May 24, 2017

Some defect that i found for my case

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
My case just arrived.. and from my first impression, it is a good case. But some screw are missing and there is no dust filter like sergie told us will be included..Later i will build it and post it..
write to us on email and we will solve the issue with a dust filter.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Hmm is it just me or from some of the pics it seems like there is space to fit GPU longer than 278mm? Thinking if I could fit a 1080 Ti FTW3 in there (well probably wishful thinking).

Also, does dust filters come standard?

Last edited:

mholling

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 17, 2017
I received my supplementary package containing dust filters and SSD brackets. Postage was pretty slow around Christmas time.

All of you can offer your ideas for improvement and refinement. We will be grateful to you.

I had a problem mounting the SSD brackets, with their M2.5 screws being too short to engage the threads on the brackets. I suggest increasing the length of the supplied screws by 2mm (I had to re-thread at M3 and use some screws I already had.) I also countersunk the corresponding holes in the floor of the case, maybe this could be done at the factory?

The 2-way USB front panel connector also interfered with the SSD brackets. I had to cut off a piece of the plastic housing to let them coexists. Maybe a narrower connector could be provided? (*edit: sounds like this issue fixed in subsequent batches.)

Finally, I purchased my Vega 56 graphics card (a reference design). The card has no problems fitting length-wise, but the protruding tab on the mounting bracket (where the card is screwed down) was too wide by several millimetres to fit through the corresponding hole in the rear of case. (No picture, sorry.) Using a nibbler and file, I was able to extend the width of the slot towards the edge of the case. The card then fit in easily. Not a modification I would expect to make though, so I would also suggest making this hole a few millimetres wider.

For other owners of this case, I would definitely recommend planning before your assembly! I had to take out the motherboard to swap out an M.2 wifi card, and this basically entailed a complete disassembly. Just the nature of such a tight case! :)

* edit: adding picture of enlarge graphics card mounting slot

Last edited:

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
I received my supplementary package containing dust filters and SSD brackets. Postage was pretty slow around Christmas time.

I had a problem mounting the SSD brackets, with their M2.5 screws being too short to engage the threads on the brackets. I suggest increasing the length of the supplied screws by 2mm (I had to re-thread at M3 and use some screws I already had.) I also countersunk the corresponding holes in the floor of the case, maybe this could be done at the factory?

The 2-way USB front panel connector also interfered with the SSD brackets. I had to cut off a piece of the plastic housing to let them coexists. Maybe a narrower connector could be provided?

Finally, I purchased my Vega 56 graphics card (a reference design). The card has no problems fitting length-wise, but the protruding tab on the mounting bracket (where the card is screwed down) was too wide by several millimetres to fit through the corresponding hole in the rear of case. (No picture, sorry.) Using a nibbler and file, I was able to extend the width of the slot towards the edge of the case. The card then fit in easily. Not a modification I would expect to make though, so I would also suggest making this hole a few millimetres wider.

For other owners of this case, I would definitely recommend planning before your assembly! I had to take out the motherboard to swap out an M.2 wifi card, and this basically entailed a complete disassembly. Just the nature of such a tight case! :)

* edit: adding picture of enlarge graphics card mounting slot

In the last revision of the hull, we lifted the YSB connector by 5 mm. Find another with a smaller body could not.

We will think about increasing the opening for the video card.

Thank you for your help!

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hmm is it just me or from some of the pics it seems like there is space to fit GPU longer than 278mm? Thinking if I could fit a 1080 Ti FTW3 in there (well probably wishful thinking).

Also, does dust filters come standard?
Your video card is 299 mm long. To install it, you need to increase the housing by 5mm in length (310mm). Also, the power button should be moved to the bottom and placed instead of the YSB ports.

You can purchase dust filters yourself.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Case just arrived!

First impression: Everything is solid and well put together. Front panel engraving was wrong but Sergii has offered to correct it.

I'll attempt to put everything together this weekend and will post a build log! :D

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
I couldn't wait so...

Tips:
- Building in this case is really really tight so if you don't have good cable management, like me, do yourself a favour and get custom cables. I have up and left the right side open for now. I'll be sure to order them cables soon.
- Use a magnetic screw driver.

The good:
- Case came well packaged.
- The quality is really really good. The paint job feels fantastic.
- The cutouts are well done too.
- The GPU and CPU fan clearance is perfect.
- The PCIE riser feels really high quality.
- Communication with Sergii is good if you contact him directly.

The bad (The case and my components):
- Only 3 out of 4 of the motherboard screws could fit. The one on the top right wouldn't go in for me.
- Building with the cables that come with the corsair sf600 is a nightmare. The SATA cables have too large connectors and I had to bend the cables 90 degrees for it to fit. I was afraid some of them might break.
- I was also afraid the connectors on my SSDs might break when I forced the cables in.
- The power supply connector faces towards the back when plugged into the the SF600 PSU. (In the build guide it faces the front of the case which would have made it a lot easier) Part of the frame on top is in the way of the cable and it was a tight squeeze.

Nitpicking:
- Some sharp edges.
- The screws don't go in consistently. I tried using different screws but some of the holes just won't allow them in all the way.

Photos (Only before and after):

Last edited:

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
I couldn't wait so...

Tips:
- Building in this case is really really tight so if you don't have good cable management, like me, do yourself a favour and get custom cables. I have up and left the right side open for now. I'll be sure to order them cables soon.
- Use a magnetic screw driver.

The good:
- Case came well packaged.
- The quality is really really good. The paint job feels fantastic.
- The cutouts are well done too.
- The GPU and CPU fan clearance is perfect.
- The PCIE riser feels really high quality.
- Communication with Sergii is good if you contact him directly.

- Only 3 out of 4 of the motherboard screws could fit. The one on the top right wouldn't go in for me.
- Building with the cables that come with the corsair sf600 is a nightmare. The SATA cables have too large connectors and I had to bend the cables 90 degrees for it to fit. I was afraid some of them might break.
- I was also afraid the connectors on my SSDs might break when I forced the cables in.
- The power supply connector faces towards the back when plugged into the the SF600 PSU. (In the build guide it faces the front of the case which would have made it a lot easier) Part of the frame on top is in the way of the cable and it was a tight squeeze.

Nitpicking:
- Some sharp edges.
- The screws don't go in consistently. I tried using different screws but some of the holes just won't allow them in all the way.

Photos (Only before and after):
Build looks great! Glad it worked out, I am going to post my build in a little while!

What kind of temps you seeing when stress testing? Also post the full build specs, please...

Reactions: rudy44

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Yay for you Rudy!!! I too have the Corsair 600 and already decided that I’ll get some different ones. Also, couldn’t you flip the psu so that the connector is forwards or is the cable not long enough?

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Looks good Rudy!

Seems like the build quality has been improved considerably. Just several fit issues remain.

I have just put up my order so it will be quite some time until I have mine :)

Reactions: rudy44

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Yay for you Rudy!!! I too have the Corsair 600 and already decided that I’ll get some different ones. Also, couldn’t you flip the psu so that the connector is forwards or is the cable not long enough?

I could but the fan would then be facing the GPU. Not sure if that was a good idea.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Build looks great! Glad it worked out, I am going to post my build in a little while!

What kind of temps you seeing when stress testing? Also post the full build specs, please...

I haven't done much stress testing but I'll have a look at them when I'm gaming.

Ryzen 1600X
Asrock AB350 ITX
Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
GSKILL Tridentz 3200 mhz 8x2
XFX RX 580 GTR-S 8GB
Samsung 850 evo ssd 1tb
Samsung 950 evo m2 1tb
Seagate 2.5" 5tb hdd

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Looks good Rudy!

Seems like the build quality has been improved considerably. Just several fit issues remain.

I have just put up my order so it will be quite some time until I have mine :)

it definitely still lacks the polish of other cases and has a long wait time. But if you desire customisability, this is the way to go.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
it definitely still lacks the polish of other cases and has a long wait time. But if you desire customisability, this is the way to go.
I actually don't know what modifications I'd like to make. I like the clean, empty front panel and the triangular mesh pattern. I decided to order because I really like the size and layout, and the Dan C4-SFX doesn't even seem to be going into funding phase soon.

Will be migrating my system from the SG13 so all the parts should fit. Just need an SFX PSU, and a CPU upgrade soon. Speaking of which, how do you find the noise of the SF600? I heard some people have noisy units, some don't.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
I actually don't know what modifications I'd like to make. I like the clean, empty front panel and the triangular mesh pattern. I decided to order because I really like the size and layout, and the Dan C4-SFX doesn't even seem to be going into funding phase soon.

Will be migrating my system from the SG13 so all the parts should fit. Just need an SFX PSU, and a CPU upgrade soon. Speaking of which, how do you find the noise of the SF600? I heard some people have noisy units, some don't.

The noise of my cooler and GPU overpowers anything my PSU makes. Speaking of which, having such a tight fit, the GPU fan is real close to the case and it got slightly louder than it was without a case. But it'll be the first part I replace anyway soon as I can find a well priced Vega56.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Speaking of which, how do you find the noise of the SF600? I heard some people have noisy units, some don't.

I know you didn’t ask me, but I can’t hear mine in a silverstone ML08 over the GPU or CPU coolers, either idle or at load. Hopefully be the same in th CM-SFX as well.

Reactions: heckinwoofer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

I have a SF600 in my Ncase and it is very quiet. There is a thread about SF600 at [H]ard and most of the reports of loud fans are fairly old, I think it was an issue with early units that has been resolved.

Reactions: heckinwoofer

grantman102002

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2017
I have had my case for a while now (batch 4). Anyway here it is.

Build:
Intel 7700k (delided)
Asrock Fatality Z270
Cryorig C7
Corsair SF600
Corsair Vengeance LED 3200Mhz (2x8GB)
EVGA 1080ti sc black
Samsung 960 pro (512GB)

The good:
- Very well packaged.
- Paint is very nice and tough.
- Everything, design wise, about my order was correct.
- Great looking and tiny case.

- Had to remove the back plate on my GPU in order to fit.
- Small blemish in the paint on the front panel of my case.
- VERY tight squeeze between the PSU and connecting the 24 pin cable to the motherboard (see pics). I would recommend a different motherboard if you're going with this case, unless this is resolved in future revisions.
- Only included 4 mounting bolts total for the PSU and GPU (6 needed). I used 3 to mount the PSU and 1 to mount the GPU.
- I think I was supposed to get dust filters but didn't. I probably wont use them anyway...