DAN A4-SFX v4.1

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
That site you linked isn’t a stress test, it’s a website with a database of different performance data for different components.

The fan he’s referring to is the one included with the Noctua cooler and isn’t sold seperately. The slower rpm one is the one that is sold as a stand alone fan.

The reason the higher rpm fan is included with the low profile heatsink is because it’s a very small cooler and hence could potentially benefit from a faster fan. In order to provide decent cooling efficiency.

And no, you don’t actually need it. It just spins faster, ie has a higher rpm. Which results in more noise.

I have the slower one and it works just fine on my 645LT.

If you configure your system, ie get your clocks and voltages in check, you’ll see a big improvement. Try that first, since it’s free and only requires time.

Getting new fans, coolers etc costs and isn’t really proven to give enough advantage in terms of cooling efficiency to justify spending the extra cash on it.

that website obviously provides the application to download !!
:)

if "Noctua NF-A9x14 2.5W" isn't sold separately, which is absolute insanity,
it does not mean that you cannot get it,
and in small cases like "dan a4" it's highly beneficial to have a proper fans.

No, it's not an insanity. Cause you don't need that high spinning fan on something like the Asetek 645LT. They include it with their small cooler cause that specific cooler can benefit from the higher rpm's. But this isn't the case for better performing coolers, such as an AIO. So you are saying that Noctua fans aren't "proper fans"? If you say that about Noctua fans - then you are unfortunately not that well informed.

they have multiple models and some of they is crap.

and you always will benefit from a higher air flow !
especially in the small space like dan a4 has.

Like what exact models of theirs are crap?... Also, you don't have to edit your last post to answer a new reply - just reply in a new post instead.

like "Noctua NF-A9x14" is a crap and many other fans they have,
however, only in terms of performance they put in them,
the quality is superior for any model.

Last edited:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
if "Noctua NF-A9x14 2.5W" isn't sold separately, which is absolute insanity,
it does not mean that you cannot get it,
and in small cases like "dan a4" it's highly beneficial to have a proper fans.

No, it's not an insanity. Cause you don't need that high spinning fan on something like the Asetek 645LT.

They include it with their small cooler cause that specific cooler can benefit from the higher rpm's. But this isn't the case for better performing coolers, such as an AIO.

So you are saying that Noctua fans aren't "proper fans"? If you say that about Noctua fans - then you are unfortunately not that well informed.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
they have multiple models and some of they is crap.

and you always will benefit from a higher air flow !
especially in the small space like dan a4 has.

Like what exact models of theirs are crap?...

Also, you don't have to edit your last post to answer a new reply - just reply in a new post instead.

safenox

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 12, 2020
That site you linked isn’t a stress test, it’s a website with a database of different performance data for different components.

The fan he’s referring to is the one included with the Noctua cooler and isn’t sold seperately. The slower rpm one is the one that is sold as a stand alone fan.

The reason the higher rpm fan is included with the low profile heatsink is because it’s a very small cooler and hence could potentially benefit from a faster fan. In order to provide decent cooling efficiency.

And no, you don’t actually need it. It just spins faster, ie has a higher rpm. Which results in more noise.

I have the slower one and it works just fine on my 645LT.

If you configure your system, ie get your clocks and voltages in check, you’ll see a big improvement. Try that first, since it’s free and only requires time.

Getting new fans, coolers etc costs and isn’t really proven to give enough advantage in terms of cooling efficiency to justify spending the extra cash on it.

I will try this my friend!

What would be the right temperature to stay?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I will try this my friend!

What would be the right temperature to stay?

Umm, personally I'm not that into temperatures regarding the 9900K, since I don't have it myself. Although I found an thread on TomsHardware regarding safe temperatures for an OC on 9900K. Could be good guidelines.
Core temperatures above 85°C are not recommended. Core temperatures below 80°C are ideal

In the same thread though, several did mention that the 9900K runs hot and hotter than most other CPUs as well. And some even recommended that it needs dual and/or triple fan cooling solutions. So something to keep in mind. Hence why I recommended undervolting your CPU in my previous post.

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
like "Noctua NF-A9x14" is a crap and many other fans they have,
however, only in terms of performance they put in them,
the quality is superior for any model.

So you are basically saying that the entire PC enthusiast community is completely wrong?... Since everyone is completely the opposite.
Noctua fans are pretty much the best fans there is on the market. There's a reason Noctua have the legendary reputation that they have.

They are expensive yes, but they are still at the top in terms of performance, quality and durability on the market.

And again, don't edit your previous post. Reply in a new one please, otherwise the chances of you not getting a reply to your post are limited due to people may have to look through pages to find your latest reply.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
So you are basically saying that the entire PC enthusiast community is completely wrong?... Since everyone is completely the opposite.
Noctua fans are pretty much the best fans there is on the market. There's a reason Noctua have the legendary reputation that they have.

They are expensive yes, but they are still at the top in terms of performance, quality and durability on the market.

And again, don't edit your previous post. Reply in a new one please, otherwise the chances of you not getting a reply to your post are limited due to people may have to look through pages to find your latest reply.

Noctua fans are the best fans that money can buy,
but they are making bad ones too or I would say cheaper ones with crap performance.

For example "Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin"
is absolute beast, maximum airflow and still very quite at 2000rpm !!
I cannot even believe that it is that quite at 2000rpm.
I put two of them under the case and now I have just over 30C on idle.

the other beast is "Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM 2.52W"

and one more beast "Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM"

cheap and quite but way louder than "Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM"

My Noctua L9A Chromax, has just arrived. Couldn't turn it down as got it for £25! Hopefully fit that today and do some temperature testing to see how it compares to the 645lt I have in there. It'll be more than enough to handle my undervolted 3600. Plan is to get some PSlate cables when the store is open again and my funds allow it, then get the AIO back in there. Now I have a spare slim fan - Any point in mounting it below the motherboard? My M.2 is on the front, under a heatsink and fan - So I don't think there's much need?

"Noctua NF-A9x14 HS-PWM chromax.black" beautiful fan, now noctua sell it separately !!

there is always a need in extra air flow,
you want to maximize it as much as you can.

Last edited:

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
My Noctua L9A Chromax, has just arrived.
Couldn't turn it down as got it for £25!

Hopefully fit that today and do some temperature testing to see how it compares to the 645lt I have in there.

It'll be more than enough to handle my undervolted 3600.

Plan is to get some PSlate cables when the store is open again and my funds allow it, then get the AIO back in there.

Now I have a spare slim fan - Any point in mounting it below the motherboard? My M.2 is on the front, under a heatsink and fan - So I don't think there's much need?

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
You want as much hot air out of that case (or at least moving) as you can, and that fan of yours is one of the best so... my answer is a solid YES!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
My Noctua L9A Chromax, has just arrived.
Couldn't turn it down as got it for £25!

Hopefully fit that today and do some temperature testing to see how it compares to the 645lt I have in there.

It'll be more than enough to handle my undervolted 3600.

Plan is to get some PSlate cables when the store is open again and my funds allow it, then get the AIO back in there.

Now I have a spare slim fan - Any point in mounting it below the motherboard? My M.2 is on the front, under a heatsink and fan - So I don't think there's much need?

Here's a video regarding fans and their placement in the Dan A4. Specifically regarding putting the bottom fan under the motherboard and how it compares to if you put an sidefan over the motherboard.

Here you also have videos from the same person testing the L9a on an 3700X as well as the bottom the 645LT, where he also compares that to the L9a:

Reactions: swaggywaggy

safenox

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 12, 2020
Umm, personally I'm not that into temperatures regarding the 9900K, since I don't have it myself. Although I found an thread on TomsHardware regarding safe temperatures for an OC on 9900K. Could be good guidelines.

In the same thread though, several did mention that the 9900K runs hot and hotter than most other CPUs as well. And some even recommended that it needs dual and/or triple fan cooling solutions. So something to keep in mind. Hence why I recommended undervolting your CPU in my previous post.

I undervolted the i9 9900k and it keeps getting hot.

I put -0.65 in the bios.

It gave 94 degrees in 7 minutes of testing.

Is the asetek 645lt in trouble? I put my hand on the hose and apparently it's normal. One hose is hot and the other is a little hot.

The thermal paste that is in the processor: thermal grizzly kryonaut

Undervolting -0.65

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I undervolted the i9 9900k and it keeps getting hot.

I put -0.65 in the bios.

It gave 94 degrees in 7 minutes of testing.

Is the asetek 645lt in trouble? I put my hand on the hose and apparently it's normal. One hose is hot and the other is a little hot.

The thermal paste that is in the processor: thermal grizzly kryonaut

Undervolting -0.65

What exactly do you mean by ” -0,65 ”? Does it say -0,65 in the BIOS or did you go down 0,65V in the BIOS?

What you need to keep in mind with the Aida64 test is that your CPU WILL get hot, it’s supposed to.

That test is an extreme test for the CPU, it’s basically pushing your CPU balls to the walls, 100%. There’s no workload out there like this test. This test is basically the absolute worst case scenario for your CPU.

So it’s normal for your CPU to get high temps during this test - they are supposed to.

What this test essentially does is that it puts the absolute worst load you can think off on your CPU. It does this to test your CPU, in order to make sure your system is stable due to you have undervolted.
Since if it’s not stable, the last thing you want during a game or so, is for your PC to crash because of it. Now don’t worry if this happens, it’s nothing dangerous or won’t damage your PC.
This is why we stress test :)

Also during your test, check these boxes:

Stress CPU, Cache and FPU.

This ensures your CPU are pegged, this is a workload that will literally put your CPU to it’s knees.

And don’t worry about the AIO, it takes time for water to heat up and will take time for your AIO to heat up and reach equilibrium (ie, the max temperature the test is making your CPU to reach).

The reason why one tube is hotter than the other is because that is where the warm water is running from the CPU, ie has cooled it and then goes through the rad where it gets cooled down by the fan on the radiator and then goes back, cooled, in the other colder tube and back to the CPU to cool it again.
This is how every water cooling loop works and the water flows fast in the loop.

I’d also recommend using these programs to monitor everything;

HardwareInfo - Be sure to keep an eye out on the CPU Package - This is the overall temp of your CPU during the test.

Also in this software, take a picture of the ”VCore”, this is the Voltage your CPU is running at and will give me a more accurate reading of what your voltage is. Rather than your ” -0.65”.

This is off the top of my head, I’ll later on today look deeper into my own PC and what softwares, settings etc I used for my test. And get back to your for a better testing overall.

Last edited:

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
ok ppl,
here is a review of my build
enjoy. :)

Last edited:

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Having full sized ATX build for my whole PC life, 20 plus years - It's amazing to think I haven't lost any power by going so small.

When is the last time people have used more than one PCIe slot? Of course I know there are people out there that like their sound cards, capture cards etc... But for the average PC user and PC gamer, ITX is incredible. So happy I went with the DanA4

safenox

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 12, 2020
What exactly do you mean by ” -0,65 ”? Does it say -0,65 in the BIOS or did you go down 0,65V in the BIOS?

What you need to keep in mind with the Aida64 test is that your CPU WILL get hot, it’s supposed to.

That test is an extreme test for the CPU, it’s basically pushing your CPU balls to the walls, 100%. There’s no workload out there like this test. This test is basically the absolute worst case scenario for your CPU.

So it’s normal for your CPU to get high temps during this test - they are supposed to.

What this test essentially does is that it puts the absolute worst load you can think off on your CPU. It does this to test your CPU, in order to make sure your system is stable due to you have undervolted.
Since if it’s not stable, the last thing you want during a game or so, is for your PC to crash because of it. Now don’t worry if this happens, it’s nothing dangerous or won’t damage your PC.
This is why we stress test :)

Also during your test, check these boxes:

Stress CPU, Cache and FPU.

This ensures your CPU are pegged, this is a workload that will literally put your CPU to it’s knees.

And don’t worry about the AIO, it takes time for water to heat up and will take time for your AIO to heat up and reach equilibrium (ie, the max temperature the test is making your CPU to reach).

The reason why one tube is hotter than the other is because that is where the warm water is running from the CPU, ie has cooled it and then goes through the rad where it gets cooled down by the fan on the radiator and then goes back, cooled, in the other colder tube and back to the CPU to cool it again.
This is how every water cooling loop works and the water flows fast in the loop.

I’d also recommend using these programs to monitor everything;

HardwareInfo - Be sure to keep an eye out on the CPU Package - This is the overall temp of your CPU during the test.

Also in this software, take a picture of the ”VCore”, this is the Voltage your CPU is running at and will give me a more accurate reading of what your voltage is. Rather than your ” -0.65”.

This is off the top of my head, I’ll later on today look deeper into my own PC and what softwares, settings etc I used for my test. And get back to your for a better testing overall.

Hello Friend, Yes! I put in the bios -0.65V and the temperature did not improve. While playing COD Warzone the CPU temperature reaches almost 100 degrees.

I took some prints, below:

safenox

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 12, 2020
ok ppl,
here is a review of my build
enjoy. :)

I'll check!

Thank you my friend!

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
What's a good voltage to shoot for when OCing Ryzen? I had a first gen 1600 and that needed 1.37v for 3.7Ghz.

Now I have a 3600 and would like it to sit around 4Ghz if possible.

Voltages I see online vary from 1.1 to 1.4

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
What's a good voltage to shoot for when OCing Ryzen? I had a first gen 1600 and that needed 1.37v for 3.7Ghz.
Now I have a 3600 and would like it to sit around 4Ghz if possible.
Voltages I see online vary from 1.1 to 1.4

to be safe you cannot exceed 1.25V !!
that could be applied to other amd cpu.

Last edited: