Production cases: SLM1m/ SLM1 4L/ SLM2 5.7L by Custom_MOD

makiasd

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Would a drilled-hole venting design similar to the DAN A4-SFX be possible?

Reactions: Coach_Rico

makiasd

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
Two questions:
Could the DC input port be moved down closer to the bottom panel?
Could the power button be relocated to the rear panel above/under the DC input port?

Last edited:

paullusty

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2017
Does requesting custom designs such as the drill hole design makiasd requested incur extra costs?

I don't see any front i/o, is it possible to get holes machined this in the front or top panel?
Can you also select the colour of the power button LED?

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Does requesting custom designs such as the drill hole design makiasd requested incur extra costs?
I don't see any front i/o, is it possible to get holes machined this in the front or top panel?
Can you also select the colour of the power button LED?

Any venting holes design - possible and free
Color of power button LED - possible and free
Front i/o (2 x USB 3.0 + microphone + speaker) - possible, +$10

makiasd

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2016
the gpu slot to be raised slightly for an ssd to fit underneath (wouldnt change the case dimensions).

By my calculation up to 2 SSDs could fit side-by-side underneath the GPU:
+52mm outer dimensions
-03mm case thickness (1.5mmx2)
-37mm GPU thickness
12mm remaining

Almost all SSDs are 7mm thick nowadays

Reactions: BeerNsoup

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
If true that's fantastic!

I'm skeptical though because it appears in the renders that the GPU cutout is in the middle of the space available. If the GPU is floating in the middle then that 12mm of space is actually 6mm below and 6mm above, so not enough for SSDs. Also, if 52mm is the outer thickness wouldn't the thickness of the tray shave off another 1.5mm of space? If SSD mounting holes are drilled into the tray that would eliminate the need for velcro tape which would use a bit more of the limited space.

If I'm not mistaken, the GPU slot would have to be cut for more clearance below the GPU than above in order for SSDs to fit. If you could (re)confirm I would really appreciate it Sergiiua. And thank you for taking all the time to answer questions :).

BTW, I saw on the 3.24L mini that you can get rounded corners or angled corners for the front plate, will that be an option on this case?

Last edited:
Reactions: makiasd

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
If true that's fantastic!

I'm skeptical though because it appears in the renders that the GPU cutout is in the middle of the space available. If the GPU is floating in the middle then that 12mm of space is actually 6mm below and 6mm above, so not enough for SSDs. Also, if 52mm is the outer thickness wouldn't the thickness of the tray shave off another 1.5mm of space? If SSD mounting holes are drilled into the tray that would eliminate the need for velcro tape which would use a bit more of the limited space.

If I'm not mistaken, the GPU slot would have to be cut for more clearance below the GPU than above in order for SSDs to fit. If you could (re)confirm I would really appreciate it Sergiiua. And thank you for taking all the time to answer questions :).

BTW, I saw on the 3.24L mini that you can get rounded corners or angled corners for the front plate, will that be an option on this case?

About SSD. We'll move GPU up. I can say for sure about fitting when the prototype will be ready.
About rounded corners. Our partner (ESI METAL factory) can't do this, only angular corners.

Reactions: BeerNsoup