DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Dali

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 29, 2020
Dan A4 SFX (V4+) CPU & GPU Spacer (+16mm) for coolers up to 64mm or extra GPU clearance

Reactions: Frenzy

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Cant get it to work though, just getting “display port no signal” when plugging it in. Any idea what’s wrong then?
That's the problem with mine too. bout finished building and currently without a monitor, so I hook it up with an HDMI cable to the TV with 4 HDMI ports. Select the port where I have the Dan A4, turn it on... all diagnostics leds (CPU, RAM, VGA) are ok but the 4th one is lid up (BOOT). Btw, this is the first time I turn my PC on to install Win 10 etc... It detects the pc, but there's "no signal".
Cables are ok, everything's as it should be. Anybody have a hint?

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
Just rebuilt my dan a4. Anyone trying an aio with a 120mm fan over the motherboard? It is working well at this point though it was such a pain to do.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Just rebuilt my dan a4. Anyone trying an aio with a 120mm fan over the motherboard? It is working well at this point though it was such a pain to do.
That's what I plan on doing eventually. I still miss the AIO itself - currently just try to boot it and install Win10 + drivers with an L9a but can't even get any signal on my screen (details above) help appreciated.
What will be your setup on the front-half of the case? I'm interested on the orientation of the psu, then the fan on the other side + if you have the rad between them or otherwise? Also hav you installed any fan under the motherboard and in what orientation with your aio in mind?

Also, is it necessary to install the standoff screws to raise the motherboard further from the side panel (and the riser cable)? It already seems raised, but there are screws exactly for that. Did anyone install that or you didn't as it's not necessary?

Last edited:

danistheman

Case Bender
New User
Oct 31, 2020
Since I was also installing a new fan under the motherboard, this took a while last night as I had to take everything out.
Bending the riser cables on the A4.1 at the bottom was a bit scary and I started to doubt I actually could get enough clearance to make sure the fan could spin freely.

Eventually I did and after placing the mobo back in I heard the blades clicking. Apparently it was hitting the CPU power cable lock tab so I had to cut that off, haha.
It barely makes it down there, but finally done. Should definitely have done that when I first built it.

So all done now and computer seems to be working fine.
Scored about 12.x k on TimeSpy, with decent temps, but that was with the panel off. Will try again with the panels and after undervolting.
I may get a another custom Pslate cable for the 12 pin on the GPU.

I'm curious to see that one in the case. That one was my other choice.

looks good, interested in hearing how temps and noise are with panels on

Reactions: DarkCanuck

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
That's what I plan on doing eventually. I still miss the AIO itself - currently just try to boot it and install Win10 + drivers with an L9a but can't even get any signal on my screen (details above) help appreciated.
What will be your setup on the front-half of the case? I'm interested on the orientation of the psu, then the fan on the other side + if you have the rad between them or otherwise? Also hav you installed any fan under the motherboard and in what orientation with your aio in mind?

Also, is it necessary to install the standoff screws to raise the motherboard further from the side panel (and the riser cable)? It already seems raised, but there are screws exactly for that. Did anyone install that or you didn't as it's not necessary?
You absolutly need the stand offs ( reduce risk of a electrical short) I am using the aseteck 645 92mm AIO so i can use a standard PSU. The noise isnt bad the GPU is definitly louder than the 120 or 92 noctua fans. Im using the v3 so its rough to fit a fan under the motherboard.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
You absolutly need the stand offs ( reduce risk of a electrical short) I am using the aseteck 645 92mm AIO so i can use a standard PSU. The noise isnt bad the GPU is definitly louder than the 120 or 92 noctua fans. Im using the v3 so its rough to fit a fan under the motherboard.
Thanks. They were not mentioned in the Dan A4 manual, just inserting the mobo on the case and if it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't shorten the space until the side panel. I'll definetly use them though if there's a risk of electrical short though.
They say that with an AIO, it's best to have the fan under the mobo as intake ot have some airflow into the case. Sounds reasonable, heat also tends to travel upwards and we'll have some ventillation to the rear M.2 as well. However I'm a little worried about the gpu, hopefully I'm not sending back the hot air it emits. Might also suck up the warm air exhausted from the other fan below the psu. so I'm a little puzzled here.

Last edited:

archagon

Average Stuffer
Aug 17, 2020
Err, I think the Dan already has standoffs installed out of the box? Not sure what the extras are for. My mobo is sufficiently raised without any tweaks to avoid a short.

DarkCanuck

Average Stuffer
Jun 28, 2018
Err, I think the Dan already has standoffs installed out of the box? Not sure what the extras are for. My mobo is sufficiently raised without any tweaks to avoid a short.
The extra standoffs can be used as part of installing an HDPLEX 400W, instead of using an SFX or SFX-L PSU.

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
looks good, interested in hearing how temps and noise are with panels on

Unfortunately testing is going to be on hold. I've actually just mailed off the Nvidia 12 pin adapter to a certain popular custom cable maker so he can start creating them for his store as they're different to the 3080/3090.

Reactions: rfarmer

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Did a test with losercard mod. Don’t bother with it. CPU temperature actually went up to 81. I’m actually not sure why. Without the mod my cpu temp was just around 76ish. GPU temperature for 3080 stayed the same with or without the mod.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Did a test with losercard mod. Don’t bother with it. CPU temperature actually went up to 81. I’m actually not sure why. Without the mod my cpu temp was just around 76ish. GPU temperature for 3080 stayed the same with or without the mod.
I got exact same results - without lasercard mod my CPU is going max to 79 with mod way over 86c

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
I got exact same results - without lasercard mod my CPU is going max to 79 with mod way over 86c
Yep. Can confirm. I just reverted back to my old configuration. Time Spy stress test went back to 77 highest for the CPU. 3080 at 76. Wasted my money on losermod. Lol

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Yep. Can confirm. I just reverted back to my old configuration. Time Spy stress test went back to 77 highest for the CPU. 3080 at 76. Wasted my money on losermod. Lol
I printed everything at work so cost me 0, sad you wasted the money ;(

shelfcompact

Chassis Packer
Jan 8, 2020
Using the 2nd fan under my mobo doesn't feel like it's helping CPU temps at all.
Feels the same, except the system is louder overall when that thin Noctua fan ramps up.

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I'm just wondering here but, being the card on an upper position may cause the hot exhausting air to partially "rebound" on the top of the case and going into de CPU chamber, warming it up (instead of flowing through the top panel at a lower speed). You could give it a try and put some kind of temporary plastic sheet / thin carboard wall, prolonging the original tray right to the top and making the two chambers more sealed and look if that helps with the temps.

I printed everything at work so cost me 0, sad you wasted the money ;(
Also... did you find the losermod files or made your own? I would be interested on having them :)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Cant get it to work though, just getting “display port no signal” when plugging it in. Any idea what’s wrong then?

Ist the GPU correctly in the riser? From what I can see there are two screws missing on the riser.

Mr.Hai

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 13, 2019

It was quite simple to set up, secured using double sided tape to the pump and the edges of the case. The only issue would be the size of your motherboard heatsinks.

I'm using a Asus b450 and the 120mm can fit if you rotate the AIO tubes. Some of the x570 and B550 models look like they might not work however; maybe a 90mm would work.

I still need to test the fan direction under the motherboard, currently acting as intake. Most of the benefit seems to have come from removing the heat from the top-back of the case, I found the GPU tended to make that area scorching.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
I'm just wondering here but, being the card on an upper position may cause the hot exhausting air to partially "rebound" on the top of the case and going into de CPU chamber, warming it up (instead of flowing through the top panel at a lower speed). You could give it a try and put some kind of temporary plastic sheet / thin carboard wall, prolonging the original tray right to the top and making the two chambers more sealed and look if that helps with the temps.

Also... did you find the losermod files or made your own? I would be interested on having them :)
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3763705 official files

Reactions: SiKiaTriK