Custom Watercooling

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Hey people,

after the arrival of my NCase (by bike in a trekking backpack) I finished my first custom waterloop quite fast. To my surprise nothing leaks despite the thick tubing beeing really squished inside the case. Pictures are following in my build log later on.

Currently I am fine tuning my cooling/noise ratio in the case. I am running 2x 240 like usual and set the side fans in a push config as intakes and the bottom fans are pulling exhaust. Temps are quite good. While gaming my cpu and gpu hover in the mid 50s to 60s. Ddc Pump runs at 30%.

Now my problems:
- The intake fans in push are making quite a turbulent noise. Not so much the fans themselves but the air hitting the radiator. Maybe switch to pull as exhaust?
- I got a temp sensor in my loop, but Asus bios just allows the chassis fan header to be controlled by water-temp. The cpu fanheader needs to be tied to cpu temp. Currently I could not find another software but asus fan xpert that works with my mobo temp sensor. Thinking about getting an aquaaero fan-controller like the aquaaero 5 LT and stick it behind the front panel. Did someone try this in an older version of the case?

How do other people arround here control their watercooled Sff builds?