Concept Custom Leather Bag for Slim Cases

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello community,

I am interested in designing a custom leather bag for slim cases like Skyreach Mini or Sentry.

While you can certainly get something like that on the market I want to have something specifically designed for us.

Before I submit a design request I want to know what are some features that we should incorporate.

1. How much are you willing to pay? The general ballpark is $150-250.

2. Should it be a simple single compartment or should we have multiple compartment?

3. Sewn leather straps or detachable?

4. Any other features or suggestions?

5. Would you want a leather sleeve instead?

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

BrokenByDesign

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 29, 2019
I’m actually currently looking for a good solution to carry my S4 Mini. One absolut must for me is that it’s waterproof in heavy rain.

CotRims77

Efficiency Noob
Mar 24, 2019
1.i would pay 100-150USD for an Custom Leather Bag for the S4M
2.For the S4M is is very good when it have multiple compartment because the Power Brick and Cables for it.
The Sentry.Is multiple compartment in my opinion is little too much for me.And multiple compartment for is when mechanical keybords some are very thicc and the most from big brands like Corsair ore Logitech uses mostly Fullsize,it would stick out not very(S4M).
3.I like the Idea of Sewn Leather Strap,I think sewn is more for me and detchable is for me bit more not solid like Sewn ones.
4.my suggestions is 2 Version of it a Leather sleeve for Budget Version with mutiple compartment and a Better without a Leather Sleeve.and Black or brown Leather
5.A Leather sleeve is likely little cheaper then complete Leather and my suggestions

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey guys,

It seems someone revived this thread which I assumed based on lackluster response people weren't interested in it.

Thank you for your input so far! I'll take it into consideration. If you're a lurker reading this I do need your input to consider this to be a viable project so do comment.

An order of about 50 bags is needed before the shop is willing to prototype and help design.

wertigon

Trash Compacter
Sep 13, 2019
Hey guys,

It seems someone revived this thread which I assumed based on lackluster response people weren't interested in it.

Thank you for your input so far! I'll take it into consideration. If you're a lurker reading this I do need your input to consider this to be a viable project so do comment.

An order of about 50 bags is needed before the shop is willing to prototype and help design.

I think this is a compelling product if I could get this in some sort of combo-deal with an SFF case + the bag and then the bag sold separately. I think it would be an awesome way to carry a computer to a tradeshow, LAN party or just for that kid who wants to move his gaming rig back and forth between mum and dad.

Perhaps you could also consider asking Jays2cents or LTT to review a prototype of it and a few other similar bags? I also saw something interesting at sfflab, though they seem to be down for maintenance at the moment.

For your questions;

1. I would find $175-$200 reasonable if the bag has that luxury-but-practical look & feel. Over $200 it would have to be one heck of a bag.
2. I would like one main compartment for case, one in the lid for either a keyboard or some documents and finally somewhere to put peripherals like mice, USB keys or other minor peripherals.
3. Whichever is less prone to breaking.
4. Perhaps a way to connect your cables to the case inside the bag? Like a zipper cutout or something? Airflow will be a problem though, but then it could also be used for outdoor activities without risking too much harm to come to the computer.
5. Would rather have a handle to carry the computer around, but if the case already has a built-in handle a sleeve might be more interesting.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
FWIW one of the NCASE guys tried to do a custom bag sold through SSF Lab. It seemed like a really well designed, well marketed, well made, and well priced item.

... I don't think it sold well and they only did one batch.