DAN A4-SFX v4.1

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Could you potentially summarize the findings in english? The temperatures, settings, and clock speeds would be great.

For all english followers, here are all my results like requested in a little summarized excerpt of my two videos! :)

RYZEN 3600 Stock:
Min. Temp: 41°C
Max. Temp: 79°C
AVG Score: 1535 cb
Package TDP: 79W
Core TDP: 65W

RYZEN 3600 all-core @4.1GHz 1.35v LCC3:
Min. Temp: 45°C
Max. Temp: 83°C
AVG Score: 1620 cb (+5.5% over Stock!)
Package TDP: 86W
Core TDP: 41W

RYZEN 3700X Stock:
Min. Temperature: 42°C
Max. Temperature: 79°C
AVG Score: 2064 cb
Package TDP: 90W
Core TDP: 78W

RYZEN 3700X all-core @4.1GHz 1.35v LCC3:
Min. Temperature: 50°C
Max. Temperature: 91°C
AVG Score: 2142 cb (+3.7% over Stock!)
Package TDP: 114W
Core TDP: 60W

RYZEN 3700X all-core @4.2GHz 1.35v LCC3:
Min. Temperature: 51°C
Max. Temperature: 96°C
AVG Score: 2183 (+5.77% over Stock!)
Package TDP: 117W
Core TDP: 101W

RYZEN 3700X all-core @4.3GHz 1.40v LCC3:
Min. Temperature: 56°C
Max. Temperature: 101°C
AVG Score: 2234 cb (+8.24% over Stock!)
Package TDP: 129W
Core TDP: 104W

All testing was done on the same day and for a decent temperature stress test I've done exactly 5 times the Cinebench R15 run in a row.
All inside the DAN A4-SFX V4 and cooled with an Asetek 645LT.
Hopefully this data is helpful for some of you! Cheers :)

Last edited:

Suolaaja

Efficiency Noob
Jul 25, 2019
Today I got my 3700X, Gigabyte X570 ITX and RX 5700. I plan to test PCIe 4.0 compatibility with all Risers of all A4-SFX generation (3M Riser, Lian Li Riser & ADT Riser). Furthermore I will validate the cooling performance of the Noctua L9a on the 3700X .
Same combo here and got problems with PCH & M.2 temps. That heatsink is getting HOT, even in idle. Got L9a with fanduct and Noctua under mb, but can't really get any airflow to that heatsink. @dondan any ideas?

91Mackmr2

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
I am thinking of including the 3M riser to the next batch of A4-SFXv4.1
Is someone interested in a featur like this. The current product price is $199 / 199€ the new product price would be $215-220 or 215-220€ is this the upgrade worth?

What do you think?
Why does the 3M cost more than the ADT?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@91Mackmr2: 3M has the most advanced data signal cable on the market so they can charge a higher price.

@Suolaaja I used the M.2 slot on the backside of the board. Furthermore I removed the top part of the heatsink and I installed a Noctua A4x20 on the bottom part of the PCH heatsink. My PCH Temps are now 50-60°C. PCIe 4.0 add more heat to the PCH.

Last edited:

Suolaaja

Efficiency Noob
Jul 25, 2019
@91Mackmr2: 3M has the most advanced data signal cable on the market so they can charge a higher price.

@Suolaaja I used the M.2 slot on the backside of the board. Furthermore I removed the top part of the heatsink and I installed a Noctua A4x20 on the bottom part of the PCH heatsink. My PCH Temps are now 50-60°C. PCIe 4.0 add more heat to the PCH.
Thanks ?Got both slots in use. So maybe a external M.2 heatsink+Noctua would be better option. Now I just need to figure out how to get that fan installed ?

irad

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2019
@Suolaaja and @dondan, why is temperature an issue for the front M.2 and chipset on the X570 ? Isn't the chipset fan there to mitigate that ?
BTW Dondan, is there a reason you use the back M.2 instead of the front one ?

I'm still hesitating between the Giga X570 or B450.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@irad: It isn't a issue if you are ok with higher temps but if you like to keep it cool and maybe more quiet it is better to not use this M.2 slot to not add more heat to the Chipset heatsink.

@Suolaaja , if you not use a M.2 heatsink you can use one of the M2.5 screws from the default heatsink with an 10mm standoff (or some spacer) and mount it through one hole of the noctau fan. The head of the M2.5 screw is so small that it will fall through the fan mounting hole so you have to add another spacer under the fan head. If you like to use a M.2 heatsink you can also use a thinner 40x40 fan from Noctua for example the Noctua A4x10 or you buy longer M2.5 screws.

Reactions: Suolaaja

irad

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2019
@irad: It isn't a issue if you are ok with higher temps but if you like to keep it cool and maybe more quiet it is better to not use this M.2 slot to not add more heat to the Chipset heatsink.

Thanks for the quick answer.

BTW about the 4.0 3M riser i would vote for an ugrade kit option as well, even though i know it was not the initial question. I believe also that the new version should come with a 4.0 riser; it's a premium case.

Reactions: mfgillia

Suolaaja

Efficiency Noob
Jul 25, 2019
@Suolaaja and @dondan, why is temperature an issue for the front M.2 and chipset on the X570 ? Isn't the chipset fan there to mitigate that ?
BTW Dondan, is there a reason you use the back M.2 instead of the front one ?

I'm still hesitating between the Giga X570 or B450.
I got cooler Intel M.2 in the back and it works perfectly with low temps. 970 EVO Plus under that heatsink and it’s 50-80 C, when pch and heatsink gets warmer. Heatsink is really hot even after longer idle.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The big question is what is the max allowed temperature for the chipset. If the allowed max temperature is 100°C a chipset temperatur of 70°C is ok and can work for years. Gaming notebooks have extreme high load temps on CPU and GPU and they also work for years. It is a self made problem in the DIY. I also like low temperatures on my components but it isn't necessary.

Btw I found a solution for you fan attaching problem. Get a M.2 heatsink with small fin spaces and attach the fan with self cutting screws:

Last edited:

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018

Any consideration of cutting out a chunk of the motherboard tray for access to cpu mounts and m.2's positioned on the backside for v5

bobokun

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
I recently purchased a Dan v4 case from Overclockers UK, anyone have an issue with their front usb c port not working at all? I have the Gigabyte x570 I motherboard and I have the USB 3.0 header plugged in. Is there any drivers or anything that I am missing? When I plug a usb device in, I don't see anything at all. I don't even hear a inserting or disconnecting usb sound. The back of the motherboard usb c works fine

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
Is overheating a problem with Gigabyte's B450i? Based on these benchmarks it seems it is using 2x more energy compared to Asus X470i. Also review here says that stock "Auto" settings for CPU and SOC massively overvolt, generating extra heat and power fluctuations. Is that something that can be easily adjusted/fixed in BIOS for someone who never done it?

bobokun

Cable Smoosher
Jul 26, 2019
What USB-C device did you use?
I tried a usb C drive and it works fine! So looks like the connector is okay. It's weird because when I plug my Pixel 3 phone using the front port it doesn't recognize it at all. I don't even see an option to change it to mass storage.

I also noticed that my temperatures are pretty high. In BIOS I'm getting 45-55 degrees. In Windows I'm ranging between 63 to 80 degrees, average around 70 just doing simple tasks like chrome, discord, etc... Cinebench R15 runs my CPU to 86 degrees and Prime 95 runs it to 95 degrees after 1 min of running. Are these normal temperatures on a Ryzen 3600 x570 board with the Noctua L9a + 3D Printed fan duct? I also have noctua exhaust fans at the bottom of the case.

Last edited: