DAN A4-SFX v4.1

mikethetiger

Case Bender
Jan 7, 2017
i returned mine today, it wont fit, plus backplate gets really hot, especially if you have blackridge as pull, not even 92mm fan under mbo help.
one of the solutions would be thermal pads, i saw few posts with decent temp drop, depend on your mbo, you have maybe 2-3mm space there

btw i move riser cable on gpu side

Maybe I’ll get the one without the heat sink for the back of the MB.

Mandalorian

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
Maybe I’ll get the one without the heat sink for the back of the MB.
any high performance nvme will get hot, i bought SN750 500GB with and 1TB without heatsink, difference is massive, WD Black will throttle (front M2)) and reach 80C+ even with Black Ridge in pull configuration. On the back even in idle, temp will reach 65-70C over the time of CPU and GPU load

The way i create SSD load is MiniTool Partition Wizard app in Windows with option to wipe SSD and write 0/1, this will push it almost to max temp
The one with heatsink will reach max 60C (front M2), with CPU at 100W+ and GPU 150w , so massive temps inside of the case (OCCT AVX2 load + GPU Load in same time)

im planning to order WD Blue SN550 1TB and thermal pads to test temp, for now i gave up from using back M2, there is just no point with thermal throttling

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
any high performance nvme will get hot, i bought SN750 500GB with and 1TB without heatsink, difference is massive, WD Black will throttle (front M2)) and reach 80C+ even with Black Ridge in pull configuration. On the back even in idle, temp will reach 65-70C over the time of CPU and GPU load

The way i create SSD load is MiniTool Partition Wizard app in Windows with option to wipe SSD and write 0/1, this will push it almost to max temp
The one with heatsink will reach max 60C (front M2), with CPU at 100W+ and GPU 150w , so massive temps inside of the case (OCCT AVX2 load + GPU Load in same time)

im planning to order WD Blue SN550 1TB and thermal pads to test temp, for now i gave up from using back M2, there is just no point with thermal throttling
What type of heatsink are you using?

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi
i'm currently debating between corsair vengeance lpx and gskill trident z rgb ram
which fan duct file should i download?
Thanks!

Acerbzzz

Efficiency Noob
Jul 16, 2019
I have a phantom x570 in my Dan a4 and have a m.2 ssd for storage. Is there any low profile sata cables or any way of adding more storage. Due to the location of the sata ports on motherboard it makes it vertically impossible I’m guessing ?

jensakut

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 6, 2020
@Mandalorian Optimum tech has the PSU in the wrong direction.
[...]
@dondan What do you mean by wrong direction? I naturally fitted it like optimumtech in the video below. How should it be?
Wires to the top like sancho?
@sancho how did you fix the psu?

turn the power supply upside down with the power plug as in my photo this will allow you to remove all the wires through the top
https://i.postimg.cc/8kMxK9c4/image-22-01-20-12-30-2.jpg

Last edited:

jensakut

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 6, 2020
@beejayone Thanks! Your build is based on the 120 mm AIO on the side, though!

I thought the comment was refering to the position of the AIO in the 92 mm asetek 645 LT video. But since he did the video on the 120 mm AIO as well, maybe Dan's comment referred to that solution!

I am struggling with a corsair sf600 and a 92 mm aio asetek 645 LT. Since the guy selling custom wires for the dan case doesn't take orders these days, I try to work with the original wires.
I like the case a lot though :-)

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi, i'm goind to 3d print a fan duct from a online service
i can choose between various types of plastic. which should i choose?
  1. normal plastic
  2. hd plastic (hight quality)
  3. high temperature resistance plastic

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
@dondan Hi!

First of all I'm not very active on this forum so this may have already been answered, however, as I didn't want to hijack your new Dan C4-SFX thread I decided to come and ask here instead of there.

I saw that you mentioned the idea of standardizing the design of your cases so I wanted to ask you if you have in mind an approximate date for the release of the Dan A4-SFX v5. I was thinking about buying v4.1 but I would prefer (and can) wait for the update as I loved the design of your new case and also due to the low value of my country's currency I can't afford to constantly buy high quality products like yours. Thank you in advance and I want to wish you a lot success in the future. Take care!

Groschen

Efficiency Noob
Jul 12, 2019
I have a phantom x570 in my Dan a4 and have a m.2 ssd for storage. Is there any low profile sata cables or any way of adding more storage. Due to the location of the sata ports on motherboard it makes it vertically impossible I’m guessing ?
Hi,
I assume you are talking about the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3. Some other user ran into the same problem and posted pictures of the situation. The 90 degree cables did not fit because there are only about 2 mm space between connector and PSU.

Your only options would be:
a) Change the PSU to a HDPlex or what it is called, which is much smaller but needs an external power brick or such.
b) Switch out your mainboard to one with different orientation of those SATA connectors (this was my choice, I went with the X470 Gaming-ITX/ac instead of waiting for the X570, once I saw first pictures of those SATA ports). Perhaps the coming new mainboards may be different again?
c) Solder out the current SATA connectors, solder in a part with other orientation. Void the warranty when doing this. Not a thing I would recommend.
d) Keep it as it is.

I will try to find the post with those pictures mentioned.

Good Luck!

P.S. I did not find that post with the pictures. Might have been posted in another forum or perhaps on Reddit in SFF or such. I think it was around November 2019.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acerbzzz

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Been deciding between this and Velka and I think i am finally leaning towards this - just a question does the riser come with the case if you buy from OCUK? I feel like you do but I am still a bit unclear on it.

Tempted to get the Asetek 645 but I think I will just air-cool it with the NH-L9a + fan duct as I am only rocking a R5 2600, plus another $150 AUD for the cooler is already stretching my budget!

ps. I would use their live chat but its never available even when I check the time in London and make sure is their opening hours.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@dondan Hi!
I saw that you mentioned the idea of standardizing the design of your cases so I wanted to ask you if you have in mind an approximate date for the release of the Dan A4-SFX v5. I was thinking about buying v4.1 but I would prefer (and can) wait for the update as I loved the design of your new case and also due to the low value of my country's currency I can't afford to constantly buy high quality products like yours. Thank you in advance and I want to wish you a lot success in the future. Take care!

Currently I think of an step between v4.1 and v5 with an v4.2 with a black gen4 riser. My plans for the v5 is a bigger case that can handle bigger heatsink. The look will be similar to the new C4-SFX or the old C4-SFX. I will start my work of the v5 in the next weeks. So release not before end of 2020. Currently I can't say more because there are so many vendors that are also reading in the forum.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Been deciding between this and Velka and I think i am finally leaning towards this - just a question does the riser come with the case if you buy from OCUK? I feel like you do but I am still a bit unclear on it.

Tempted to get the Asetek 645 but I think I will just air-cool it with the NH-L9a + fan duct as I am only rocking a R5 2600, plus another $150 AUD for the cooler is already stretching my budget!

ps. I would use their live chat but its never available even when I check the time in London and make sure is their opening hours.

Get the L9a for your CPU and yes the 3M gen4 riser is included.

RaihaX

Caliper Novice
Jan 14, 2019
Get the L9a for your CPU and yes the 3M gen4 riser is included.

Great thanks for the confirmation and bought it mate! been lusting it since v1.0 but due to other life commitment couldn't get it till now!

Can't wait to transplant my pc from the geeek a50, i can only imagine the quality difference haha....

I already have 2 x A9x14 from the geeek - I suppose no point swapping one of them for a 25mm and I might as well just re-use both them as case fan? Or is there a massive thermal difference in using 25mm under the PSU? from memory air cooled means set both fans to exhaust?