Production case SX1 6.8L / SX2 7.5L by Custom_MOD

UndercoverBrother

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2018
@sergiiua quick question:
1) do you have plan for a 3slot gpu sfx case (or a 2 slot one that accept gpu up to 53mm in thickness **the 1080 strix** ) so were able to close the side pannel with those cards
2)can you adjust the gpu length informations on the first page for the different configuration? because im guessing that I can go with a strix only if the power button is on the back (its about 3-4 cm longer than the 278mm written in the description) only if thhe power button is on the back
3) is there flex in the honeycomb design side pannels?

You can have him make a custom case for you that fits those specifications, as I recently did, just make sure to specify where you want the extra width to go as I did (i.e. total width 150mm, add 20 to motherboard side and 10 to GPU side).

Loct

Case Bender
Feb 26, 2018
So I just received my #8 batch case.

Intel Core i7-8700K Boxed
Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G
Cryorig C7
G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
Corsair SF600
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

As mentioned before, the only problem I encountered is the positioning of the power connector of the SF600. An awesome case nonetheless!

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017

Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

As mentioned before, the only problem I encountered is the positioning of the power connector of the SF600. An awesome case nonetheless!

Nice rig. But does that c7 cool the 8700k ??? My lp53 was struggling mightily with idle in 30s and load hitting 80+.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
You can have him make a custom case for you that fits those specifications, as I recently did, just make sure to specify where you want the extra width to go as I did (i.e. total width 150mm, add 20 to motherboard side and 10 to GPU side).
do you have pictures? and does it cost more?

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018

Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

nice build, quick question: does the side pannel flex or its sturdy? I really want the honeycomb design too. also, does the usb connector interfiere with the gpu?

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
Samsung 960 EVO 500GB

Many thanks for the photo and the tip.

UndercoverBrother

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2018
do you have pictures? and does it cost more?
I haven't recieved the case yet, just wanted to let you know that you *can* change the specifications of the case. My case cost $239, and its specs were 305 (Depth), 150(width) and 200(Height), totaling at 9.15L the cost includes shipping and the riser. I also ordered mine unpainted, so it should be here in about a month and once it gets here I'll make sure to show pictures!

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
just placed my order for a sfx mid 6.8l batch 14 with 10mm added in length and 10mm added in width on the gpu side to make sure the 2070/2080 strix fits (total is 7.5l) honeycomb design FTW! @sergiiua I modified the form to change the mesurements, is it OK or you will have 2 orders to my name?

megadork

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 6, 2017
Hey all,
My batch 6 arrived much later than expected. Because it arrived so late, I moved on to using a different case.

I wanted to offer up my case for sale here in case anyone wanted one more quickly. Includes plexiglass side panels.

Below are pictures- PM me and we can work out sale in continental USA.

https://photos.app.******/ImCjeyjsFoiHluKz2

Ludwig

Efficiency Noob
Mar 3, 2018
Hello all,
I'm very interested in these cases, but I'd like to know something. On the first page of this thread, it is said that the SFX case mini 5.9L can handle a GPU with these specifications : length <278mm, height <140mm, width <40mm. However, when I click on the Facebook page with the photo, specifications are a little different : "<287mm, height <151mm". So, which one are the true one ? Sorry if this question has been already asked before, I don't have the strenght to read the previous pages.

I want to fit a MSI GTX970 in this case, this is why I ask the question. According to MSI, this card have these specifications : "27,7 x 14,0 x 3,5 cm". So I guess it can fit in both scenarios, but I'd like to be sure before, and of course, if the solution is ""<287mm, height <151mm"", I have no doubt it will fit :)

Sorry for my bad english, isn't my native language.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Hello all,
I'm very interested in these cases, but I'd like to know something. On the first page of this thread, it is said that the SFX case mini 5.9L can handle a GPU with these specifications : length <278mm, height <140mm, width <40mm. However, when I click on the Facebook page with the photo, specifications are a little different : "<287mm, height <151mm". So, which one are the true one ? Sorry if this question has been already asked before, I don't have the strenght to read the previous pages.

I want to fit a MSI GTX970 in this case, this is why I ask the question. According to MSI, this card have these specifications : "27,7 x 14,0 x 3,5 cm". So I guess it can fit in both scenarios, but I'd like to be sure before, and of course, if the solution is ""<287mm, height <151mm"", I have no doubt it will fit :)

Sorry for my bad english, isn't my native language.
I have had a GTX780, GTX970 and GTX980ti in my case with no problems. You just need to make sure the GPU is the standard two slot width. Also long as the GPU isn't thicker than two slots you are okay. If the GPU is very long then the power button can be moved to make more space, but with a GTX970 I think think they made them long enough to need the extra space. But it sounds like you already know it will fit so you are okay. The difference in the measurements is based on where the power button is installed.

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
All you batch 8 guys in the USA who have gotten your cases recently. Mine just got shipped a few days ago. How long did it take your to arrive once it was shipped? So far mine has made it to "Departure from outward office of exchange". Thinking I have a few more weeks at least, but it felt like some of you guys got yours really fast once they started shipping. Thanks in advance :)

mholling

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 17, 2017
I finally got around to mounting my front-panel audio. My order was for a single headphone socket and came with this cable:

I thought it looked a bit odd at the time as I thought there was meant to be another plug-insert signal or something. I tried the cable today and found my headphones didn't work.

I found the following wiring diagram from here:

Seems like the sensing signals (the two unused tabs on the connector) need connecting to pins 7 and 10 on the socket.

Can anyone confirm? @sergiiua, what do you think?

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I finally got around to mounting my front-panel audio. My order was for a single headphone socket and came with this cable:

I thought it looked a bit odd at the time as I thought there was meant to be another plug-insert signal or something. I tried the cable today and found my headphones didn't work.

I found the following wiring diagram from here:

Seems like the sensing signals (the two unused tabs on the connector) need connecting to pins 7 and 10 on the socket.

Can anyone confirm? @sergiiua, what do you think?
yes on some motherboards does not work. I learned this too late. I no longer use this connector.

Found recently more suitable, but it's too big.

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
For anyone looking for a bag for their case, I picked up THIS one from amazon and here is a few pics. My 6.3L case can lay flat inside and stack a few things on top (keyboard or cables) or it can sit upright and there are a few inches on the side you can use. It also comes with padding dividers that I used for extra support inside.