Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Version 0.1

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Only thing worth mentioning is that there may be an issue pushing power over long cables (like Li-Heat) to cards that are bus powered only.

Also I think it'd be cool if you could get a metal rim that would let you mount a smoke/clear acrylic top plated that was vented. Or maybe a steel top with giant holes for you to stick DEMCIFLEX with magnetic borders over.

Edit: Also going by the mockup you posted I think you'll need more space between the PCI-E slot and the case sidewall, don't think you can bend most shielded risers that sharply.

Last edited:

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Only thing worth mentioning is that there may be an issue pushing power over long cables (like Li-Heat) to cards that are bus powered only.

We use Moddiy 300mm Riser. It works with bus powered cards without any issues. For example, I use it with Zotac 1050 Ti.

Also I think it'd be cool if you could get a metal rim that would let you mount a smoke/clear acrylic top plated that was vented. Or maybe a steel top with giant holes for you to stick DEMCIFLEX with magnetic borders over.

Great idea. Our case will support dust filters (as option) and window kit (as option).

Reactions: Ceros_X

makiasd

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Not a fan of the asymmetry in the top/bottom pieces vent patterns, I do like the ones on the sides though, a lot.
In the past CustomMOD has offered multiple vent patterns to choose from and has been very flexible with any other customizations. Hopefully they have the same flexibility here too.

Reactions: Nocturnize

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
Yes!

Now we are talking! CPU and GPU face the same way.

This orientation is HARD to find. It's only seen on the elusive S3 Mini

or in custom builds like the Little Mac

After 2.5 years, Little Mac is still doing great as my daily driver.
I've found this orientation is best for cooling and perfect for mounting on the back of a monitor or HDTV.

@sergiiua - I am definitely interested in this chassis.

Would you consider going slightly larger than 2.99L? Having this orientation and supporting the Zotac GTX 1080 Mini would be amazing. We could put that space to use for SSD mounts.

Reactions: Weredawg

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Yes!

I've found this orientation is best for cooling and perfect for mounting on the back of a monitor or HDTV.

Would you consider going slightly larger than 2.99L? Having this orientation and supporting the Zotac GTX 1080 Mini would be amazing. We could put that space to use for SSD mounts.
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/catz-c-1-5l-c-sfx-10l-and-c-ws-15l.1562/page-3 ?

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Yes!

Really, with the Catz case already in existence I'd prefer this one to stay noticeably smaller.. I wouldn't even consider the 1080 class cards, would probably stick with a 1060 at most.

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
Looking forward to seeing this after bending and assembly :) Have you considered making renders to showcase the different hole patterns etc..? I feel it would help choosing a design..

Reactions: sergiiua

y.dn.a

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2017
Any updates? Can't wait to see the final prototype! :-)

Btw, are the informations for the custom options of the G-Unique PSU final?
So I could one for this case by now, maybe.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Looking forward to seeing this after bending and assembly :) Have you considered making renders to showcase the different hole patterns etc..? I feel it would help choosing a design..
Ok, we'll do renders. We'll have 8 different options and customers can choose any.

Any updates? Can't wait to see the final prototype! :-)

Btw, are the informations for the custom options of the G-Unique PSU final?
So I could one for this case by now, maybe.

We made some mistakes in size, prototype will be ready in 4-5 days :)

About G-Unique. Yes, you can order it now. These requirements are final:
- Base unit
- Custom cables length & connectors: 4+4 CPU connector (200mm) and 6+2 GPU connector (200mm)
- Power Adapter 8pin from 220W to 400W (120W is not supported)
- Standard small mounting socket (just say "for CustomMOD case" in comments).