Production cases FX 4.2L / FX 4.9L by Custom_MOD

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
I contacted Sergii who offered me the only prototype piece he had so it isn't in production yet. But you can contact him and request another prototype to be produced. I was in luck honestly. But he will accommodate your request im sure .

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
the expected cost was about $39 with no additional expenses. did only the case come close that cheap?

Last edited:

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
Expected cost was 39$ for the chassis. Riser cable and shipping ofcourse will increase the overall cost.

Riser cable - 30
Shipping - 30

I believe these are the costs.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
So, we might say sergiiua has achieved the target price. Yes, a riser cable costs at about 30$ at least.

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
My Flex Mini SS arrived yesterday! Opened it up but couldn't build in immediately since I am still waiting for my GPU and PSU.

Here are my initial impressions:

- The packaging was awesome! Ridiculous amounts of foam and polystyrene sheets make it tough to damage the case. Good job at that.
- Given the past batches QC, I am really surprised at how amazingly well this case is built even for a prototype.
- The panels are rigid, and I mean RIGID! I applied a lot of force to see if they bend but they would not bend! I would feel ultra comfortable to travel with it with it other things in a backpack. Truly amazing.
- Doesn't feel much heavy even if its SS. And considering that it is so strong, the weight is worth it.

The not so good impressions (mostly nitpicks, not deal breakers):

- The strip on the front is a bit of an eye sore and doesn't give a good feel from close up
- The screws fit weirdly in some locations. Given that the case is so industrial, it doesn't surprise me. Not a deal breaker but a nitpick.
- There seems to a gap between the I/O shield and PSU at the back which I am not sure if it has a function or is an error? Maybe @sergiiua can weigh in on this or someone else can. Either way, its a small hole to be concerned about dust when the entire side is not filtered. Not a worry.

Again these are all nitpicks, and at 99$ with shipping for a custom case, not commercially available, I am absolutely happy!

My roommates were fascinated at the size and how much it can fit. They are more hardcore gamers than me so it truly is an amazing case!

Thanks Sergiiua and Custom Mod for the hard work you put in these cases!

I will add another post with build photos and comment on performance (and issues if any).

The photo album for the case:

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
@Pkhairnar6 yes there is not supposed to be a gap there and it is ugly as hell....
Seems your bottom of the case is a separate part that is different from the original design of the case.
Also where is your power button?!?
This case it is not OK by my opinion, can @sergiiua explain why is that change and can we go back to the old design that is so much better looking!

Last edited:

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018
@Pkhairnar6 yes there is not supposed to be a gap there and it is ugly as hell....
Seems your bottom of the case is a separate part that is different from the original design of the case.
Also where is your power button?!?
This case it is not OK by my opinion, can @sergiiua explain why is that change and can we go back to the old design that is so much better looking!

Stupid me I actually forgot I need to receive the power button! More so, the case has no opening for it. This is definitely concerning.

While there are workarounds to it, I would like to know why there is no power button opening and the power button in the package @sergiiua ?

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
i did some work on Photoshop so we can see how this gap looks like with everything installed and i absolutely dislike it!!!
MB: ASUS Z370-I
PSU: FSP500-50FSPT

Last edited:

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
I think what you guys get are a "prototype version". so those kinds of quality are given. imho most of his release changes based on revisions, its like beta testers if client complain then we change it to a better quality whatever it is needed. it becomes better as time goes..you get the idea. I ordered one of the very first version of his itx case and it is the worst botique case I purchased when it comes to quality. just like I said it is given.

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
I think what you guys get are a "prototype version". so those kinds of quality are given. imho most of his release changes based on revisions, its like beta testers if client complain then we change it to a better quality whatever it is needed. it becomes better as time goes..you get the idea. I ordered one of the very first version of his itx case and it is the worst botique case I purchased when it comes to quality. just like I said it is given.

If were @Pkhairnar6 i will definitely return this case, it is not worth the money!

Pkhairnar6

Chassis Packer
Jul 5, 2018

But missing a power button opening? Hardly something you could call a quality issue. More like ignorance on part of the designer. A little disappointing to be honest.

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
But missing a power button opening? Hardly something you could call a quality issue. More like ignorance on part of the designer. A little disappointing to be honest.

ah yeah in that case send it back, doesn't make sense for a case without the hole for the power button, not helping its a sheet of metal. ;)

Reactions: Pkhairnar6

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
While it’s understandable that you purchased a prototype for $99 and there may be imperfections, the lack of a power button and the cutout for it is an issue. Especially if you were supposed to get one.

I feel a partial refund or return is a reasonable resolution. Let’s see what support you get. This type of QA has been and issue with Custom Mod and is really holding them back.

Reactions: Nichronos