Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

rusty815

Caliper Novice
Jun 22, 2018
The shipping time wasn't respected ? When it was suppoded to be shipped ?
Not quite, earlier Sergii said that production was delayed by a few weeks, as you can see by the person I quoted before, batch 16 just shipped at the end of august, so Batch 17 isn't too far behind.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
As someone who now has ordered two of these (Batch 1 and 8), take Sergii's shipping date, add like 6 weeks to it and thats when you should expect your case. But, know that when it comes it will be pretty freaking sick. The jump in quality from batch 1 to 8 was huge. I'd imagine its only gotten better.

I just moved my build from the 1st case into the 2nd. Built it w/ the left over parts and some things a friend gave me. Pretty sure I spent more on the case than the parts inside it lol. It ran super hot in the batch 1 case, had to leave all the panels off while gaming, but with the batch 8 case since it has the aio, some fans, etc it keeps pretty good temps.

i7-4770k
16 GB Ram
GTX980ti
H100i v2 (I had to bend the crap out of the tubes and use zip ties to hold them in place to get the side panel on)

Reactions: rudy44 and chyll2

t_sale

Chassis Packer
Sep 11, 2018
Do you think that the 9.9L AIO could be widened to accommodate an Aorus GTX 1080 8G Rev. 2? It is 57mm thick (around 2.5 slots). I've been looking at the Dancase C4, but it is has been quite some time.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Do you think that the 9.9L AIO could be widened to accommodate an Aorus GTX 1080 8G Rev. 2? It is 57mm thick (around 2.5 slots). I've been looking at the Dancase C4, but it is has been quite some time.
When we make an audit case of SFX 9.9L, we will make it wider. this will make it easier to arrange the hoses. And the video card for three slots

rusty815

Caliper Novice
Jun 22, 2018
Batch 17 is shipping boys! Just got my Tracking number from Sergii, can't wait to get it in hand and start building, might even make a build progress/guide for it.

Reactions: br3nd0

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Very cool! Any idea as to when such a case could be ordered and for what cost?
while the technicians are busy with the improvement of the SX 6.8L and FLEX 4.5L chassis.
This will be fully factory cases. No more manual work! Also they will be available for purchase from the warehouse.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
I'm looking to buy this case but wanted options on vent styes.

I love the Honeycomb for maximum airflow and i think it would also reduce any fan noise. But I think the openings would be large enough for my cat to try and put his paws in them.

So between Trigon and NFC Skyslots, would be then better in terms of airflow and fan noise?

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
I'm looking to buy this case but wanted options on vent styes.

I love the Honeycomb for maximum airflow and i think it would also reduce any fan noise. But I think the openings would be large enough for my cat to try and put his paws in them.

So between Trigon and NFC Skyslots, would be then better in terms of airflow and fan noise?

i'd say skysloth since its more consistent

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
alright, started my build today in this case, i7 8700, h370-i and strix 1080ti. the power button was on teh back on the mobo side, I had to enlarge the hole for it since it was impacting on the mobo io shield, no big deal. then I installed the ssd at the bottom of the case but only 3 screws can be screwed in since the fourth one goes above the case feet if you have the aluminum ones and even with 3 screws I had to change the plan since the power connectors for the psu didnt allow for it to be so close to the bottom of the case, no big deal eighter I can elevate it a bit easily. the real problem comes when I installed the 1080ti, yes the case has room for it since I got custom dimensions BUT the f***ing pcie riser is not aligned with the cutouts on the back and not even parrallel with the mobo tray so my gpu is in diagonal and so its inside the case on one end but outside from 2cm on the other end, I mean wtf is this bullshit. anyway I'll try to fix that shit tomorrow if I hae time but its truly disapointing how the build quality is trash

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
alright, started my build today in this case, i7 8700, h370-i and strix 1080ti. the power button was on teh back on the mobo side, I had to enlarge the hole for it since it was impacting on the mobo io shield, no big deal. then I installed the ssd at the bottom of the case but only 3 screws can be screwed in since the fourth one goes above the case feet if you have the aluminum ones and even with 3 screws I had to change the plan since the power connectors for the psu didnt allow for it to be so close to the bottom of the case, no big deal eighter I can elevate it a bit easily. the real problem comes when I installed the 1080ti, yes the case has room for it since I got custom dimensions BUT the f***ing pcie riser is not aligned with the cutouts on the back and not even parrallel with the mobo tray so my gpu is in diagonal and so its inside the case on one end but outside from 2cm on the other end, I mean wtf is this bullshit. anyway I'll try to fix that shit tomorrow if I hae time but its truly disapointing how the build quality is trash

Any photos? Sounds disappointing :( anyone else have these issues with custom sizes?

rusty815

Caliper Novice
Jun 22, 2018
Thats the thing, my custon size only change the outside, the inside should be working like every other case serguia made but its not

I will be getting in my case soon to start building, I hope I don't have the same issues. Would like to see pics of the issue, but changing outer dimensions can affect how inner dimensions are formed as well, which is why custom builds can be annoying.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
To the attention of dear customers!

If you have problems with your cases, be sure to write to us on the mail. Remember you are buying a prototype and our attentive service. We are always ready to help you solve any of your problems.

Describe your problem with simple sentences, so that the translation of the text into our language was more accurate. Be sure to take photos.

Reactions: rudy44

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
so I removed everything from the case today, I disassembled the case completely and added the spacers you can see on the picture under the mobo tray to help the back of the case be more perpendicular to the bottom, this helped a bit with the end of the gpu beigne outside the case but not by much, right now its barely inside the case.....
as you can see on the second picture it is still horibbly bent.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
t
so I removed everything from the case today, I disassembled the case completely and added the spacers you can see on the picture under the mobo tray to help the back of the case be more perpendicular to the bottom, this helped a bit with the end of the gpu beigne outside the case but not by much, right now its barely inside the case.....
as you can see on the second picture it is still horibbly bent.

ow that does look pretty bad. Do reach out to Sergii! He'll make it right.

rusty815

Caliper Novice
Jun 22, 2018
Finally got my case in and completed my build! here is my imgur album detailing everything:

There are a lot of images in the album but I will summarize a bit here: Building in the case was difficult. I got the 5.9L case and I underestimated how small it was, room was scarce and it was a tough build but I got it done. A few issues I experienced:

Just as narwhal, my GPU didn't sit straight, the PSU protruded too far back into the case and hit up against the back of the gpu. There isn't a whole lot of wiggle room for the PSU so I don't know how this can be avoided in future versions of this case, but I was able to get the GPU to fit without rubbing against the panel by removing its back plate, which I hate to do.

Second issue I ran into was that I could not get my 80mm fan to fit in its area properly due to the USB hub being too wide. I could have opted for a thinner fan (I was using a 25mm thick one) but im too impatient so I simply mounted the fan diagonally which worked fine.

Third issue I ran into was that the motherboard and IO shield couldn't be properly aligned, I had to force them to align by filling the ports in the back while screwing in the motherboard which is very risky. It ended up working, but I do not recommend it and would like to see this fixed in future cases.

Lastly, One of the cables for the power button was ripped off, I do not know if this was caused by me or if it came this way, but I am willing to accept that it was my fault. I was able to get it reattached and fixed so the power button works fine now.

All in all, it was very difficult, but I think it was worth it, I love the size and it makes it convenient to carry around, which is what I wanted. Now for some initial performance numbers, I was running my cpu with Performance enhancer level 3 and a .08v undervolt and was running the GPU at a decent overclock on the p7 state with 1662MHz at 1.1v and 1030MHz on the HBM. This proved to be too much for the case and both the CPU and GPU ended up thermal throttling when they were fine in my open bench setup. I was expecting this to be the case, so I lowered the CPU performance enhancer down to level 2 and undervolted it by .1v instead of .08v and reduced the GPU down to the stock 1632MHz on the core and undervolted it down to 1.05v. This did the trick and now both the GPU and CPU sit comfortably at 65C and 70C respectively while gaming, when they were both hitting 85-95C before. Performance has been good since and I have not had any further stability issues, So I am happy with it and am not going to bother to tweak it any further.

Last edited:
Reactions: comagoosie

FreaqqShow

Case Bender
Oct 3, 2018
I sent you a form with the question to change the SX mid stl 7.1L rev.1.1 for my personal needs.
That is: Noctua L9a-AM4 cooler, SFX-L modular psu and R9 390 with Arctic Accelero Xtreme III (~ 330mm lenght and ~ 65mm depth).
I would like to keep my graphics card and add a SFX-L modular psu, both for noise reasons, so changing that case to fit these components would be very nice!

I can also send pictures of the graphics card with exact measurements including the height with 8 and 6-pin connectors attached.

Last edited:

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
so I played around with the case again, as you can see on pic 1 I files the pcie sloth to let space for the dvi port on the gpuwhich helps keeping it straight instead of at an angle (see my other posts). by disassembling the case to do so I remarked two new things, 1) the powder coating is already wearing off by itself (see picture 2), 2) each time I assemble the case something cant be screwed becasue of misalignment (see picture 3). I'm happy the gpu problem is now solved with only a bit of modding but still getting more and mmre disapointed with the case in general, plus I still havent put in the psu since im waiting for the sf600 platinum, cant wait to see which problems will come then (that was sarcasm in case you dont get it) and since the psu cables are going out the case for now (since my rm650i is aside of the case) I havent put on the outside pannels yet and dont even know if i'll be able to screw all of then down.