Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hello friends!

Some news for you.
We ship Batch 8.
The photo shows several changes.

The factory sent us the details for batches 9 and 12. We will receive them on Wednesday and begin the assembly. After that we will send for painting.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
hi, just wondering if the clear side pannels come with the same design as the metal ones (im interested in the honeycomb design) and also if its possible to have your logo on the front of the case on the 6.8l version (just like on the 5.9l)

seepang

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2018
Just filled out the order form for the SFX Mid but a couple things. I noted that I didn't want any front IO and that the power button be in the rear (so no USB or power in front at all). Also does the case have the same GPU clearance as the Dan Case A4? I have a Vega 64 reference that will be going in there.

Edit: The GPU will now be the EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3. If a separate order is needed I can wait and pay extra to have a case that fits if possible.

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Just filled out the order form for the SFX Mid but a couple things. I noted that I didn't want any front IO and that the power button be in the rear (so no USB or power in front at all). Also does the case have the same GPU clearance as the Dan Case A4? I have a Vega 64 reference that will be going in there.

Edit: The GPU will now be the EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3. If a separate order is needed I can wait and pay extra to have a case that fits if possible.
The button on the back is transferred to the side of the motherboard. This will allow you to install large video cards.

Reactions: loader963

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
hi, just wondering if the clear side pannels come with the same design as the metal ones (im interested in the honeycomb design) and also if its possible to have your logo on the front of the case on the 6.8l version (just like on the 5.9l)
Additional transparent panels can be with any holes. The default is similar to the main aluminum panels.

By default, all the cases are done without the logo. If you want we will make a logo with a backlight in front. Just write about it to us.:)

seepang

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2018
The button on the back is transferred to the side of the motherboard. This will allow you to install large video cards.

Wow I am very interested in this modification. I will add a note in the form as well. Thank you

Last edited:

crazydave48

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2017
@sergiiua A friend of mine was considering ordering a case but he was sad to see that the option to pick a white case was no longer available on the order form. Will that option ever be coming back?

UndercoverBrother

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2018
Hi, do we have a gpu compatibility list ?

I will only have a M.2 in the case so i can go full size
Also does dust filters are included ? I saw no option

Here is my rig :

i7 7700 delided on b250i gaming pro msi
Cooltek LP53 + noctua a9x14
M2 samsung 960 pro

Still have to buy psu + gpu (1070, 1080 or 1080ti)
What should i buy ? (going for the 6.8L)

Thanks !
Any EVGA graphics card should work (FTW3 as well if you move the power button to the back) since they're explicitly 2 slot cards. Other Blower Style cards should work as well, The card has to strictly be 2 slots so that eliminates most of the MSI cards, except the Mini's. The Zotac Mini cards will work as well.

PSU wise any sfx option should work, SFX-L if you aren't going to be using any non M.2 drives (which it looks like you aren't), Noise wise I would recommend the Corsair SF600 with a Fan swap, or the Silverstone 650W as its pretty damn quiet without having to do a fan swap. SFX-L options such as the Silverstone 700W are good options (but people have said that the fan can be a bit loud).

higuy808

Caliper Novice
Feb 14, 2017
Thanks UndercoverBrother !

I think i'll go for a evga, but should i ask for a back power button or i can do it myself?

also i have ner heard of a corsair sf600 fan swap, they are very silent aren't they ?
do you have a reference for that 650w super quiet silverstone ? thank you :)
Ask for the back power button otherwise you will have a hole in the side of your case. Also those Corsair PSU's are pretty quiet stock. I don't think swapping the fan and voiding the warranty is worth it.

Mallot

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2017
Is it possible to order SFXm? From page 24.

Another body that we made at the request of the client. A very compact version of the housing with the use of internal power supply unit SFX. Minus this layout, there is no place for a drive format 2.5 ".

Specs: case SFXm prototype
- Material: 1.5mm Aluminium, Powder Coating
- Volume: 6.0L (250mm x 130mm x 185mm)
- GPU: length <175mm, height <140mm, width <40mm
- CPU Cooler: up to 63mm
- FANs: 60x10mm
- PSU: SFX
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type
- Storage: M.2

we plan to fix it in the final version.
Specs: case SFXm rev.5.0
- Material: 1.5mm Aluminium, Powder Coating
- Volume: 6.1L (250mm x 135mm x 180mm)
- GPU: length <175mm, height <140mm, width <40mm
- CPU Cooler: up to 68mm
- FANs: 2 x 60 < 10mm (attachment to the top cover)
- PSU: SFX / SFX-L
- PCIe riser: LiHeat 300mm D.type
- Storage: M.2

Don't want to order now, but I want to know if this is/will be available.

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
to anyone that has the honeycomb design: does the area where the design is feels weak to you? just wondering if its still rigid (no flex at all when pushing on it) since there is less material in beetween the "holes" than on other designs, its probably going to be my next case ;)

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Just got my batch #8 today in VA, USA. Won’t get to build in it for a bit but opened it up and from first looks I am very happy. Paint and form look solid and can’t wait to crack her open.

Reactions: jin03002

Narwhal

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2018
@sergiiua quick question:
1) do you have plan for a 3slot gpu sfx case (or a 2 slot one that accept gpu up to 53mm in thickness **the 1080 strix** ) so were able to close the side pannel with those cards
2)can you adjust the gpu length informations on the first page for the different configuration of power button and usb ports? because im guessing that I can go with a strix only if the power button is on the back (its about 2 cm longer than the 278mm written in the description) only if thhe power button is on the back
3) is there flex in the honeycomb design side pannels?

Last edited: