DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Villani

Minimal Tinkerer
May 22, 2019
I just received the v4 and I have to say it's an amazing upgrade from my old node 202.

Though one thing I'm wondering about, if I wanted to route the riser cable from behind the GPU to have more clearance for the m.2 behind the mobo, I would need to press the GPU somewhat hard against the riser to make it fit and the riser would pretty much rub against the back of the GPU... Is this safe? Or should I just route the riser normally behind the mobo instead?

Thanakun

Cable Smoosher
May 15, 2019
www.reddit.com
I just received the v4 and I have to say it's an amazing upgrade from my old node 202.

Though one thing I'm wondering about, if I wanted to route the riser cable from behind the GPU to have more clearance for the m.2 behind the mobo, I would need to press the GPU somewhat hard against the riser to make it fit and the riser would pretty much rub against the back of the GPU... Is this safe? Or should I just route the riser normally behind the mobo instead?
I got my v4 with the riser routed on the GPU side. And I'm going to keep it there so my second sad has more room to breath. But I'm wondering did you get your v4 with the riser on the mobo side?

Villani

Minimal Tinkerer
May 22, 2019
I got my v4 with the riser routed on the GPU side. And I'm going to keep it there so my second sad has more room to breath. But I'm wondering did you get your v4 with the riser on the mobo side?

I got the riser on the GPU side as well! I thought it was odd since the manual has it on the mobo side. Is your GPU pressing against the riser as well then? I put all the parts in as they were but I'm wondering if I should re-route the riser...

UnknownBehemoth

Trash Compacter
Mar 27, 2019
I also have a M.2 at the back of my motherboard, but recently I put a 3mm tall heatsink on it, and the temps are now doable. Idle in the 50s, and gaming it's usually in the 62+, but never goes past 71 so far.
Didn't know there's one that thin.

I placed an order for one, let see how it goes after it arrives.
I got the riser on the GPU side as well! I thought it was odd since the manual has it on the mobo side. Is your GPU pressing against the riser as well then? I put all the parts in as they were but I'm wondering if I should re-route the riser...
I think the new ADT riser is intentionally routed on the GPU side. The official pictures on the dan-cases.com site shows this.

Villani

Minimal Tinkerer
May 22, 2019
I think the new ADT riser is intentionally routed on the GPU side. The official pictures on the dan-cases.com site shows this.

If that's the case then great! Just seems odd since it's such a snug fit.

In the picture you can see it's right against the back of the card...

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Finished installing everything, got the 645LT, applied some Kryonaut, did some gaming for around 20 minutes~ , then restarted the PC.

When it booted the M.2 SSD reported "imminent failure"... ?

I'm using an ASUS Z170I which has the M.2 at the back of the motherboard, it's already 61C on Idle. It can't handle the heat I guess. Looks like the bottom NF-A9x14 fan couldn't create enough airflow to the small gap behind the motherboard.

Looks like I have to upgrade my rig to a motherboard that has a front M.2 slot. ?

Or you can buy an extender cable as I'm going to do as I have the same rear mounted SSD on my MSI Z270i.

Check the ADT-Link M.2 extender for example...

If that's the case then great! Just seems odd since it's such a snug fit.

In the picture you can see it's right against the back of the card...

It is indeed a very snug fit. It's squeezed between the case and the EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3 back plate in my case but does it's job just fine...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Villani & @Cyruz
For the v4 routing over the GPU side is default and the best way. It will also work on the motherboard side, but this will result in higher force on the riser cable.
For v1, v2 & v3 routing over motherboard side is default because the cable is different to v4.

Villani

Minimal Tinkerer
May 22, 2019
@Villani & @Cyruz
For the v4 routing over the GPU side is default and the best way. It will also work on the motherboard side, but this will result in higher force on the riser cable.
For v1, v2 & v3 routing over motherboard side is default because the cable is different to v4.

Okay, thank you for the clarification!

Maximilian_H2

Efficiency Noob
May 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I have the new Dan A4 v4, but the front type c port does not work, I connected it to my mb Z370-I Gaming from ASUS but whatever I connect, no reaction, I tried few things to troubleshoot, but nothing works. how do I know it is working even? Any help appreciated.

Solved.

Last edited:

xprometheusx

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Quick question. Would you recommend the fans at the bottom of the case be push or pull for optimal temperatures? I keep reading different things. Some say pull because case is designed to vent out the top, others say push because it pumps the hot air out and forces the intake fans to only pull fresh air in.

Thanks

omardesu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 14, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Quick question. Would you recommend the fans at the bottom of the case be push or pull for optimal temperatures? I keep reading different things. Some say pull because case is designed to vent out the top, others say push because it pumps the hot air out and forces the intake fans to only pull fresh air in.

Thanks

I'll probably test this this weekend. I have it as pulling air from the bottom right now (i.e. pushing air into the Noctua L9i).

Maximilian_H2

Efficiency Noob
May 22, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Thanks

Pull for sure! I got one now under the motherboard which was a hell of job to get under, I had to almost remove the MB again for it... it is far to tight. But definitel pull, all fresh air inside the case and blowing up towards the exit is good, push not, hot air goes up... push would make no sense, it would push against the desk and then back up?

Reactions: D10S

xprometheusx

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2019
Thanks for the replies. I currently have it in pull configuration drawing fresh air into the case, but wanted to see if someone had tried it in the other configuration and if it was better.

Vrekgar

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Pull for sure! I got one now under the motherboard which was a hell of job to get under, I had to almost remove the MB again for it... it is far to tight. But definitel pull, all fresh air inside the case and blowing up towards the exit is good, push not, hot air goes up... push would make no sense, it would push against the desk and then back up?
It would make the gap higher pressure. It's not going to cause the air to reenter the case from there as it's always being pushed down. The air will instead seek other egress by spilling to the sides. There is a "Slight" possibility of the air then making 3 90deg turns to get sucked back into the case and down through the fans again but that is very very unlikely and a virtual non issue. However it's generally more optimal to have the air drawn in there, especially if you have something like a 645lt, this makes the interior of the case slightly higher pressured and air will escape from the sides and top ventilation holes. It would have to make a series of 90deg turns again to be recirculated again.

Hot air does rise but it's a moot point against an active flow for say a fan.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Hi guys,

I have the new Dan A4 v4, but the front type c port does not work, I connected it to my mb Z370-I Gaming from ASUS but whatever I connect, no reaction, I tried few things to troubleshoot, but nothing works. how do I know it is working even? Any help appreciated.

Solved.
What was the problem? How do you solved it?

@meganfarr
I don't have tips for it and I know it is very hard to mount the 92mm AIO. Only very thin and perfect length custom cables will make it much easier.

Maximilian_H2

Efficiency Noob
May 22, 2019
The issue was on my side, the adapter I used did not fit into the connector fully until I used slight more force, then also the driver gave me issues which was a software issue on my side as everything was newly installed and bought. Meaning no hardware issue of the connector of the case. :)