DAN A4-SFX v4.1

kroken

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2019
Okay i plan to use latest 4.1 A4-SFX with 645LT, what fans should i add in the case? i will use one 2500 RPM a9x14 for the AIO.

Slegg

Case Bender
Dec 15, 2019
I received my case today the v4.1. (BTW awesome case good job dan). The riser cable is silver (it isn't a massive problem). Is it a feature of the v4.1 because the riser was changed to gen 4?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Mandalorian

SFFLab: They already have stock but they are offline because of shop changes and new year holidays.

Caseking/OverclockersUK: Will have the cases in the next 2-3 weeks.

Dirac: They have stock but only available in Japan.

Reactions: PHE

seppola

Trash Compacter
Jan 1, 2020
looking into building a setup with this case. Excluding AIO, It seems Alpenfohn CPU cooler is king (+120mm fan), few questions:
  1. Is there any x570 board that works well with the cooler
  2. Would corsair LPX work?
Thanks,

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
looking into building a setup with this case. Excluding AIO, It seems Alpenfohn CPU cooler is king (+120mm fan), few questions:
  1. Is there any x570 board that works well with the cooler
  2. Would corsair LPX work?
Thanks,
Take a look at the last couple pages of this thread, deals with VLP memory.

Bowspin

Caliper Novice
Oct 16, 2019
Received my case from Dec 27th batch! I'm so happy right now but I have to wait 2 more days for my gpu to arrive.

One thing though I noticed that my riser is really tightly bent, I'm not really worried but anyone can confirm that this is completely normal? Thanks :p

sling

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 4, 2020
Planning to use a 3d printing service to print the fan mount and just have a couple of questions:
1) does it matter what kind of plastic is used? I.e. PETG vs PLA
2) how do I mount the fan duct to the L9a?

Seperately, I'm running a ryzen 2600 stock @ -0.1v offset. Idle temps are in the low 40s (ambient temp is ~30c). Does that seem normal? Wondering if I should try and reapply the thermal paste cos it was a bit awkward first time I applied it. Thanks!

Bowspin

Caliper Novice
Oct 16, 2019
Hey guys, I just finished my dan build and I am very worried... My cpu idle temps are around 50~60° with the case open, I launch a stress test which quickly put it to 90 so I shut it down

It's my 4th pc build and I don't know what went wrong, the fans are spinning, I applied a regular amount of thermal paste, my noctua l9a is well seated (I even went to check a mounting video in case I messed up somewhere but I did everything like other people did)

I don't know where I messed up and I'm scared of spending a lot of time in rebuilding everything to see nothing change, especially because I would just redo the same as it looks I did everything I should have done..

I will soon try to launch a game and see...
My gpu (5700 power dragon) is around 47 idle and my NVMe is 29 which sounds okay.

I'm with a ryzen 5 3600, Asus rog strix b450-i, noctua l9a.

Any idea of something I overlooked before I rebuild everything? Thanks in advance...

EDIT : update, I tried playing kingdom come delivrance in highest possible settings, apparently my cpu didn't go over 75° and even weirder my gpu didn't go above 59... I don't get it

Last edited: