little beast!
With a 240 I remember that with Auto offset (2) I was around 76 degrees, 220W power draw
How difficult was it to set up the custom length tubing for your AIO?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
How difficult was it to set up the custom length tubing for your AIO?
Actually quite easy!

after draining the system, you remove with pliers the existing fittings.
then replace in the radiator with 90 degrees fittings and mount the tubes.
You mount everything in the case and then you can check with the CPU block in place the length you need.

Remove the radiator, mount everything, fill it shaking a bit, with patience (of course filing it 100% is impossible, but also when you buy the Eisbaer LT is not completely full.

For that, I think you should check the way that @Josh | NFC did in one of his youtube videos, immersing the radiator etc...

I've uses a SATA to 4pin to test the small loop, and leaving the filling port open, trying to have as much as I can the air out.

Than you mount the cpu block in the MB and mount everything in the case. (I've mounted it with the MB already in place, but I suggest to mount everything in the case together as I've said).

In 1 hour and a half, max 2 hours, you have done!

@dondan do you confirm that a 30mm rad doesn't work with a 25mm fan and the HDplex?

Reactions: DarkCanuck

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
Actually quite easy!

after draining the system, you remove with pliers the existing fittings.
then replace in the radiator with 90 degrees fittings and mount the tubes.
You mount everything in the case and then you can check with the CPU block in place the length you need.

Remove the radiator, mount everything, fill it shaking a bit, with patience (of course filing it 100% is impossible, but also when you buy the Eisbaer LT is not completely full.

For that, I think you should check the way that @Josh | NFC did in one of his youtube videos, immersing the radiator etc...

I've uses a SATA to 4pin to test the small loop, and leaving the filling port open, trying to have as much as I can the air out.

Than you mount the cpu block in the MB and mount everything in the case. (I've mounted it with the MB already in place, but I suggest to mount everything in the case together as I've said).

In 1 hour and a half, max 2 hours, you have done!

@dondan do you confirm that a 30mm rad doesn't work with a 25mm fan and the HDplex?
Thank you for the informative description. I really appreciate the willingness of community members, like yourself, to share their knowledge and expertise.

Reactions: AseDen and fabio

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Dec 2, 2018
It will be available together with v4 release.

Here are my current changes for v4.

• New riser with 185mm short cable (like this https://www.sfflab.com/collections/parts/products/pcie-extender-adt) will drop retail price $10-$25
  • Adding 92mm fan mountpoint + ventholes under the motherboard
  • Lifting the PSU 5mm up to have more space for 92mm AIO
  • removing 120mm AIO bracket from included to optional (orderable over SFFLabs parts section)
  • USB 3.1 gen2 Typ-C at the front
  • adding mointpoints over the motherboard for 120mm AIO bracket to be able to mount a 120mm fan above motherboard
  • making the PWSW cable longer for better access on cheap MSI AM4 boards
  • changing HDD bracket to support for 15mm thick drives
If you have more ideas please let me know.

Hello @dondan, I'm currently looking at going with an A4-SFX V4 at some point next year for a portable workstation build with the forthcoming Asrock Rack C422 WSI/IPMI. As the board does not natively support USB Type-C, would it be possible to swap the V4's front Type-C with a Type-A connector (The one on SFF Lab for instance)?

Thank you for your time.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Analogue Blacksheep

You can use this:

@fabio

Based on my CAD drawing no and I only tested 27mm in true life.
https://dan-cases.com/dana4_spec.html

Last edited:

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
@Tazpr How's that blackridge doing? what cpu and what are the temps etc? :) lettuce know lettuce know lol.

Anyway someone received an email that his/hers ADT DAN V4 Riser cable is shipped yet? I haven't got an email yet..

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
@Tazpr How's that blackridge doing? what cpu and what are the temps etc? :) lettuce know lettuce know lol.

Anyway someone received an email that his/hers ADT DAN V4 Riser cable is shipped yet? I haven't got an email yet..
It's fine, with a 120mm fan it idles at high 20's and load is around 60.

But I am using a 35W i7 8700T so if it was hotter than that I would be disappointed.
It's roughly the same as my L9i with a 25mm thick Redux 92mm fan on it, but it is quieter than the L9i... So I think it's a fair trade and would probably perform better if it wasn't... you know... defective :p

Reactions: JAugust

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018

But I am using a 35W i7 8700T so if it was hotter than that I would be disappointed.
It's roughly the same as my L9i with a 25mm thick Redux 92mm fan on it, but it is quieter than the L9i... So I think it's a fair trade and would probably perform better if it wasn't... you know... defective :p
is that with the stockfan? and wow.. quieter than the L9i.. and that one is pretty quiet!

I'm actually curious about someone who has a Ryzen 2700X with the BlackRidge and 92mm fan, how it will perform and all of that. it's either the blackridge, or a 120mm AIO.. but it's really hard to get a 1080 mini itx here.. :/

Or... does the HDPLEX 400W DC and a HDPLEX 400W AC-DC internal brick fit inside the Dan A4 V3 with mounting them both ofcourse?

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
is that with the stockfan? and wow.. quieter than the L9i.. and that one is pretty quiet!

I'm actually curious about someone who has a Ryzen 2700X with the BlackRidge and 92mm fan, how it will perform and all of that. it's either the blackridge, or a 120mm AIO.. but it's really hard to get a 1080 mini itx here.. :/
Nah got a slim 120mm fan on it, considering changing it out for either the Silverstone 120mm slim RGB fan or the 120mm Noctua slim fan, but for now it's fine

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

I did the test with the 2700X. It’s a CPU that I didn’t like actually! It is too hot! Here the results for the black ridge. In the heatsink sub 48mm thread i’ve Posted also the cryorig cu c7, noctua l9a with the 14mm and 25mm A9 fan.

JAugust

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2018
No, you need to read the second one, 85.
No, everything was in auto in the bios, and because of the temp the cpu goes down between 3.4 and 3.6 under Prime95.
ah.. everything was all compressed. lol so i can hardly see it, you got discord by the way? would love to get some more info, if you don't mind

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

Like the 8700 or 8700k also the 8700T don't run with specified TDP of 35W. It run with something like 80-95W. You can check it with coretemp while running Prime95.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I did the test with the 2700X. It’s a CPU that I didn’t like actually! It is too hot! Here the results for the black ridge. In the heatsink sub 48mm thread i’ve Posted also the cryorig cu c7, noctua l9a with the 14mm and 25mm A9 fan.
Keep in mind the 2700X is 15°C lower in temps than displayed. AMD use this temp offset to have the fans more aggressive to reach higher clocks if the temps are good. The default 2700 has a higher temp limit and no offset. So in you usecase if you would have a 2700 none X and clock it to the same clock the temps would be 15°C lower without throttle ;)