Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

amb9800

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2017
And yeah, the h100i is not a friendly aio for most sff builds due to those horrible hoses the use. Even guys using the 18L Cerberus cuss them. The silverstone td series, while at a few degrees disadvantage have way more flexible,smaller hoses that help fit. Also they do have some slim series as well to help mitigate the tight dimensions.
Yeah the H100i pipes are pretty thick/inflexible, which I didn't realize when purchasing. My constraints were that I needed 1) a warranty that would cover damage to other system parts if the AIO leaks, and 2) either no RGB or RGB that can be turned off (or nearly off) -- this PC is in a tiny studio apartment (hence SFF) and needs to be sleep-compatible, so the H100i v2 seemed to fit that. More so, Sergii recommended the H100i to use with this case (which I now see is probably not a great idea).

In the US, the Asetek patent situation means these AIOs all have nearly the same Asetek block/pump, and most seem to have very similar radiators (and given that I got my own fans, I didn't really care about the AIO's stock fans). But the Cooler Master's LEDs can't be turned off, the EVGA didn't work with AMD Ryzen until a few months ago, and others (e.g. SilverStone) seemed to lack a decent warranty, hence either the Corsair H100i v2 or the NZXT Kraken X52. The X52 was twice the price of the H100i v2, so opted for the Corsair.

amb9800

Chassis Packer
Sep 6, 2017
Normally I would vouch for Sergii work as it has been pretty good to me. But that case does not look great. I completely understand the frustration, and agree with you with a bit of it. For the refund part yes. As you have several defects with the case that should warrant a partial refund if not majority refund. But like you said it was a custom case. As for little bits of help. You could orient the fans differently on the AIO and make them intakes instead of exhausts. That will allow both fans to work. And custom cables would help quite a bit.
Yeah I tried putting the fans in a pull configuration (above the radiator). From my recollection, the problems included at least 1) mounting (given the case's incorrect hole spacing and screw clearance problems), 2) even less room for GPU power wiring below, and 3) an even more severe clearance problem with the radiator's pipes (given less distance to CPU / shorter curve radius).

Custom cables would definitely help with the PSU (I wish Corsair did a better job with its stock wiring on the SF600...), so will probably go that route for whatever I move these parts into next.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Corsair does have the better warranty and should fit in the case. It’s just how hateful those hoses really are that makes me disregard them for small builds. But I wouldn’t count out the silverstones. I had a td02 slim that worked fine on a 6700k.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
So my case arrived and i'm done with the build. (Mostly)
have a look XD
Edit;? 8 images, i posted 10, who knows?
I might be mistaken but I think noctua makes slim 120mm fans to replace the small one you have on the rad

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Those who has the AIO case, how do you guys manage VRM temps? After delidding my 8700K, I managed to drop CPU temp by ~20C, but on 4.6GHz prime95 my motherboard VRM is already hitting 105C. I think that I also lucked out on silicon lottery as setting Vcore below 1.3V is unstable on any speed. Seeing other people hitting 5Ghz with 1.2V or even less made me feelsbadman.

Anyway, my AIO is currently set up to push air up through the rad. Could not mount a fan below the PSU because the front panel USB header is blocking it. Any suggestions?

Tato

Efficiency Noob
Apr 12, 2018
Those who has the AIO case, how do you guys manage VRM temps? After delidding my 8700K, I managed to drop CPU temp by ~20C, but on 4.6GHz prime95 my motherboard VRM is already hitting 105C. I think that I also lucked out on silicon lottery as setting Vcore below 1.3V is unstable on any speed. Seeing other people hitting 5Ghz with 1.2V or even less made me feelsbadman.

Anyway, my AIO is currently set up to push air up through the rad. Could not mount a fan below the PSU because the front panel USB header is blocking it. Any suggestions?

If you are really despite you can always use these cuties: https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x10-flx. Not sure how much it would help but is an idea for spot airfllow. I use the 20mm thick version (https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x20-pwm) on my electric skateboard and the 20mm push a surprising amount of air and are quiet.

Reactions: heckinwoofer

Ryuji009

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2018
@seepang That is good to hear! As an update, I did get my tracking number from Batch #13 on the 18th. Just Departed Outward Office of Exchange so fingers crossed I'll get it soon. :)

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Party 14 has already been painted. The details are already coming to us. We plan to ship next week.

Party 15. The plant has not yet sent the details. There will be a delay of 2-3 weeks. If you can not wait, please write to us.

Sorry for the delay.

AH805

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2018
Party 14 has already been painted. The details are already coming to us. We plan to ship next week.

Party 15. The plant has not yet sent the details. There will be a delay of 2-3 weeks. If you can not wait, please write to us.

Sorry for the delay.

If I waited this long already, I'm sure I could hang on a little longer. I'll bother you again in 2 weeks again.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Anyone ordered custom cables for the AIO case before? What are the cable lengths? I am wondering how much tolerance should I give so the routing is not too tight.