Custom PSU power extension (kettle type)

xrob

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
Does anyone make high quality versions of the cable extensions used in typical SFF cases. Have tried searching but don't really be what I'm looking for.

See picture below.

Looking for either the connectors to make my own or premade braided ones.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018

Some have brought up concern about the wire gauge used in this.... but it sure looks nice.

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
I also needed to order this cable for my own build, since a spare cable I had was too large (deep)
I ordered the one scatterforce mentioned from superbuy last week plus this one:
My googling said that 16AWG was good for up to 1000W, but would be very happy to hear some other opinions as this is not my expertise. I am more worried about the exposed parts of the cabling to be honest

Reactions: scatterforce

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
I also needed to order this cable for my own build, since a spare cable I had was too large (deep)
I ordered the one scatterforce mentioned from superbuy last week plus this one:
My googling said that 16AWG was good for up to 1000W, but would be very happy to hear some other opinions as this is not my expertise. I am more worried about the exposed parts of the cabling to be honest
Nice find! I like that cable better; the connectors are screwed in, not slotted in, and should have much better contacts. Scrolling through the pictures, the final product appears to be covered in black insulating wrap. I'm looking forward to your comparison when you get them both.