Custom Water Cooled ITX PC Project - In 12.5L

NShe

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
I wanted to build a water cooling ITX PC for a while. During the case search, I just can't find one case that is both small and supporting custom water cooling. Since I am a mechanical engineering master student, I think it would be fun for me just to design a one-off case for myself. Here it is.

First, let me lay out my components for my PC
Motherboard: Asus ROG z390-i
CPU: i7-9700k
Graphic Card: Asus rog strix 1080
PSU: Corsair SF 600 Platinum
RAM: Corsair 32GB
Water cooling parts: from Bykski

Here is my rendered design. My CAD software is Solidworks 2018

Overall Dimension:

Components Layout:

Motherboard Assembly:

GPU Assembly:

Assembly View:

The project is complete at this moment. I will update later for the actual build ( It is beautiful !!!!!)

The material used for this build is 1.2mm 5052 Aluminum (case), 304 stainless steal(inside brackets) and 5mm acrylic ( for the see-through panel).
Cost of the manufacturing for this case is about 210 USD. I ordered this service on AliExpress

More pictures are coming...........

Last edited:

NShe

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
Here is the building process

Final Build

Thank you for checking out my build. If anyone interested in my build, I would share my manufacturing drawing, cad model and stuff (with some donation).

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The res poking out the side is a nice touch, the red on black looks good. I think I'd be too worried about bumping into it and knocking something loose, though.

Reactions: Mtthwmths and NShe

NShe

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
The res poking out the side is a nice touch, the red on black looks good. I think I'd be too worried about bumping into it and knocking something loose, though.
Thank you,Necere. Check out the actual build!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Great looking build, love how you have the cutouts for the hard tubing/reservoir.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Inb4 requests for you to build this case for other people XD Love the protruding loop, very cool.

Was connecting up the CPU into the loop difficult and nerve racking on first boot considering it would be really hard to tell if that part was leaking?

NShe

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jan 5, 2019
Inb4 requests for you to build this case for other people XD Love the protruding loop, very cool.

Was connecting up the CPU into the loop difficult and nerve racking on first boot considering it would be really hard to tell if that part was leaking?
It wasXD

Reactions: Mtthwmths and Tazpr

psycho88

Average Stuffer
Jan 18, 2017
I wanted to build a water cooling ITX PC for a while. During the case search, I just can't find one case that is both small and supporting custom water cooling. Since I am a mechanical engineering master student, I think it would be fun for me just to design a one-off case for myself. Here it is.

First, let me lay out my components for my PC
Motherboard: Asus ROG z390-i
CPU: i7-9700k
Graphic Card: Asus rog strix 1080
PSU: Corsair SF 600 Platinum
RAM: Corsair 32GB
Water cooling parts: from Bykski

Here is my rendered design. My CAD software is Solidworks 2018

Overall Dimension:

Components Layout:

Motherboard Assembly:

GPU Assembly:

Assembly View:

The project is complete at this moment. I will update later for the actual build ( It is beautiful !!!!!)

The material used for this build is 1.2mm 5052 Aluminum (case), 304 stainless steal(inside brackets) and 5mm acrylic ( for the see-through panel).
Cost of the manufacturing for this case is about 210 USD. I ordered this service on AliExpress

More pictures are coming...........

Could you share the link on Ali express? I would like to make my own custom itx case.
it's cool If i can build my own PC case

Reactions: Sashby