DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Fan too close to the side pannel (3mm or less) = turbulances = noise problem (vacuum cleaner noise !). Unfortunately we are not all equal in the face of noise-related problems. If necessary, the use of a dust filter helps to reduce noise, but will increase the temperature…

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Just curious since I saw nothing on it. Does anyone know when and if the Dan cases will be again available for purchase at Sfflab, preferably this year.

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
Just curious since I saw nothing on it. Does anyone know when and if the Dan cases will be again available for purchase at Sfflab, preferably this year.

OCUk states mid/end of June on their pre-orders. I'm hoping SFFLab also has the same timeline, but indeed it would be much better if they stated it themselves.

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Fan too close to the side pannel (3mm or less) = turbulances = noise problem (vacuum cleaner noise !). Unfortunately we are not all equal in the face of noise-related problems. If necessary, the use of a dust filter helps to reduce noise, but will increase the temperature…

I see, but unless I find a Cooltek LP53 in Europe (which is impossible), I will have to go with the Silverstone AR11.

I wanted to go for the Cryorig C7-CU but I saw too many people complaining about the thermal results.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Yea, on sfflab only the s4 mini and the ncase m1 seem to be available for pre order. I'm trying to purchase in July since I'll have more in terms of spare, and just in time for reviews of am4 boards and new CPU. Hopefully the Dan case is available by then.

glow

Trash Compacter
Feb 5, 2019
I modeled and printed a slightly taller fan duct, since the original one is ~3-4mm too short to seal off against the side of the case with my setup (ASRock Z270, L9i, A9x14). This is still about a mm or so too short to actually be a tight seal, but since it took 3+ hours to print, I don't want to iterate another version. A slight gap is probably safer, so any impacts against the side of the case don't get transferred right into the CPU socket.

der8oo

What's an ITX?
Jun 5, 2019
Hello and greetings from Germany. I have finally managed to register here. I also pre-ordered a Dan A4 sfx and now wait the last days until delivery. The hardware is ready: - Msi Z390i - I7 8700 - 32gb Corsair Vengeance - 2tb Samsung 970 Evo - Corsair 450W Power Supply Where I'm still unsure is the graphics card. Actually it should be a MSI 1660ti Gaming X, but according to Dan-cases this 1mm is too thick. Or is there still a bit of room for maneuver that this could fit?

xpt11

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 28, 2018
I wanted to go for the Cryorig C7-CU but I saw too many people complaining about the thermal results.

C7 CU +noctua fan is nice if you can tolerate the noise. you can limit the rpm to 1100, but thats like limiting your cooler's performance.

So yeah I sold it and bought l9i +fan duct to run at higher rpm and increase the airflow.

Something to think about if you value noise to performance ratio.

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
C7 CU +noctua fan is nice if you can tolerate the noise. you can limit the rpm to 1100, but thats like limiting your cooler's performance.

So yeah I sold it and bought l9i +fan duct to run at higher rpm and increase the airflow.

Something to think about if you value noise to performance ratio.

For now I will go with the Silverstone AR11 + A9x14 from Noctua. I don't even care anymore, now I'm just curious to know about the performances of this cooler, and if I'm not happy with it I can always try something else.

Whatever happens, nothing will be bought unnecessarily because I could always share my results with the community and create content for the website I work for.

Reactions: Hellow and xpt11

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I see, but unless I find a Cooltek LP53 in Europe (which is impossible), I will have to go with the Silverstone AR11.

Since you are in search for a cooler, today I could perform some benchmarks on the BlackRidge. Perhaps it helps you
Prime95 -> Torture test2 (maximum heat and power consumption)
CPU: 9600K, all cores at 4.3Ghz
After 40 minutes the temps were stable at ~70C, with the fan spinning at 2300rpm.

After 10years with custom loop, 360rad and all the stuff I’m quite surprised on the performance of this little guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: mfgillia

anttip

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2019
I am super interested in this! Can you upload some pictures how did you fix the bifurcated riser and how it is linked to the pcieX riser!?? Thanks a lot!

5cm riser finally arrived, so I could finish the build. Here's pics as promised. First the riser components:

Routing 2 fan cables from front to 4X fan hub. Cutting the Dan A4 plastic separator to shield the riser backside.

Routing 4 fans to the fan hub, placed below the 10GBs ethernet card. Riser and bifurcation card in place.

Plugging in the 10GBs Asus ethernet card on top of the fan hub, removing small back panel to make route for ethernet cable.

Completed and running. Just panels removed to show the internals. Running GPU and 10GBs ethernet from the bifurcated x16 PCIE.

Perfect :)

I got a bit lucky with the build. Everything lined up perfectly in the end, including the route for ethernet cable input, cutting the DAN a4 separator plastic to shield the riser backside, fitting the riser and ethernet card tighly.

The completed build runs delidded i9-7980XE with liquid metal and copper plate, with Asetek 545LC, and 4 extra case fans. So the 18 cores run 36 threads@3.4 GHz stable without thermal throttling. 64GB quad-channel memory, 2TB Evo 970 SSD. With the 10GBs connection this DAN A4 is used as a portable coprocessor for computation-heavy workloads.

Fazer

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2019
Since you are in search for a cooler, today I could perform some benchmarks on the BlackRidge. Perhaps it helps you
Prime95 -> Torture test2 (maximum heat and power consumption)
CPU: 9600K, all cores at 4.3Ghz
After 40 minutes the temps were stable at ~70C, with the fan spinning at 2300rpm.

After 10years with custom loop, 360rad and all the stuff I’m quite surprised on the performance of this little guy.

Thanks, but I'm not interested by the BlackRidge since I have tall memory sticks.

Pillepalle

Case Bender
May 10, 2019
Hi,

I have almost all my parts together so I am excited to start building - except the 2 Noctua 92mm fans for the bottom still havent arrived.
Can they easily be added in later or would I have to tear the whole thing apart again?
(Building on the Gigabyte Z390 board with Black Ridge cooler)