DAN A4-SFX v4.1

LegendsofMace

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
Dan do you have any plans for a V4 with 120mm AIO support (without sacrificing PSU type/GPU length)? Saddened to hear Asetek discontinued the only decent 92mm AIO...

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Dan do you have any plans for a V4 with 120mm AIO support (without sacrificing PSU type/GPU length)? Saddened to hear Asetek discontinued the only decent 92mm AIO...
Where would it go? I think you'd probably like the C4 which is Dan's case concept that supports 120/240mm fans and radiators. The A4 is too narrow and would require a complete redesign to allow 120mm support in the bottom which would increase the size massively. I think that's why the black Ridge was culminated. A better cooling solution intended for the Dan.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

akakijgh

Case Bender
Nov 11, 2018
I cant install my 15mm 2.5" drive in the bottom drive bay.

Last edited:

Petersiemeel

Case Bender
Nov 15, 2018
Here are some pictures of the build for those who haven’t seen it.
I really love the case, the pc only weighs about 4.5kg now!

Going to add some SSDs and a storage drive to it at a later time.
Thanks dondan for designing such a pc case marvel.

How did you mount the Noctua?
Did anyone try it with magnetic Fan mounting like the Akust Adjustable Magnetic Fan Bridge Mounting Kit:

chemic

Case Bender
Nov 19, 2018
Hey!

I went for DAN A4 v3 (ordered with cooler and psu from caseking.de) - moving from NZXT H200i

My build will be:
i5-8600 cooled with Noctua NH-L9i + Sapphire PULSE RX 580 on Asus Strix Z370i, powered with Seasonic SGX 650W (SFX-L)
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB, SAMSUNG 970 Evo 500gb (m2) for OSX + Intel 600p 256gb (m2) for Win10

Have any of you used that new Seasonic PSU (SGX 650W) ?

lac29

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2017
Hey!

I went for DAN A4 v3 (ordered with cooler and psu from caseking.de) - moving from NZXT H200i

My build will be:
i5-8600 cooled with Noctua NH-L9i + Sapphire PULSE RX 580 on Asus Strix Z370i, powered with Seasonic SGX 650W (SFX-L)
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 16GB, SAMSUNG 970 Evo 500gb (m2) for OSX + Intel 600p 256gb (m2) for Win10

Have any of you used that new Seasonic PSU (SGX 650W) ?

Nice! In the future I wanna do a hackintosh too so I'd be interested in seeing if the components work out and if the OSX installation is smooth.

chemic

Case Bender
Nov 19, 2018
Nice! In the future I wanna do a hackintosh too so I'd be interested in seeing if the components work out and if the OSX installation is smooth.

Actually I've been running this system (in NZXT h200i with other cooling and psu) for half a year with no problems with hackintosh :) It's pretty easy these days. As this computer is 70% work 30% gaming rig - it's mainly in Mac OS

Reactions: lac29

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Quick question: Do the Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM modules fit with a Strix Z270I motherboard?

And does it bother anyone else that the I/O for the Z27I is upside down installed on the Dan?

Reactions: Wahaha360

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Quick question: Do the Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM modules fit with a Strix Z270I motherboard?

And does it bother anyone else that the I/O for the Z27I is upside down installed on the Dan?
No, no dominator platinum memory fits in the Dan with stock side panel. They are about 2-4mm too tall.

Johnnymidwest

What's an ITX?
Nov 22, 2018
I'm a complete rookie to sff building, and have learned a ton from reading y'all's advice in this forum. I've got a DAN A4v3 on the way (very excited to start building in it!) and am making my hardware choices now.

Does anyone know how I can find out Z390 itx mobo compatibility with the blackridge?

My plan is to run an i7 8700k and the blackridge with the vlp purple ram @Tazpr found so I can use a 120mm fan. The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac looks good but I'm worried the heatsinks might not leave enough space for the blackridge to fit. I've tried looking at the asrock site and alpenfohn site but can't tell if they're compatible. I'm open to other combos if this is an uncertain fit.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I'm a complete rookie to sff building, and have learned a ton from reading y'all's advice in this forum. I've got a DAN A4v3 on the way (very excited to start building in it!) and am making my hardware choices now.

Does anyone know how I can find out Z390 itx mobo compatibility with the blackridge?

My plan is to run an i7 8700k and the blackridge with the vlp purple ram @Tazpr found so I can use a 120mm fan. The ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac looks good but I'm worried the heatsinks might not leave enough space for the blackridge to fit. I've tried looking at the asrock site and alpenfohn site but can't tell if they're compatible. I'm open to other combos if this is an uncertain fit.
If it doesn't extend above the height of the RAM slots you will be fine.

The Asus is fine height wise, the unknown at the moment is the IO cover, which my B360i has as well, so we'll know next Monday if the IO cover gets in the way.

But the ASRock looks like it will be fine, I don't think any part of it extends too high up. Nice looking board though.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Anyone knows MSI RTX2070 Armor can fit in the case? Base on the spec looks like oversized
The Armor won't fit unfortunately, 2.5 slot card.

If you're getting a 2070 I would recommend the Asus Turbo since it's pretty readily available, dual slot and is the ideal blower style that works for the A4.

And it's cheaper than the Armor.

Siewsphone

Case Bender
Nov 25, 2018
The Armor won't fit unfortunately, 2.5 slot card.

If you're getting a 2070 I would recommend the Asus Turbo since it's pretty readily available, dual slot and is the ideal blower style that works for the A4.

And it's cheaper than the Armor.

Armor is having cyber monday sale in Singapore now at USD473. Asus Turbo is selling USD792 here.

My next option is Galax RTX 2070 OC White (USD513) or 2nd hand Zotac 1080TI AMP (USD574).

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi everyone,

It looks like the new Alpenfön Black Ridge has some manufacturing problems. Some heatpipes are not soldered correctly with the base. Maybe you know I can’t give support by myself because it is not my product. My name is only printed on the carton because I helped EKL Alpenfön in the development process. However I forward the manufacturing problems to EKL and they ask me if I can post the following statement (I translate it from German to English):

“Dear customers, the first review samples were not affected by the problem, so we start producing the first batch with a rush order. This first batch is affected by the problem and is a result from quick manufacturing. We are very sorry about it. All already ready new batches and future batches will not have this problem. We informed all resellers. The resellers will contact you for a replacement process. We guarantee an easy replacement of the product. We feel very sorry that this happened due to quick manufacturing and we ask your forgiveness. - EKL”

Furthermore they confirmed that the current version with bad soldering will not perform as good as the flawless version. So everyone will get a new flawless version.

With best regards
Daniel Hansen